'Season of the Force' seasonal event to debut at Disney's Hollywood Studios in early 2016

mmkr03

Any comments on another site that states that the season is canceled and fireworks are every night?????
I read this too. All the activities are remaining plus fireworks every night just not under the "Seasons of the Force" banner. Any truth to this?

DisneyRoy

This sounds extremely disappointing to me. The only difference I see between this and some random day in the summer is the addition of the fireworks. What happened to the special M&G from Star Wars weekends? Or the Q&A sessions? Or the autographs? Or Darth's Mall with the super special merchandise like the carbonite freezing? Color me disappointed....:oops:

Flyersgirl17

I'm trying to remain optimistic. **Ducks head in case rocks are thrown!!** It seems like there is new stuff being announced every week with star wars in particular. I'm hoping that closer to the real dates it will be finalized. I can see more M&G's coming (like a Rey or Kylo Ren).

John Fowler

This sounds extremely disappointing to me. The only difference I see between this and some random day in the summer is the addition of the fireworks. What happened to the special M&G from Star Wars weekends? Or the Q&A sessions? Or the autographs? Or Darth's Mall with the super special merchandise like the carbonite freezing? Color me disappointed....:oops:

Did the autograph sessions define SWW? I have been going there for the past 5 years and I haven't seen one Q&A event there ever. Wotto's Grotto is open right now, and there will be special merchandise at The Launch Bay. Speaking of the Launch Bay, Chewie and vader, arguably the two most popular photo opportunities from SWW, will be there till March. Is it on the caliber of SWW? No not at all, but are we getting a huge land that will make it SWW pretty much every day. Yes indeed.

DisneyRoy

Did the autograph sessions define SWW? I have been going there for the past 5 years and I haven't seen one Q&A event there ever. Wotto's Grotto is open right now, and there will be special merchandise at The Launch Bay. Speaking of the Launch Bay, Chewie and vader, arguably the two most popular photo opportunities from SWW, will be there till March. Is it on the caliber of SWW? No not at all, but are we getting a huge land that will make it SWW pretty much every day. Yes indeed.

I would not say that the autograph session defined it, but there were hundreds of people that would camp out for that opportunity. Maybe Q&A wasn't the right word, but there was some sort of additional speaking session with some of the talent. Just in 2014 they had Mark Hamill. And you could attend an interview/talk show style presentation with him. In 2014 alone they had Peter Mayhew, Billy Dee Williams, and Warwick Davis among others you could meet. And don't forget the special hyperspace hoopla show that was always a hit. And the parades! So while I'm thankful that they are finally putting in a full land dedicated, I think that more could be done along the lines of what has been done in the past. To forget what was successful and got you hear in the first place (the fans) would be a disservice to them and the franchise.

Matt_Black

Regarding the Hyperspace Hoopla at least, from what I heard, Kathleen Kennedy wasn't a fan (felt it diluted the brand), so that's why it was nixed.

BrerJon

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a series of fan events with all the panels, autograph signings, meet-and-greets and more that people loved from Star Wars Weekends, it's just they'll be upcharge events in the future.

This will mean that those with no interest in Star Wars will no longer have to subsidise the cost of the extras, while those who are keen can pay the $99 or whatever it might be to get access, with far less crowds than they ever had before.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I would not say that the autograph session defined it, but there were hundreds of people that would camp out for that opportunity. Maybe Q&A wasn't the right word, but there was some sort of additional speaking session with some of the talent. Just in 2014 they had Mark Hamill. And you could attend an interview/talk show style presentation with him. In 2014 alone they had Peter Mayhew, Billy Dee Williams, and Warwick Davis among others you could meet. And don't forget the special hyperspace hoopla show that was always a hit. And the parades! So while I'm thankful that they are finally putting in a full land dedicated, I think that more could be done along the lines of what has been done in the past. To forget what was successful and got you hear in the first place (the fans) would be a disservice to them and the franchise.

2015 there were multiple sessions with Ashley Eckstein, DW went to 2 of them and was over the moon about the experience you had to sign up of course.

Watching hundreds of members of 501'st troop was also an amazing sight one that Disney will never replicate. SOTF is just a cheap way of getting SW fans in without doing anything for them.

DisneyRoy

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a series of fan events with all the panels, autograph signings, meet-and-greets and more that people loved from Star Wars Weekends, it's just they'll be upcharge events in the future.

This will mean that those with no interest in Star Wars will no longer have to subsidise the cost of the extras, while those who are keen can pay the $99 or whatever it might be to get access, with far less crowds than they ever had before.

I sadly can see them doing this. But the demand would be there and they would sell out. And I would be one of the customers. :)

DisneyDefenders

Really wish Hollywood Studios would let those attending the special premier event on December 17th be the first to see Symphony in the Stars and then let all park guests see them on Friday, December 18th!

jrhwdw

Really wish Hollywood Studios would let those attending the special premier event on December 17th be the first to see Symphony in the Stars and then let all park guests see them on Friday, December 18th!
Someone give DHS that idea!!!!! That would be another huge accomplishment in my book for DHS, to bring back Pyro for Christmas. Just like Frozen Fun was for summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom