September Magic Kingdom Hours Updated

Uncle Lupe

That explains why I had an alert that my closing FP was no longer available and had been rebooked. Went from 8:10 pm to 9:00 pm now it shows 8:10 pm to 9:10 pm.

Upvote 0

Rumrunner

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that some of the September Magic Kingdom hours have been increased from the posted 9PM closing to 10PM (Weekday non-Halloween party dates) and 11PM (Saturday Nights) on some select dates
Those closing hours for MK should be 11 or 12. It would be great for the patrons that spend tons of money for a Disney vacation. Wonder if that makes any difference to the Disney management.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Those closing hours for MK should be 11 or 12. It would be great for the patrons that spend tons of money for a Disney vacation. Wonder if that makes any difference to the Disney management.
While I'd love an extra hour, 10PM is reasonable to me, extending it to 11PM isn't really a big deal to me or necessary.

Upvote 0

Rumrunner

While I'd love an extra hour, 10PM is reasonable to me, extending it to 11PM isn't really a big deal to me or necessary.
For us it is a 1200 mile trip so we don't get to come that often. 10 seems early for MK to shut down esp in the summer when it is just starting to cool down at that time. We are not much for getting up early for rope drop- it is vacation time. I understand 10 is fine with some people but in all the years I have come to Disney the closing time for MK has never been 10 in the summer-more like 11 or 12. Now we all will pile out and attempt to get on the resort buses and most likely will be standing in bus line until 11 or later. Bad business decision on Disney's part.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
For us it is a 1200 mile trip so we don't get to come that often. 10 seems early for MK to shut down esp in the summer when it is just starting to cool down at that time. We are not much for getting up early for rope drop- it is vacation time. I understand 10 is fine with some people but in all the years I have come to Disney the closing time for MK has never been 10 in the summer-more like 11 or 12. Now we all will pile out and attempt to get on the resort buses and most likely will be standing in bus line until 11 or later. Bad business decision on Disney's part.
To each their own, rope drop is a must for us unless we don't need a full day at a particular park. 12 hours in a park for a full day is acceptable for me. I certainly remember the days of the 3AM closings and those were fun but if you aren't willing to get up early, unfortunately then that will reduce the amount of time you have. Its a vacation for us too, but that is why you build in a day or two for just hanging at the pool and sleeping in.

Upvote 0

Rumrunner

To each their own, rope drop is a must for us unless we don't need a full day at a particular park. 12 hours in a park for a full day is acceptable for me. I certainly remember the days of the 3AM closings and those were fun but if you aren't willing to get up early, unfortunately then that will reduce the amount of time you have. Its a vacation for us too, but that is why you build in a day or two for just hanging at the pool and sleeping in.
You really are an expert at what is best for me and my family.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom