Secret Life of Pets ride (rumor)

JT3000

Well, according to a post from @Quinnmac000 over on OU this has been cancelled in Orlando in favor of SING. I'll let him come here himself. In the meantime...
farmer-bean-tableflip-o.gif

Still coming to Hollywood.

SING?

JT3000

I just read the thread on OU. He appears to be making a prediction based solely on the film's early reviews, not a declaration based on any sort of inside info.

If theme park attractions were decided based on reviews, we'd have a Citizen Kane ride. ;)

Mike S

Original Poster
I just read the thread on OU. He appears to be making a prediction based solely on the film's early reviews, not a declaration based on any sort of inside info.

If theme park attractions were decided based on reviews, we'd have a Citizen Kane ride. ;)
I drew my conclusion that he had info by gauging the reaction of other posters in the thread. Good way to know who the established insiders are.

Quinnmac000

This is also for you @Mike S
No, this rumour came around based on a decision that was had with Ron Meyer and Meledandri immediately after the screening of SING yesterday. Ron and Meledandri see money maker. A someone dear to me who were there and had the conversations with them also saw the film loved it and asked about plans. They are happy that this film most likely would give them into the awards scene especially in the best song and best animated picture and they really want to synergize the property as its an easy tie-in all across NBCUniversal especially the parks and tie in for the Voice and America's Got Talent. I personally wasn't there but I'm sure my source wouldn't lie to me for Sing coming to the parks. As to what method or format, my PERSONAL opinion is show but that I have no idea about. I've been told multiple times, that Universal more so Meledandri want SING to be bigger than the minions.

As for SLOP, how they choose and put in attractions is changing. Just like how Hollywood got Kong, Transformers, Fast and Furious and now SLOP first. Orlando got Potter, Simpsons and Minions before them. They are trying to diversify their parks and at the same time, they still have space concerns and concept concerns. Rather than clone and put the same rides in every park at the same time, put it in one park fix the problems add something extra to make it unique and let people enjoy. Thats why I said cancelled for Florida as it may not come anytime soon for anyone to even get excited about and instead we actually get something else.

The tweets there were used just to show that hey the film is marketable and people see it as a money maker as the trailer reactions at least from most people on OU and here were meh whereas others are very much excited.

I think this statement says its best by someone who was there (not a critic not the press).

"On Sunday, I attended the afternoon premiere of Sing at the Princess of Wales Theatre. I mention this because this is the perfect environment to watch Sing. The last 30 minutes of Sing is basically an animated rock concert and is the best 30 minutes Illumination has ever produced. It’s a legitimate showstopper, and the audience was into it, breaking out in applause at the end of every performance. It was a fun environment and a fun experience. I cannot guarantee that you will have a similar environment, but if you decide to see Sing (if you have children, you probably will have no choice), see this with a large crowd. Those last 30 minutes are a hoot."

Last edited:

JT3000

As for SLOP, how they choose and put in attractions is changing. Just like how Hollywood got Kong, Transformers, Fast and Furious and now SLOP first. Orlando got Potter, Simpsons and Minions before them. They are trying to diversify their parks and at the same time, they still have space concerns and concept concerns. Rather than clone and put the same rides in every park at the same time, put it in one park fix the problems add something extra to make it unique and let people enjoy. Thats why I said cancelled for Florida as it may not come anytime soon for anyone to even get excited about and instead we actually get something else.

But did someone at Universal actually say SLOP was cancelled? Because it still sounds like you're making a prediction with the way you've worded it.

As for Universal changing how they add attractions, I'll believe that when I see it. They don't usually add the same attraction on both coasts at the exact same time, but as we've all seen countless times, nearly everything gets cloned eventually.

AnthHoggard

Any news on this project or has it been cancelled?

Remember we had quotes before the film was released that they were going to build an attraction at Universal for this.

Now nothing.

Cmdr_Crimson

Any news on this project or has it been cancelled?

Remember we had quotes before the film was released that they were going to build an attraction at Universal for this.

Now nothing.

I think the first step in this is the brand new float that was introduced in the Superstar parade on the studio side. Other than that they've been selling merchandise left and right throughout the resort.

AnthHoggard

Was the film a massive success?

It didn't garner great reviews, or leave a legacy in the way Toy Story, Shrek, Finding Nemo did .... it made 100 million than Finding Doreen too.

dennis-in-ct

I was wondering if this ride was coming to Orlando so after searching the boards, I found this thread. Does anyone know the CA opening date? And I wonder if they will find room for this ride in the new Universal park, if not the existing Orlando studios. The ride looks like it will be really cute!

BubbaQuest

I was wondering if this ride was coming to Orlando so after searching the boards, I found this thread. Does anyone know the CA opening date? And I wonder if they will find room for this ride in the new Universal park, if not the existing Orlando studios. The ride looks like it will be really cute!

I think all Uni announced for USH/CA is a "Spring 2020" opening date. I believe the outside painting is done so they are probably getting close.

The Grand Inquisitor

I bet it could replace Shrek 4D. Universal doesn't have any attraction lined up for 2022. So maybe they can replace Shrek with Pets. That means once Bourne is all good to go they would have to demo the Shrek building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom