SEC Championship

dagwoodZZ

Original Poster
We shove off the same night as the SEC Championship. Fantasy has a sports bar, can I expect it to be pretty crowded? Or am I the only one interested in this games? Any hints for getting good seats for sport events? Get there early or is there an alternative location to watch the game without the crowd? comments appreciated.

sweetpee_1993

If there's a big championship type game it's sometimes shown on the Funnelvision. Check your Navigator or with Guest Services. Also, if a venue fills, Disney is pretty good with opening additional spaces/venues. No matter what, you won't miss it. ;)

MaryJaneP

It would probably also air on a channel available on your stateroom TV, but if you want a crowd, I would hope they can air it in a space or spaces that fit the size of the audience. We noticed the sports pubs on board were small and got packed pretty quickly with people that never vacated. They were on vacation too. Early may be your only friend here. I have yet to observe the funnel-vision air anything other than Disney fare, but others (i.e. DisneyFalcon, Sweetpee, etc) may have different experiences, and I would trust their word.

rick3236

They always show Monday Night Football on Funnelvision, and two years ago we were on a cruise during the National Championship game and they showed that on Funnelvision. It was a lot of fun!! Rick

Disneyfalcon

Sports on Funnelvision are super fun. I've also watched Sunday afternoon football in the sports bar (no idea what came over me) and the atmosphere was great.

Only people watching the SEC championship? No way! :)

ChuckElias

You want a GREAT atmosphere?? World Cup games in Diversions. HUGE crowds, loud, exciting. It was awesome.

Sorry to the Alabama fans out there, but that was an amazing finish!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom