Seasick on the Wonder

tink66

Original Poster
I have sailed on the dream twice I will be sailing on the wonder in a few weeks I'm kind of afraid because it smaller that I may get seasick. Has anyone else had any issues with being seasick on a smaller ship or do you think I'll be okay??

tink66

Original Poster
Nope. Barring some insanely rough seas you should not be any more at risk for seasickness than you would be on the larger ship.

Which Wonder sailing are you going on? My wife an I are sailing Nov. 14
We just miss you guys, we leave in the 19th

dadddio

It's something like 80ft longer. That's not to say that I would look forward to sailing on the Titanic.

We've never been on the Wonder, but we have been on the Magic in somewhat rough sees. It was very noticible and someone who is prone to seasickness could definitely get a little green, in my opinion. I have no clue how it would be on the Dream in similar conditions.

tink66

Original Poster
It's something like 80ft longer. That's not to say that I would look forward to sailing on the Titanic.

We've never been on the Wonder, but we have been on the Magic in somewhat rough sees. It was very noticible and someone who is prone to seasickness could definitely get a little green, in my opinion. I have no clue how it would be on the Dream in similar conditions.
ok thanks.

mammaminnie

I've done the big and small DCL ships and didn't notice a difference (I get motion sick pretty easy). I just took a pair of sea bands with me and wore them if I felt anything. Overall though, like others have said, you shouldn't notice it unless it's super rough seas.

I have sailed on the dream twice I will be sailing on the wonder in a few weeks I'm kind of afraid because it smaller that I may get seasick. Has anyone else had any issues with being seasick on a smaller ship or do you think I'll be okay??

I have sailed on both, and been seasick on both (and other cruise line ships) Just take medication with you (just in case) and eat smaller meals. But I have found that I have been sailing more frequently and the symptoms have been reduced. I have also been paying more attention- trying to have smaller meals and continuing lots of water & beverages and walking, exercise does help. So one day was a bit wavy, we had been in the sun all day- I took a Dramamine- me & my daughter both took a nap, and good to go the rest of the cruise. Go for it ! The smaller ships have a magic of their own !

Donfan

We've been on both the Magic (same size as the Wonder) and the Fantasy. The only rough sea we encountered were about three-foot wind-caused waves on the Magic. I thought it felt like driving a car on a gravel road. There was no movement of the ship at all because those things are so huge. The biggest difference between the two is the number of people you encounter. Personally, I liked the smaller of the two ships because all the lines were shorter.

LSUmagic

We have sailed both the Fantasy and Magic. I couldn't tell a difference. I don't get seasick but I bring medication just in case. Personally I don't think the size of the ship would determine if I sailed or not.
Also getting a cabin in the middle of the ship might help.

tink66

Original Poster
Thanks everybody it's good to hear so many positive stories I swear by my Seabands so I guess I'll do that again thanks again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom