Secret Life of Pets ride in 2017?

danpam1024

Universal recently filed for trademark use of The Secret Life of Pets in the parks. A credible source is saying a trackless dark ride with AAs (and no screens) will open at both IOA and USH in 2017. Replacing the Toon Lagoon theater.

Source
I always wonder why they don't use the theater for something new. The movie previews look good, and IMO, if done right, you can't go wrong with fuzzy kids :) I have been going to USF and IOA since they opened and I can't, for the life of me remember what was in that theater?!?!?

JoeCamel

I always wonder why they don't use the theater for something new. The movie previews look good, and IMO, if done right, you can't go wrong with fuzzy kids :) I have been going to USF and IOA since they opened and I can't, for the life of me remember what was in that theater?!?!?

As Disneyhead71 posted the BMX show was about 5 - 6 years ago and the HP celebration panels were the last thing. They have a cheerleading competition as well but that is it. Special events and dead space.

AJO

Is this ride pretty solidly confirmed then? I was hoping they were looking at the Walking Dead shooter that was exhibited at IAAPA this year for that space. It could work as Kong-esque mini land, and kind of fits with the whole literature theme of IOA (the tv series is based off of a graphic novel series). It's also the most popular show on television right now, and even if the show eventually fizzles I think shooting zombies would never not be fun. They also are obviously friendly with the IP since it's been featured in HHN several times. Just seems weird to me to pass on a massively popular IP that would fit with the park and is popular with fans to go with one that has undetermined appeal and doesn't really fit that well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom