SeaWorld admits to planting agent provocateur in PETA

Bairstow

Original Poster
They did the one thing most of their haters refuse to do. They sought to investigate the source and learn their side of the story.

Then they tried to incite public violence to defame their opponents and/or have them arrested. This company is completely without morals.

celluloid

Be cautious of knee jerk emotions and companies are made up of many people. Just like I did not categorize all of their critics into one group. It is not fair to say the entire company is without morals.

michmousefan

I love SeaWorld but they need to stop doing anything that could give them bad publicity. At this point, it's something every month with them and they just look worse and worse. They are just digging themselves into a grave. However, PETA is a ****ing crazy company so I don't care about them at all.
In the mainstream media, now SW is less respected than even PETA. That's how far they have fallen. That shiny new rollercoaster can't open soon enough...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I love SeaWorld but they need to stop doing anything that could give them bad publicity. At this point, it's something every month with them and they just look worse and worse. They are just digging themselves into a grave. However, PETA is a ****ing crazy company so I don't care about them at all.
They could find a cure for Orcan Cancer and they would catch flack.

Bairstow

Original Poster
Be cautious of knee jerk emotions and companies are made up of many people. Just like I did not categorize all of their critics into one group. It is not fair to say the entire company is without morals.

I'm sure there are a couple guys who sell popcorn that are perfectly decent people, but as a corporate entity, they're scum, and this proves it.

celluloid

I'm sure there are a couple guys who sell popcorn that are perfectly decent people, but as a corporate entity, they're scum, and this proves it.

Yeah. Just a couple of decent people out of hundreds of thousands. Dangerous hyperbole there. Perhaps reverse your logic to a few bad rather than a few good. You are discounting the hundreds that have Marine Biology degrees, physically rescued and saved wildlife from the ignorant that have educated millions. We see your true colors. This proves it.

Bairstow

Original Poster
Yeah. Just a couple of decent people out of hundreds of thousands. Dangerous hyperbole there. Perhaps reverse your logic to a few bad rather than a few good. You are discounting the hundreds that have Marine Biology degrees, physically rescued and saved wildlife from the ignorant that have educated millions. We see your true colors. This proves it.

I honestly don't understand your logic.

If we're discussing whether the company is ethical, only its leadership is relevant. Are you defending the honor of the company or some particular individual who works for it?

The federal courts, for instance, don't give a darn whether the mail guys at ENRON knew what was going on.

Bairstow

Original Poster
Your dangerous and cynical umbrella logic.

So in your mind it's somehow not proper for a corporation to be accountable for its corporate actions?

Isn't that the entire reason for the legal existence of corporations in the first place?!

Last edited:

celluloid

For sure. But was I was commenting on was your original post that I would refer to as a a knee jerk raw emotion based posting. Everyone is guilty of it, so I am not singling you out as the only human who does this, but we should be aware of it. You stated the company is completely without morals.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ethics isnt that a county near London?

I have really tried but I dont care to old for the faux indignation. The attractions are really good, not that fussed about fish unless they are on a plate.

matt78

more evidence that they will now slowly fall apart, especially against disney and UNI

SeaWorld isn't going anywhere. At least not in Florida or Texas. They have been going against Disney and Universal for years and have continued to survive. This is just a rough stretch they are going through. They will figure out a way to turn things around even if it means promoting themselves as a locals park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom