Secret Life of Pets ride (rumor)

Mike S

Original Poster
I've been given the ok from a poster who PM'd this to me over on Orlando United to post it over here. You asked me about this in the Nintendo thread @IDInstitute but I thought I'd make a new one. The name of a poster edited out, of course. Also some edits to spacing and such to make it look nice.
??? posted the SLOP blue prints that a few of us have seen in the past. He acted like he was the only one that had it. Typical ???, with his overinflated miserable ego. Anyway, I don't have it to send but I did take notes when I saw it months ago. Original plans had AAs in all the scenes.

Trackless vehicles, load
Scene 1: Katie's apartment
Scene 2: Terrace
Scene 3: Roundabout
Scene 4: Cat
Scene 5: Sewers
Scene 6A and 6B: Flushed Pets Lair
Scene 7A: Rescue Norman Scene
7B: Transition area
Scene 8: Reunited
Scene 9: Celebration
Unload

Also: Ride on second floor. The first floor will consist of the attraction's queue. It will also include a restaurant & retail space. The queue will consist of a lobby, security/hallway, evidence of pets etc., Gidget's apartment, courtyard, Penny's Room, a pre show with more than a few AAs, and the pre load area. You'll go upstairs to load and the load area will have huge massive windows overlooking NYC. Hopefully, Thierry Coup, now in charge, won't screw it up and cut AAs to add screens. We often get info from top insiders, but we're not permitted to post the info because it will compromise their sources. So sometimes I play dumb, even though I know the info, just to keep the sources safe. Have a great day.
Coming in 2018/19

Discuss.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Interesting! I know it's still far out time wise, but right now that does sound like a promising family addition. This is Islands of Adventure, correct?

culturenthrills

well, if it is 2018 I think we would see work starting after the first of the year. I would hope they would fast track this after the huge hit the movie was and with F&F being delayed(and probably being a giant dumpster fire) and I hope Thierry "Screenz" Coup doesn't screw this one up.

Princess Leia

While I wasn't a huge fan of the movie (it was basically Toy Story with pets, and even though I love TS, I was hoping for something a little more original; also no offense to Kevin Hart fans, but I could not stand that rabbit)... this looks like it could be a decent ride. Thanks for sharing!

champdisney

I like this, a lot. Will the attraction and retail/dinning area be a part of Toon Lagoon or will this be like what Kong is to Jurassic Park? If it is a part of Toon Lagoon, anyone think this is just the beginning of phasing out the classic comic and Jay Ward characters to modern cartoons?

Matt7187

I personally don't like the location, but the ride sounds pretty fun! Would this be too big to fit in the footprint that Shrek takes up? I feel like that would be a better fit IMO.

Mike S

Original Poster
I like this, a lot. Will the attraction and retail/dinning area be a part of Toon Lagoon or will this be like what Kong is to Jurassic Park? If it is a part of Toon Lagoon, anyone think this is just the beginning of phasing out the classic comic and Jay Ward characters to modern cartoons?
It could very well be part of Toon Lagoon but anything beyond that would just be speculation.
I personally don't like the location, but the ride sounds pretty fun! Would this be too big to fit in the footprint that Shrek takes up? I feel like that would be a better fit IMO.
I would agree but the Toon Lagoon theater is currently unused dead space while Shrek, believe it or not, still brings people in. IoA could also use all the indoor rides it could get for whenever it storms.

Matt7187

I would agree but the Toon Lagoon theater is currently unused dead space while Shrek, believe it or not, still brings people in. IoA could also use all the indoor rides it could get for whenever it storms.
I personally enjoy Shrek, but I just really don't like the fit in Toon Lagoon, as SLoP is supposed to be in the real world, and almost none of IoA takes place in the "real world" while there is a lot more like that in USO.

JT3000

With the acquisition of Dreamworks Animation and its subsidiaries, Universal is now the owner of the Jay Ward Productions catalog. I would think they're more likely to try making those characters relevant again rather than phasing them out (let's just pretend their first attempt starring Brendan Fraser doesn't exist. It's better that way.)

That said, I do worry about Toon Lagoon having a somewhat jumbled identity once this opens. While SLOP is technically a "toon," it's arguably too modern to fit in with the land's current content.

Last edited:

champdisney

I think the placement is genius. Spiderman is right by the theater. Spiderman takes place in a comic book version of New York City just as well as Secret Life's take on the city. If I were Universal Creative, I would do something slick with the design where you mesh in Spidey's NYC with Secret Life's NYC. In this way both lands can connect by being transported from one islands NYC to the other.

Mike S

Original Poster
I think the placement is genius. Spiderman is right by the theater. Spiderman takes place in a comic book version of New York City just as well as Secret Life's take on the city. If I were Universal Creative, I would do something slick with the design where you mesh in Spidey's NYC with Secret Life's NYC. In this way both lands can connect by being transported from one islands NYC to the other.
Marvel Island does seem to abruptly end before you get to the theater and there's more after Spidey that doesn't really scream NYC.

Who knows, maybe an exterior makeover is in the works if the new Hulk is any hint.

BrerJon

It sounds like a nice addition. I thought the movie was dreadful, but I can see the ride being quite fun, on a Cat In The Hat kind of level.

Thanks for sharing!

clemmo

If the restaurant is TS this could be a nice sized mini land possibly kind of like Rat at DLP. Overall though sounds like a fun ride, love that uni is going to dark rides with AA's now!

No Name

Sounds a lot, a lot like Ratatouille.

But nonetheless sounds like a good ride and good addition. I have never seen the movie so I can't say much more.

Mike S

Original Poster
They could have also done this right next to MIB Alien Attack with the NY World Fair theme it would have worked next door to the big vacant space that sits where the coke kiosk is.
Apparently Universal needs that space empty for HHN and other stuff. I've asked before.

Mike S

Original Poster
Well, according to a post from @Quinnmac000 over on OU this has been cancelled in Orlando in favor of SING. I'll let him come here himself. In the meantime...
farmer-bean-tableflip-o.gif

Still coming to Hollywood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom