Seafood Help

JillC LI

We don't have many days in Disney this year so we wanted to make the most of the visit by staying in the parks but we were considering a signature restaurant... Decisions decisions!!

You could do a restaurant that's easy to get to from the parks. For instance, on our last trip, we went to the MK for early EMH, then at 10:30am we hopped on the monorail to the Poly for our 11am ADR at Kona Cafe. Afterwards, an easy ride back to the MK on the monorail after one of the best breakfasts on property!
Similarly, you could eat dinner at California Grill (a signature renowned for its sushi, and also a monorail ride away) and watch the MK fireworks from the Observation Deck there.

If you want to stay in the parks, Rose & Crown Pub is great during IllumiNations and they have delicious fish n chips.

G8rchamps

I just ate at Cape May on Friday and would go back again. Buffett of steamed crab legs and clams with hot butter- Fried calamari and clam strips- baked salmon- shrimp cocktail- seafood chowder- alfredo pasta- fresh carved strip loin steak- salads and desserts.

We ate at Flying Fish last month and my potato crusted fish was dry and boring. Wife had scallops I think and they were fine. Did not find the value for the price even with TIW card.

Never been to Coral reef- sorry.

JHASdiz

Original Poster
You could do a restaurant that's easy to get to from the parks. For instance, on our last trip, we went to the MK for early EMH, then at 10:30am we hopped on the monorail to the Poly for our 11am ADR at Kona Cafe. Afterwards, an easy ride back to the MK on the monorail after one of the best breakfasts on property!
Similarly, you could eat dinner at California Grill (a signature renowned for its sushi, and also a monorail ride away) and watch the MK fireworks from the Observation Deck there.

If you want to stay in the parks, Rose & Crown Pub is great during IllumiNations and they have delicious fish n chips.
That's actually ya really good idea! Thank you for that!!

JHASdiz

Original Poster
The very BEST "FISH fish" location is probably the Flying Fish (Boardwalk). We don't tend to go there, because Sandy and I are Shellfish people. Fulton's at DTD tends to be our choice for Shellfish. You can get virtually ANY combination of crab, lobster, clams, mussels - whatever. If it's not on the menu? Just ask. Fulton's is classic old school... the menu is nothing but a basic STARTING point :).

... unless Shellfish = pre-defined LOBSTER. Narcoossee's is very good for this - but a little recognized secret? You CAN go to Shula's at the Dolphin, and get a STUNNING Lobster fit for a linebacker :) (4 pounds). :). I'm not sure if I would be eating the Lobster, or it would be trying to eat ME.
Haha! Ok, thank you for your help! Now I'll have something to go off of when we actually make that decision and decide to make the ADR.

If is just you and your husband, I would go to Narcoossees or Flying Fish because they are more adult only. If you have kids, they would love Coral Reef.

Baldy

That would be awesome!! Thank you for your help!
Just came back. The food was great. I had the sustainable catch (yellow tailed snapper?). It was probably the best meal I've ever had at Disney. My son loved his steak. My mom enjoyed her pasta, but said it needed more salt (which is interesting, since last year she complained that the same dish was a little too salty). I hope you have a great time wherever you end up.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Both are EXCELLENT... just be aware: A Surf & Turf at Shula's will be sized for a LINEBACKER :). Talk to your waiter - he'll make sure that a "civilian" couple does not need a pair of hand trucks to depart the Restaurant :).

:hilarious: I'll have to remember that! My DH will want the linebacker sized meal and he won't want to share... but I will probably want something "normal" sized. Maybe I will just get some lobster on it's own! :happy: The side dishes at Shula's look really good!

SagamoreBeach

I have never really enjoyed seafood anywhere in Florida. Being from Massachusetts - Cape Cod - I just can't get accustomed to the taste of seafood from other regions. But that's me and it doesn't mean that the seafood at Disney isn't wonderful....to me it tastes very different.
-T

Minthorne

Flying Fish I had 1 good meal out of the last 3 times and agree the potato wrapped red snapper was dry and boring.

I did have an excellent seafood stew at Cali Grill in March and last Nov at Narcoossee the Key West Shrimp and Linguine was great.

Minthorne

I have never really enjoyed seafood anywhere in Florida. Being from Massachusetts - Cape Cod - I just can't get accustomed to the taste of seafood from other regions. But that's me and it doesn't mean that the seafood at Disney isn't wonderful....to me it tastes very different.
-T

I have this problem too!

The Incredible Schmulk

We don't have many days in Disney this year so we wanted to make the most of the visit by staying in the parks but we were considering a signature restaurant... Decisions decisions!!

I wouldn't worry about leaving the park for dinner at Flying Fish or bluezoo. From the gates in the World Showcase, Flying Fish is less than a ten minute walk. It's just as long from parts of the World Showcase to Coral Reef as it is to get to Flying Fish from the park exit, and out on the Boardwalk you won't have to maneuver around slow-moving groups of park goers to get where you're going. bluezoo is just a bit further, maybe another five to seven minutes of walking.

Either way, for a possible extra ten minutes of travel time on foot, it's well worth leaving the park to get to the better option. In the grand scheme, you'll remember the meal, but you won't remember the minutes you were worrying about wasting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom