Seating arrangement for meals

bow0303

Original Poster
We'll be taking our 1st Disney cruise next year and had 2 questions. We're a family of 4 and while we don't mind meeting new people we would prefer to have our own table. Are there tables for 4? Also what sort of items are available on the room service menus? Thanks.

durangojim

We have a family of 4 as well. The last two cruises we took, we asked our travel agent to request a private table for us, which she did. It wasn't a big deal, they really just separated the tables except at Enchanted Garden where we sat in a booth.

Phonedave

I have cruised three times as a family of 3. Twice we were with others, once we were alone.

You can ask, and if they can accomidate you, they will be able to set you at a 4 top. Provided of course that they have room avaialble.

rick3236

Every time that 4 of us have sailed we have always had our own table. The times it was just me and my wife, we were seated with two other couples in a 6 top - all around our age and really nice people. I suggest that when you board the ship go to wherever they are doing the dining requests to change your time, it was at Royal Place last time I was on the Dream, and ask them if you are seated alone and to move you if you are not. They will most likely accommodate your request.

MaryJaneP

Like Rick, we enjoyed being seated with others more than sitting by ourselves. It is such a short trip and short mealtime that we learned a lot from our tablemates, who were experienced DCL cruisers.

As for room service menus, we have no personal experience doing so, but we were told you can get most items delivered to your room.

In response to a previous thread, I stated that eating in your room, unless necessary because of some other reason, really short-changes the cruising experience, the "all-inclusive" nature, and the superlative food and surroundings in each dining location.

Disneyfalcon

If you are just a couple, can you be seated by yourselves? Didn't really care for Biergarten seating at Epcot.

You can! Just request it in your reservation and they will try. Sometimes they can't accommodate you but they really do try. When you board go to the dining change location listed in your navigator and ask if you are alone. If not they will try again!

EOD K9

We actually ask to be alone on cruises and we're usually at a 4 seater. It's a little more 'romantic' and we just feel dinner should be more intimate, especially on vacation.
Its a preference thing. On our first cruise, it was nice to be able to have tablemates to chat with, but on our second it was also nice for it to just be the wife and I. I know exactly how you feel though.

PolynesianPrincess

We had 3 people in February and were seated alone at a 4 top. The cruise was also not even half full so there were lots of empty tables in the dining rooms.

Phonedave

I think I like being with just my party better as well.

I do love meeting other people, and places like Biergarten are not an issue. But having the same tablemates every night is different.

I cruised three times as a party consisting of me and my two pre-teen girls.

Our first cruise was with a family with one kid - the kid never stayed for more than 10 minutes - he wanted to be taken back to the kids club. The parents tended to show up wearing logo tshirts, shorts, and flip flops every night and made comments that the food was too fancy. Not a bad group, but not who we would choose to eat with.

The second cruse we were with a divorced dad on a trip with his two kids (just like I was). Nice group, but I heard a lot about his divorce every night - dude, just move on.

The third cruise we had our own table. It was quite nice.

-dave

psukardi

I made the request that if we're seated with other people to try & at least place us with people in the same age demographic. I'd hate for the two of us to somehow be at a table of 6 with a family of 4 that consists of a small child or something. Here's hoping it all goes well

PolynesianPrincess

My sister has decided she wants to make the request of sitting with just the 3 of us for our November cruise. And that is fine by me! :) Maybe we will get one of the super awesome round booths at Enchanted Garden!!

Maelstrom Troll

Ot first cruise was on the Dream this past December and our threesome was seated with a family of five at a long table at Enchanted Garden. It was a good experience, but I guess they wanted a table to themselves because we didn't see them again for the rest of our dining. That was just fine for us, it was nice having our own table.

Bolna

Ot first cruise was on the Dream this past December and our threesome was seated with a family of five at a long table at Enchanted Garden. It was a good experience, but I guess they wanted a table to themselves because we didn't see them again for the rest of our dining. That was just fine for us, it was nice having our own table.

Well, who wants to eat with a Troll?!?! ;)

When we requested to be moved because we wanted to have our own table, I at least made sure to let our former table mates know what happened to us. WE had requested our own table beforehand, but we still got table mates. They were able to move things around after the first night.

Kerby626

When I have sailed with my family. We have always requested a table for 4 for our family. Our son is high functioning autism with sensory issue so having other table mates would not work for us.

We have always gotten our request and well as changing to main dining

5thGenTexan

This is something to think about. Our two cruises, the four of us have been seated alone. I kinda assumed it was because we had a kid in a highchair. Next time the kids will be older and we may well be seated at a larger table. I need to request a table for just the four of us. It is my belief that people in general do not like me and I would hate to make someone else's trip less than great because they had to endure me.

Uhhh it's normal for you to be seated with somebody other than your family? I'm going on my first cruise and I've never heard this?!! I would prefer our own table for sure, I would be uncomfortable sitting with someone else. As an adult I don't mind but as a parent of 7 year who doesn't like to sit still I would feel very self conscious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom