Seaworld's next attraction after Antartica?

djlaosc

Saw this on the OPTN website today talking about a new rumor discussing the possibility of a new nighttime show for Seaworld Orlando:
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013/04/rumor-new-nighttime-show-for-seaworld.html

I really hope that they don't get rid of Reflections!

We saw it in September 2011, and it was a nice surprise - it was a really nice show (not as big a spectacular as WDW Firework shows, but it was a nice thing to watch at the end of the night - after Sea Lion's Tonight and Shamu Rocks)

We weren't fans of Shamu Rocks (or One Ocean), but if they want to add pyrotechnics to that show, fine, but keep Reflections!

Thrill Seeker

That was Busch's excuse for closing Akbars Adventure Tours...supposedly the simulator couldn't handle it.

My opinion? They just didn't want to spend the money on upgrading a simulator.

I truly hope they update Wild Arctic. It's a ride so many more people can enjoy unlike Manta or Kraken. Sea World needs more family rides.
That's BS considering Star Tours at DHS uses the same simulators from the original, which opened in 1989. Wild Arctic's simulators are about as old.

Thrill Seeker

I think just the ride section of Wild Arctic will be replaced/upgraded. I really don't see them tearing down the entire attraction or re-doing the animal areas, it would be way too expensive.

I think they should do a hotel, especially since there are three parks now and they are all in the same area.
There was talk at one point of possibly separating the animal exhibits from the ride so you can retheme the ride without changing the animal exhibits.

drew81

Original Poster
Hearing a big announcment for the big three SEAS parks is on the horizon.

Interesting. If I can track down Brian Morrow on May 24th I'm going to ask him about the new attraction coming and see if he'll say anything. It's doubtful he will, but I will give it a shot.

ISTCrew20

Interesting. If I can track down Brian Morrow on May 24th I'm going to ask him about the new attraction coming and see if he'll say anything. It's doubtful he will, but I will give it a shot.

Ask him about the TurtleTrek CD release, too. Have been waiting a year since he confirmed there would be one.

drew81

Original Poster
I think something else is coming but I'm not sure if it will be announced right now.

Just a hunch, so who knows.

djlaosc

I think something else is coming but I'm not sure if it will be announced right now.

Just a hunch, so who knows.

I don't know whether it would be a good thing to announce something new now to try to get people to forget the disappointment of Antarctica, or whether because of the disappointment of Antarctica, whatever is announced will not be looked on as good (Well, Antarctica looked like a good ride, but...., so I'm not going to get excited about that) [Note - I have not experienced Antarctica, so I cannot say whether I find it to be disappointing - only that lots of other people have found it disappointing]

Are you thinking...

1. Terrace Garden Buffet replacement ride/attraction/exhibit?
  2. A'Lure replacement - Madagascar?
  3. Clyde and Seamore take Pirate Island replacement - Clyde and Seamore go to Mars?
  4. Reflections removal - fireworks added to Shamu Rocks?
  5. Wild Arctic replacement?
  6. Improvements to Antarctica (don't know whether it's an actual rumour, but I don't think they would ever announce it - it would just appear gradually over time, just like what has apparently happened to TurtleTrek)
  7. Something else?
They seem to be the most recent rumours (although Wild Arctic is a couple of years old now)

I would gladly take 1 or 2 (although I don't think that Madagascar would be a show that fits SeaWorld very well, but then again, how do Sesame Street?) - Pirate Island is one of the best SeaWorld shows, so I wouldn't like to see that replaced, especially with a theme that doesn't make as much sense as Pirates does, and Reflections is a better show than Shamu Rocks. I wouldn't like to see Wild Arctic replaced, but I am all for a new film with the same theme (better quality CGI/film/3D?)

drew81

Original Poster
I think Wild Artic will get a new ride but the animals will stay the same.

Terrace Garden is where I think a new attraction will go.

djlaosc

I think Wild Artic will get a new ride but the animals will stay the same.

Terrace Garden is where I think a new attraction will go.

I would take that!

Do you think that Wild Arctic would remain a simulator, just with a different film, or would they rip that all out and completely change it?

djlaosc

Would they really bring the new Madagascar show to SeaWorld Orlando when it is at Busch Gardens Tampa?

I don't think that it really fits SeaWorld, but the characters are popular and not everyone goes to Busch Gardens so they may just think that it would be a fairly cheap show (already created) that they could put in - I wouldn't choose to put it in, but I can see why they would think about it.

The Nautilus theatre doesn't seem that it would be suitable for another animal show (unless it was like Pets Ahoy, maybe a bird show like Flights of Wonder at DAK), so I guess that that would limit them with what they could use it for. They do seem to like the idea of a Cirque du Soleil type show (A'Lure, and before that, Odyssea), but I don't know how well they have done (A'Lure doesn't seem to get good reviews - it was the worst show that we saw while we were there, but I don't know how Odyssea was rated.

ISTCrew20

I definitely think the announcement tomorrow will be for SeaWorld's yearlong 50th anniversary celebration for all 3 parks. It will definitely include new/refreshed shows, but I actually wouldn't be surprised if they announce a new attraction for each of the three, too.

Every single time Antarctica has been talked about by the park, they mention it's only the start of groundbreaking attractions. Just because it's come from multiple people in the company, I'm thinking they have a few big ideas up their sleeve.

And I will say Antarctica isn't bad. Very enjoyable actually. The queue is a masterpiece and after rerides, I really like how the cars interact with one another. It's short, but the rest of the realm makes up for that.

And don't forget that Busch is DROPPING big news tomorrow also.

drew81

Original Poster
I definitely think the announcement tomorrow will be for SeaWorld's yearlong 50th anniversary celebration for all 3 parks. It will definitely include new/refreshed shows, but I actually wouldn't be surprised if they announce a new attraction for each of the three, too.

Every single time Antarctica has been talked about by the park, they mention it's only the start of groundbreaking attractions. Just because it's come from multiple people in the company, I'm thinking they have a few big ideas up their sleeve.

And I will say Antarctica isn't bad. Very enjoyable actually. The queue is a masterpiece and after rerides, I really like how the cars interact with one another. It's short, but the rest of the realm makes up for that.

I bet for the drop ride? I also wonder if something is going into the old 4D theater?

djlaosc

I bet for the drop ride?

I wish that they would just have moved Sandstorm, Busch Flyers, Desert Runners and the Kiddie Train, rather than removed them (with no announcement of if they would be reopening). I'm sure that the drop tower would probably be a "bigger" attraction for them, but the removal of 4 for the addition of 1 is not the best thing, even if the removed attractions aren't that major (I'm not actually sure if I've ridden any of them)

djlaosc

It's a promotion for 50 years...

"Starting in 2014, we will be bringing you SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration! – A celebration marked by a whole new “Sea of Surprises.” Join us as we celebrate with new interactive experiences, new shows and daily entertainment, more up-close animal encounters throughout the park, and a Surprise Squad treating guests with prizes every day. Visit SeaWorld.com/Celebration to learn more."

"Starting in 2014, we will be bring you SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration! – A celebration marked by a whole new “Sea of Surprises.” All three SeaWorld parks will be sharing the fun and delight throughout the 18-month celebration with uniquely SeaWorld moments. Starting March 21, 2014, we invite guests to join us as we celebrate with new interactive experiences, new shows and daily entertainment, more up-close animal encounters throughout the park, and a Surprise Squad treating guests with prizes every day. "

There's a part of me thinking that this sounds like Limited Time Magic...

No new rides mentioned, but new shows and "interactive experiences"...

Hopefully we will get an A'Lure replacement...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom