Secret quiet spots

raven

Original Poster
Don't know if there was a thread on this yet or not but I just wanted to share some of my favorite "secret" quiet spots around the property.

Magic Kingdom: 1) Tom Sawyer Island. As you walk across the bride to the second island take a left before you enter the fort. Follow the path to a quiet bench overlooking the river and a nice view of BTTR. 2) Castle Well. To the east of the Castle is a walkway over to Tomorrowland. Halfway down the path is a quiet little Well looking over the water.

EPCOT: 1) The back areas in the Morroco Pavillion. 2) The small walkway from the Imagination building to the World Showcase. There are many flowers along this route. 3) The little sweet shop (not sure of the name) overlooking the fountain in Future World. This is a great area at night to sit and watch the fountain show.

AK: 1) Any place along one of the exibit trails. As much as I love this park, the follage keeps any breeze from blowing. It is hot most of the year.

MGM: Haven't really found one yet. :animwink:

Feel free to share yours as well.

SnowWhite5669

My fav quiet places:

MK- The wishing well is front of the castle on the walkway going towards Tomorrowland.

MGM- The coffee shop attached to Sci-Fi in the morning there is no one there and you can have a relaxing cup of Joe and a muffin.

Pleasure Island- the benches behind the Adventurer's Club and the area where you get off the boat from POR in back of Bongos.

Downtown Disney- the area along the water in back of Wetzles Pretzles. (Romantic and where my husband proposed!!)

Boardwalk- the beach under the slide at Beachclub!!

;)

General Grizz

My favorite quiet spots:

MK: Buzz Lightyear Queue
EPCOT: Test Track Gift Shop
MGM: RnRC exterior
AK: Dinosaur Hub

:lookaroun

Let's rework this:

MK: Gardens on the side of Main Street, USA
Main Street Train Station
In the nooks of Liberty Square
Fantasy Grove in Fantasyland

EPCOT: Between the Living Seas in the Land (before Nemo)
Wonders of Life exterior
France (back side)
Canada Rose Garden

BRER STITCH

First of all.....Any chance publicizing "quiet"places will turn them into "loud"places??? :lol:

Two places I really like to sit and relax for a minute or two are:

1) MK: The area to the left of the bridge leading from the frontof the Castle to Liberty Square area. There's a quiet tree-lined path leading behind the shops with some benches to sit on. Get an ice cream or a drink and re-invigorate yourself in the shade!

2) EPCOT: Ever been inside the Olde Stave Church in Norway? What a calming effect that place has you! It's cool, quiet, informative, and very.....ummm......"church-like"!

After a few minutes in either of these places, I feel refreshed and ready to take on the rest of the day!

:sohappy:

luvorlando

MK: The theater inside Exposition Hall, Tom Sawyers Island, and any of the benches along the walkway between Space Mountain and ToonTown.

Epcot: The garden of England's pavillion when no characters are there, Japan's museum.

AK: Many areas of the Oasis, a table along the water behind Flame Tree BBQ.

MGM: Inside the counter service eateries at non-peak meal times.

raven

Original Poster
Originally posted by BRER STITCH
EPCOT: Ever been inside the Olde Stave Church in Norway? What a calming effect that place has you! It's cool, quiet, informative, and very.....ummm......"church-like"!

I never knew you could go in there. Well then this post is good to share things like this then.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by raven
I never knew you could go in there. Well then this post is good to share things like this then.

Yes, and the smell of fresh wood fills the air :D

(Inside the Stave Church is...a miniature model of....a....Stave Church...(I wonder if there is a miniature model of YOU looking at a miniature model of a Stave Church in that miniature model of the Stave Church))

foxfire

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
My fav quiet places:

Downtown Disney- the area along the water in back of Wetzles Pretzles. (Romantic and where my husband proposed!!)

;)

Funny you should mention that, I wrote a screenplay a while back and that's where the main char. proposes to his gf.

Some of my favorite quiet spots:

MK - By the old bank bldg. on M.S. USA

Epcot - Down by the water in Japan (well, as close as you can get to it); and the benches by Universe of Energy.

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
(Inside the Stave Church is...a miniature model of....a....Stave Church...(I wonder if there is a miniature model of YOU looking at a miniature model of a Stave Church in that miniature model of the Stave Church))

YIKES!!!!!!!!!
As long as I don't turn andlook back at myself!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lookaroun

raven

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Yes, and the smell of fresh wood fills the air :D

Thats good! The original Stave churches smell like tar because of the roofs and they are horrible. At least Disney didn't add this effect to this quiet spot. Thank god!

chrisjoi

Quiet Spots

If you have small children the Baby Stations in the Parks are wonderful. There are play areas with toys and Disney movies on Video, for the smaller tots there are changing tables and supplies for changing the babies. And for the adults there are clean, private bathrooms that you can use while the Cast Member watches your kids. Best thing of all.... IT IS ALL FREE! We have used the stations quiet a bit and never had to pay for a diaper or baby wipe or anything. I really think that it is the best kept secret in the park...

MouseMadness

*makes plans to visit all said quiet places with my 4 kids*

Why are you all grabbing pitchforks and lanterns?? :lookaroun

:p :lol:

StevenT

MK: Tom Sawyer Island is the best place to relax. Stop by Aunt Polly's and get a big root beer float and enjoy the island.

MGM: Millionaire. It lets you get inside and enjoy a show :D

Epcot: Pretty much anywhere in the World Showcase

Downtown: Along the waterfront on the west side next to Bongo's

and best of all, your own hotel room :)

raven

Original Poster
Originally posted by MouseMadness
*makes plans to visit all said quiet places with my 4 kids*

Why are you all grabbing pitchforks and lanterns?? :lookaroun

:p :lol:

Your kids had better be over 12 years old! :D :lol: :animwink:

MouseMadness

Originally posted by raven
Your kids had better be over 12 years old! :D :lol: :animwink:

Let's see, they'll be 9, 6, 4, and 2 :eek: at our next trip! :lookaroun So see you all in your quiet places! :wave:

:lol:

I'm not that cruel. ;)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
MGM- The coffee shop attached to Sci-Fi in the morning there is no one there and you can have a relaxing cup of Joe and a muffin.

Yes!!! The Writers Stop has to be one of my fav places! :sohappy:

The Day I go to MGM, as soon as I get in the park/the park opens... I go back there... get my coffee and muffin.. sit in one of the nice comfy chairs... relax and people watch and enjoy the music.

I have the place all to myself! Good times. :)

madalex

My favorite quiet spot is outside the International Gateway entrance to Epcot - on the way to the Epcot resorts, you can go up a hill and take a bridge to the Boardwalk or go straight to Yacht/Beach. However, there is also a walkway that goes underneath that bridge. Whenever I go from Yacht Club to Epcot or back, I love taking that walkway, which rarely seems to be used (however, I don't recall if there are any benches to sit and relax on there).

Kopp8699

personally i enjoy:

MK: the TTA and WDW railroad, so relaxin
Epcot: Just about newhere in WS, that or ice station cool (its cool, gets u outta the heat but not really a "quiet" spot
MGM: i always enjoyed relaxin on the backlot tour
AK: the benches.... i donno lol i just need 2 sit @ times and im not the biggest fan of AK so i dont usually go there 4 long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom