September Magic Kingdom Hours Updated

Rumrunner

:cautious:
When did I mention your family? Its simple, get up early to make use of the day (if you are able to course) or you will lose out on the day.
Do you think I come without my family? I will make it simpler for you-Disney raises ticket prices 9% for next year and closes the park too early for summer months. I really don't need advice when I should get up and how to make use of my day.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Do you think I come without my family? I will make it simpler for you-Disney raises ticket prices 9% for next year and closes the park too early for summer months. I really don't need advice when I should get up and how to make use of my day.
My advice to you is get up early or don't complain, because complaining gets you nowhere. If you want to make a statement, decide to take your vacation dollars elsewhere. We have reduced our trips and take them less frequently because of many factors that have changed in Disney that we aren't fans of. Getting one less hour a day is not one of those...

Upvote 0

Rumrunner

My advice to you is get up early or don't complain, because complaining gets you nowhere. If you want to make a statement, decide to take your vacation dollars elsewhere. We have reduced our trips and take them less frequently because of many factors that have changed in Disney that we aren't fans of. Getting one less hour a day is not one of those...
I have every right to complain and don't need hour advice on anything. I haven't ask for your advice and if you don't like my complaints then pass over my post and move on if you can, which I doubt.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I started this thread sir, so yes I don't think I will be moving on... I have also noticed your posts (in the same annoying vein) in other threads as well. Complain away, let me know how that works out for you...

Upvote 0

Rumrunner

I started this thread sir, so yes I don't think I will be moving on... I have also noticed your posts (in the same annoying vein) in other threads as well. Complain away, let me know how that works out for you...
Glad to know we have such an expert of how everyone else should plan their day. Just because you started a thread doesn't mean you get to give out advice-esp unsolicited advice I see you just can't let it go. Thanks for your expert advice on my Disney vacation.

Upvote 0

BLY

I have been coming for 20 years and often in the summer, we have found the hours to be very short this summer compared to other years. In the past we have enjoyed many an evening in Magic, this year it's all a bit manic at the end of the day because so many people are leaving at the same time. I m up at 4.45am for work so on vacation I do not really want to be getting up super early to get to park opening, now my children are a bit older its nice not to rush in the mornings - that happens enough at home!

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
For us it is a 1200 mile trip so we don't get to come that often. 10 seems early for MK to shut down esp in the summer when it is just starting to cool down at that time. We are not much for getting up early for rope drop- it is vacation time. I understand 10 is fine with some people but in all the years I have come to Disney the closing time for MK has never been 10 in the summer-more like 11 or 12. Now we all will pile out and attempt to get on the resort buses and most likely will be standing in bus line until 11 or later. Bad business decision on Disney's part.
I believe this is where it got hostile, for what reason, I don't really know :confused:

Upvote 0

crxbrett

To each their own, rope drop is a must for us unless we don't need a full day at a particular park. 12 hours in a park for a full day is acceptable for me. I certainly remember the days of the 3AM closings and those were fun but if you aren't willing to get up early, unfortunately then that will reduce the amount of time you have. Its a vacation for us too, but that is why you build in a day or two for just hanging at the pool and sleeping in.

That is true. But I think what I enjoyed about the very late night EMH closures was that they gave me more options with my time. I could choose to sleep in all morning and enjoy more pool time or exploring resorts and then could take my time getting to the parks around 7 or 8pm and still have 4-7 hours to spend at a park. Or sometimes I got up early for rope drop and then retreated to the hotel once the crowds got bad around 1pish and relaxed until about 8 or 9pm to head back to the parks. I think the other big drawback to earlier closures is that it forces me to eat early dinners and eat into more of my park time. When the parks close at midnight or later, I would eat dinner at 8 or 9p.

But I am adjusting my plans accordingly this year with the earlier closings. This summer seemed to be more crowded than the last 2 years, so hopefully Disney took notice and will go back to more EMH hours and extended normal hours next year. Of course, the key word is HOPEFULLY lol

Upvote 0

Allym146

That is true. But I think what I enjoyed about the very late night EMH closures was that they gave me more options with my time. I could choose to sleep in all morning and enjoy more pool time or exploring resorts and then could take my time getting to the parks around 7 or 8pm and still have 4-7 hours to spend at a park. Or sometimes I got up early for rope drop and then retreated to the hotel once the crowds got bad around 1pish and relaxed until about 8 or 9pm to head back to the parks. I think the other big drawback to earlier closures is that it forces me to eat early dinners and eat into more of my park time. When the parks close at midnight or later, I would eat dinner at 8 or 9p.

But I am adjusting my plans accordingly this year with the earlier closings. This summer seemed to be more crowded than the last 2 years, so hopefully Disney took notice and will go back to more EMH hours and extended normal hours next year. Of course, the key word is HOPEFULLY lol

I agree with all of this. The only reason I'm meh about the early hours this year is because I'm going with my 2 young nieces. When it's my husband and I we much prefer the late hours!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom