second cruise, what did you do better/different

mikewdw

Original Poster
any tips or things you did different, better, or changed on your second cruise? we went on first last june (Fantasy, 7 days) and are planning on Fantasy again next June? any info as to things to do better?
mikewdw

PolynesianPrincess

With our first cruise, I was lucky enough to be traveling with some experienced cruisers. Without them I would've been lost! We wanted to do EVERYTHING they offered but we knew that wasn't possible so on our second cruise, we chose the things we REALLY wanted to see and do and made those priorities. We also had dinner at Palo on the second cruise, which we didn't on the first. BIG MISTAKE skipping it the first go round! It was so good! We're crusing again next month and have a dinner at Palo and we've also added Palo brunch because we've heard that is wonderful as well.

PensFan

We switched to the late dinner seating. Absolutely hated main seating on our first cruise and had no clue we could have changed it once on board. We also didn't realize in our last THREE crusies that the treats in the Cove Cafe were included in the cruise fare - we're slow learners! We will make sure and take advantage of that next time. I also worried less about what to wear for dinner. While we do dress it up a bit on formal night - jacket for hubbie, nice shirt and pants for my son, I no longer worry about what others are or aren't wearing. You see a little bit of everything, and they are all having fun!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
We did not stop to eat before getting on the ship. Did not think the first thing you would do on board was hit the buffet. Also pack less, but still over packed for the trip.

Sans Souci

I finally realized there was a buffet after the Pirate fireworks.

I finally tried Palo brunch and it is a must-do for me from here on out.

It is a new mandate in my house to have dinner at Remy whenever we are on a ship with one on it.

atrus79

We are going on our second cruise in May ... but this is our list so far :)

- Booked a room on the starboard side, so we can see the fireworks from our Verandah (with a little one, he was out at 10:45 so we missed them this past trip).
- Have dinner at Remy ... We only had Palo on the last trip and while we loved it (and will do it again), Remy is a must next trip.
- Pack Less ... we ended up wearing the same things during the day ... a bathing suit and a T-shirt ... plus we did laundry, so we had plenty of clothes! Never needed those Khaki shorts or summer dresses ;)
- Do additional tasting classes! Mixology was awesome ... we regretted not doing any of the other classes as well

EOD K9

Our first cruise was a 4 night on the Dream, the second was 3 nights on the Dream. We skipped all the shows as we had seen them and instead went to the trivia nights, Match your Mate, and skipped Nassau. We also hit Palo. We packed less and used the laundry.

tink66

Room service!! We did all the Mdr's our first cruise but last trip we enjoyed relaxing on the balcony and eating room service a couple nights. :) Going on our third cruise and plan to pack less. Also bringing pirate attire for pirate night and tryout the pirate night buffet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom