September Planning

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I am planning on visiting Disneyland resort for one day on September 18, 2017. I know fantasmic usually does not run year round. Do you think it will play on this night?

It shows this day is a value ticket day. Will crowds be low?

GiveMeTheMusic

I am planning on visiting Disneyland resort for one day on September 18, 2017. I know fantasmic usually does not run year round. Do you think it will play on this night?

It shows this day is a value ticket day. Will crowds be low?

It is unlikely Fantasmic will be performed that day as it's a Monday and by then Fantasmic is usually relegated to weekends only. That may change this fall with new Fantasmic on line, but we won't know until much closer.

Crowds will likely be moderate to crowded.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
It is unlikely Fantasmic will be performed that day as it's a Monday and by then Fantasmic is usually relegated to weekends only. That may change this fall with new Fantasmic on line, but we won't know until much closer.

Crowds will likely be moderate to crowded.

I can adjust if needed but i really want to see fantasmic on the west coast.

BubbaQuest

Unfortunately I'm not sure anyone will know until the Fantasmic re-opening date is officially announced. Disney is still indicating 'Summer 2017' but some are speculating it won't reopen until September. As Music mentioned, it's usually weekends only during the off season. I'm assuming they will show it every night for an extended period of time to deal with crowds when it reopens. However, Disney also keeps expanding the Halloween party...all the way back to August. I'm not sure if Fantasmic is shown during the Halloween party. Here are the 2017 Halloween Party dates for September.
  • September 1, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29
Not sure if any of this is helpful. Personally, I'd wait until June if possible to see if Disney makes any formal announcements.

GiveMeTheMusic

Unfortunately I'm not sure anyone will know until the Fantasmic re-opening date is officially announced. Disney is still indicating 'Summer 2017' but some are speculating it won't reopen until September. As Music mentioned, it's usually weekends only during the off season. I'm assuming they will show it every night for an extended period of time to deal with crowds when it reopens. However, Disney also keeps expanding the Halloween party...all the way back to August. I'm not sure if Fantasmic is shown during the Halloween party. Here are the 2017 Halloween Party dates for September.
Not sure if any of this is helpful. Personally, I'd wait until June if possible to see if Disney makes any formal announcements.

I've heard from a couple birdies that there is serious consideration for moving the parties back to DCA this fall. We'll see!

disney4life2008

Original Poster

Yikes i forgot about the Halloween party. Thanks for the information.

Figments Friend

Egad...I thought it was only WDW that had pushed the start of the Halloween Parties up to the very beginnings of September.
Disneyland's first one is September 1st...??
Eek!
:eek:

Now I absolutely LOVE Halloween and everything associated with it, but holy carp, that is WAY too early.
Even a major Halloween freak like me doesn't really 'get in the mood' for the season until the end of September / early October.

Wow.
Craziness.
Stop trying to turn Halloween into a surrogate X-mas season....sheesh.
:bored:

-

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Egad...I thought it was only WDW that had pushed the start of the Halloween Parties up to the very beginnings of September.
Disneyland's first one is September 1st...??
Eek!
:eek:

Now I absolutely LOVE Halloween and everything associated with it, but holy carp, that is WAY too early.
Even a major Halloween freak like me doesn't really 'get in the mood' for the season until the end of September / early October.

Wow.
Craziness.
Stop trying to turn Halloween into a surrogate X-mas season....sheesh.
:bored:

-

Agreed. But they (and stores) start promoting Christmas in September so its no surprise.

Figments Friend

Indeed, and it drives me nuts.
I loath the retail trend of 'pushing the Holidays' so far in advance that they encroach on other holidays.

Perfect example being Halloween - drives my nuts to see X-mas stuff in stores in September!
One holiday at a time, people!
:greedy:

But I digress.....back on topic.

If seeing Disneyland's version of 'Fantasmic!!' Is a must ( and I highly recommend it ) then I would wait to see if they announce the schedule far enough in advance so you can adjust your dates.
As GiveMeTheMusic noted, the Show normally does not run on Monday nights in September, but this year might be an exception if the new edition is packing in the crowds.
Typically, the Park Schedules seem to go up on the official Disneyland website about a month before ...hopefully that won't be too far along for you not to be able to make your plans.

I have a feeling that if the new edition of the Show is a real smash, they might extend the nightly showings.
No way of really knowing this early...we will all just have to wait and see.

-

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Indeed, and it drives me nuts.
I loath the retail trend of 'pushing the Holidays' so far in advance that they encroach on other holidays.

Perfect example being Halloween - drives my nuts to see X-mas stuff in stores in September!
One holiday at a time, people!
:greedy:

But I digress.....back on topic.

If seeing Disneyland's version of 'Fantasmic!!' Is a must ( and I highly recommend it ) then I would wait to see if they announce the schedule far enough in advance so you can adjust your dates.
As GiveMeTheMusic noted, the Show normally does not run on Monday nights in September, but this year might be an exception if the new edition is packing in the crowds.
Typically, the Park Schedules seem to go up on the official Disneyland website about a month before ...hopefully that won't be too far along for you not to be able to make your plans.

I have a feeling that if the new edition of the Show is a real smash, they might extend the nightly showings.
No way of really knowing this early...we will all just have to wait and see.

-

Thanks. Yes, i know i will be in southern California in September and can definitely adjust my dates if needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom