Securing a room with DVC

ThrillShow03

Original Poster
I am looking at buying into DVC at Animal Kingdom Lodge and was wondering if anyone has difficulty securing rooms with their points? Our preferences will probably be club level, or savanna view. Room size will vary on if any family is going with us.
Also, if my use year is December can I pre-use my points by booking a stay in December of that year?

Thanks for any info

ParentsOf4

Congratulations with your upcoming DVC purchase.

Savanna View rooms are reasonably easy to book even for non-AKV owners.

AKV Club Level rooms are extremely difficult to book. There are only a few and they go quickly. They pretty much have to be booked right at the 11-month window. For example, I could not find any Studio availability for the months of November, December, or January, and 1-Bedroom Villa availability beginning only on January 1.

Point usage gets complicated because of "banking" and "borrowing", but let's set this aside for a moment to answer your question:

"Also, if my use year is December can I pre-use my points by booking a stay in December of that year?"​

December can be confusing to explain because your "December 2015" points are your points for 1 month in 2015 and 11 months in 2016. You can use your "December 2015" points to book a December 2015 vacation.

Returning to "banking", you could bank your "December 2014" points and book a December 2015 vacation.

Alternatively, you could "borrow" your "December 2016" points and book a December 2015 vacation.

Hope that helps. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom