Season crossover

yedliW

Original Poster
They have added a 5th season since we last looked at the point charts, and I had a question. If your week long stay crosses over from one 'season' to another, how does it work? Is it at the weekly rate of the first season, the 2nd season, the higher of the 2, lower of the 2, or does it pro rate both parts? Or do they make you use the daily rate for each of the days?

We are looking at a stay the September/October timeframe next fall.. and was wondering how many points we would be using.

Thank you! :)

nickys

Premium Member
I thought the weekly rate was done by arrival date, but having just played around with booking a weeks' stay, it seems to add the number of points for each night to give the total.

I started with a week completely in one season and then moved the dates out by 1 each time ( this was on the points calculation chart). It's probably worth a call to member services to check though.

It might be they count a week as a mon to sun stay, and the seasons change at weekends so the weekly rate will always be in one season.

Simba's Mom

That's happened to us several times, crossing "seasons". The number of points you use corresponds specifically to that night. We were at Disney's Hilton Head resort at the end of November into the beginning of December, and the "rates" change December 1st. So our first 7 nights were November rates, the last 3 were December rates.

Phonedave

There really is no "weekly rate". It is just the sum of 5 weekdays and 2 weekend nights. They just list a weekly rate to aid in the planning process. Rooms are booked and debited at a nightly rate.

-dave

dreamfinder

They charge the posted point rate per night. Just like how they don't charge you weekend rates for every day if you check in on Fri/Sat, or midweek rates for your entire trip if you check in on Thurs, each night is charged accordingly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom