Seems a possible 2nd DCL island is more then a umour!

EOD K9

It doesn't seem too far from Castaway Cay either. I'd be interested to see how they would make it different and how they run itineraries. They also mentioned a "cruise ship terminal". To me, that sounds like what we would find at Port Canaveral. Is this being blown out of proportion? If it merely a stop like CC, would there be a need for a terminal?

Tonka's Skipper

Original Poster
The only thing I can think of in answer to your question is that when the writer of the article said *cruise ship terminal*, they meant a slip and dock like CC.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
The only thing I can think of in answer to your question is that when the writer of the article said *cruise ship terminal*, they meant a slip and dock like CC.

I am going with this. Most people don't realize a terminal is like what cargo vessels dock at. Nothing more than a large parking lot with trains and cranes.

epcotisbest

It doesn't seem too far from Castaway Cay either. I'd be interested to see how they would make it different and how they run itineraries. They also mentioned a "cruise ship terminal". To me, that sounds like what we would find at Port Canaveral. Is this being blown out of proportion? If it merely a stop like CC, would there be a need for a terminal?
Yeah, I'm gonna guess they are referring to docking access like at Castaway Cay as opposed to tendering like at Coco Cay.

Last edited:

Tonka's Skipper

Original Poster
Well as usual, everything has changed. Disney has announced that they are NOT going to try and develop Egg Island. It seems after surveying and inspecting the land and reef/waterfront, it will not hold the plans Disney had in mind.

The environmental group is of course very happy and thanked Disney for seeing that the island was not suitable.

EOD K9

Well as usual, everything has changed. Disney has announced that they are NOT going to try and develop Egg Island. It seems after surveying and inspecting the land and reef/waterfront, it will not hold the plans Disney had in mind.

The environmental group is of course very happy and thanked Disney for seeing that the island was not suitable.
Interesting. Although it doesn't mean that they won't try to find another suitable island.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom