1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

September/October APH rate release date ?*update* - Cabana bay and Sapphire falls APH rates out now

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by Spectro, May 17, 2017.

1. Spectro

Spectro Active Member

Hi does anyone know when the APH rates will be released or when they were released for this timeframe last year ? Thanks

2. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Well-Known Member

DarthFiscus75 likes this.
  3. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

JoeCamel likes this.
  4. JoeCamel

So I see. Missed the "H"

Generally if you stay 3 nights it is less than the APH rate in any case.

5. Spectro

Spectro Active Member Original Poster

Will be 5 nights if the price is right. I've checked the stay more rates and still above budget for universal section of our trip - had to increase the budget Disney part due to to changes in Disney free dining, so staying at SSR now instead of CSR. I'm checking Loews site daily....

6. JoeCamel

The stay more will be the best rate then, you can book now to ensure a room (they take one night as deposit) and if the rate changes up to 5 days before your stay you can rebook at the lower rate. At 5 days the deposit is non-refundable if you cancel, up to then it is fully refundable

7. Spectro

I actually checked the stay more rate and it came out average $257 per night for Portofino, HRH about the same. The budget is going to be $200 per night max, and RPR was not available. If I can't get any cheaper I am considering staying offsite at a town home in Vista Cay, rather than Cabana bay. We will have a hire car.

8. JoeCamel

Are you factoring in the express pass that would be included with HRH or Portofino? If you don't care about that Sapphire Falls might be what you want. You do have to pay for parking if you have a car and if you stay onsite you may not need one.

9. Spectro

So I checked today and the APH rates are available for Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls, but not RPR, HRH or Portofino for our dates. Do they normally release APH rates for different resort levels at different times ?

Furiated and Rob562 like this.
  10. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Gah! Only out through Oct 31 check-in. Ten days too early for my trip. Ah well, I'll keep an eye out.

-Rob

11. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen any APH hotel discounts at all? They were available for some dates, but not others. Now I can't find any APH discounts at any hotel for any date.

Surely every APH discount slot at every hotel can't be booked, can it?

-Rob

12. Spectro

They have removed the aph rates for the value resorts since I posted this. The current APH discounts are for stays up until 12th august according to the universal annual pass perk section of the website.

13. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Actually, I was just about to come back and amend my previous post.

I'd been checking for the APH rates directly on the Loews hotels site, since it seems to be a bit more stable than the Universal site. I'd gotten the APH rates on there before by using the Promotion code field, but not anymore.

However I was just able to go in through the Passholder part of the Universal site as you mentioned, and see discounts which despite not being listed, are still available through Oct 31. (I'm thinking because they're trying to push the most current discount to fill rooms)

-Rob

14. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

I was just looking up APH rates for 10 days from now and there was plenty of rooms available and different types of rooms. I thought it was a little odd but this is my first stay at Universal so ?????