Selling the Ducks

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
I heard this on the radio this morning, but didn't hear the whole story (isn't it always that way??)

Disney is selling (or considering selling) the Angels and the Ducks.

I'm all for anything that gives Disney an infusion of cash that can be spent on sprucing up the parks and hotels.

Has anyone heard any more about this?

Toonfinder

For many years Disney has been looking at different ways to offload the Mighty Ducks and the Angeles from being one of their liabilites... and every year the media does various pieces on the fact that they are in talks with various potential buyers. So far nothing...
And once again, the story of the Angeles being sold off to some guy is making the news... but I'll believe it when the ink is dried on the signatures required to finish the deal.
And the Ducks... as much as I'd hate to see this team get sold off, I think Disney isn't one of the better owners of a hockey team. You have to love the sport enough to support and nurture it no matter what... and unfortunately they have been unnurtured ever since they lost Ron Wilson to the Washington Capitals (ok, he was fired after they lost to Detroit in 199?... I want to say 97, but I think that's wrong for some reason)... and one of my favorite coaches is no longer with the Caps anymore :(

Anyway, I'll still support both teams as long as they are in my hometown... but if they move they have lost at least one supporter.

mocfan

When we were in Orlando last week. we heard the same thing on CNN. They said somehting about Disney woulnd't sell the teams unless the owners agreed to keep them in Anaheim for a certain amount of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom