Sea World or Living Sea?!?

Brett

Original Poster
Ok, this may just be my distaste for aquariums or the fact that my brother is infatuated with them, but I'd rather go to the Living Seas that Sea World!! I find myself bored at Sea World and not into the experience that Living Seas offers. Once again, it may just be Disney winning me over again, but that's just my opinion.

markymark

The Living Seas is great, a really realxing place, and somewhere I always HAVE to go when in Epcot. I think the whole set up of the place is brilliant. BUT I really don't think that you can beat Seaworld for what it does. Don't get me wrong, as far as I'm concerned WDW is the ultimate, but I think SW is a great place. I really enjoy just wondering round taking in the sights. Plus, don't forget, they have got Journey To Atlantis and Kraken (for me the best coaster in Orlando :eek: )

Ariel

I haven't been to SeaWorld in a few years, but I think I'd still go with Living Seas...One of my Epcot favorites!

woofboy111

Sea World is a lot different that the Living Seas. If I had the choice to go to sea world or to just to the living seas, I'd choose sea world. If I had to chose an attraction at Sea World over living seas, I'd choose the living seas.

Tramp

I don't know about anyone else....but I can't compare them!
Sea World is an entire theme park with a comprehensive array of acts, events, shows, and wildlife.
How do you compare that to 'Living Seas,' an aquarium?

If given a choice....Give me SEA WORLD any day....!;)

woofboy111

Originally posted by Tramp
I don't know about anyone else....but I can't compare them!
Sea World is an entire theme park with a comprehensive array of acts, events, shows, and wildlife.
How do you compare that to 'Living Seas,' an aquarium?

Good point. That's what I was trying to say in an above post.

Maria

Woofboy and Tramp,
You couldn´t say it better! I was gonna type that! THERE IS NO COMPARISON between an attraction and a whole theme park!! No matter how humid they both are....

I love Disney, but I also recognize Sea World as a GREAT Park. It is very relaxing...that is true and constitutes a "break" in a hectic Orlando vacation...

I always enjoyed going there and watching the shows, getting wet in the rides, and tipsy in the "hospitality tent"!!

Next time you are there, try taking a backstage tour. We loved it! We pet a pinguin! That was sooo cool!

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Maria
Woofboy and Tramp,
You couldn´t say it better! I was gonna type that! THERE IS NO COMPARISON between an attraction and a whole theme park!! No matter how humid they both are....

I love Disney, but I also recognize Sea World as a GREAT Park. It is very relaxing...that is true and constitutes a "break" in a hectic Orlando vacation...

I always enjoyed going there and watching the shows, getting wet in the rides, and tipsy in the "hospitality tent"!!

Next time you are there, try taking a backstage tour. We loved it! We pet a pinguin! That was sooo cool!

Yeah I agree with you guys!! Seaworld is a totallu diifrent experience then living sea. welove seaworld!!!

Mikejakester

Living seas?

I don't know, maybe just the fact that I haven't gone to leaving seas in like 4 years gets me thinking this way... but what is there in living seas that sea world does not have? Last time I went to living seas I did not like it at all....I don't know if they changed things or not, but you can't compare them 2... the only thing you can compare is an aqurium in sea world like the seal cove or the shark encounter aquarium with living seas, not the whole sea world with living seas...

MrPromey

I agree with Silly, for the price of admission to a park, I'd much rather go to Epcot for Living Seas and everything else. For anyone who lives around here, you can only watch Shamu jump around and sea lions make silly expressions so many times. For people who are really into aquatic life I suppose it could be a nice place but The Living Seas has enough of this subject to satisfy me. Also, sea world seems to be having an identity crisis. Within the last ten years they went from having no rides at all to having two roller coasters and a nauseating simulator. To me this sends a confusing message about who their target audience is. It seems sort of automatic that the people who would go for these kinds of rides would find the shows and aquariums rather boring and a lot of the people that go for the shows and aquariums would probably be the kind that would sit out the rides. In any event, The Dolphin Encounter deal with the 7 day pass to Sea world would be a great deal if there were actually seven days worth of things to do in that park but saying that there is even two full days worth would be stretching it. Also, it's worth mentioning that the Discovery cove is more like a resort activity than what most people think of as a theme park. Due to the highly limited number of people let in daily it's not exactly hard for them to book up. As long as they are able to do this and make enough money in the process I say more power to them. I myself would rather spend the same amount of money to drive down to south Florida, and stay over night in a hotel and do the same thing in a place that's been doing it longer. That's just me though. I might have a different take on it if I was a real tourist coming in out of state.

mej

I love Sea World. It's ideal for that first "jet lagged" day in Florida because it's relaxed and not too big. I also quite like the mix of shows/ coasters - perfect for us this year as we had 4 generations of our family there! Plus, the mime artist at the Sea lion & otter show is really funny.

sillyspook13

Originally posted by mej
...Plus, the mime artist at the Sea lion & otter show is really funny.
Yeah, but when it comes to mime, I'd rather see the living statues in France at Epcot. I'll head over there right after Living Seas!!!;)

wdwrules

the living seas is a great attraction but doesnt compare to all you can do and see at sea world. we always go to sea world in the middle of our vacation for a relaxing break from disney. plus i love journey to atlantis

FutureCEO

Sea World all the way. The Living Seas, i think is a peice of crap. it's because it doesn't have a sponser. it could do betyter with a sponser.

markymark

Originally posted by wdw24557
Sea World all the way. The Living Seas, i think is a peice of crap. it's because it doesn't have a sponser. it could do betyter with a sponser.

I dont really agree with that. I mean I went for SW here too, but I think to call LS a pile of crap is going a bit to far! It's not THAT long since it lost it's sponsor and it hasn't changed, doea that mean it was crap before too. I think it needs updating and improving, but thats about it.

I just cant bring myself to say anything in wdw is crap! :)

MrPromey

I agree with Marky. The simple fact that this single attraction is being compared to a complete park should be an indication of it's quality. Why don't we compare the Atlantis attraction to a day at the MK instead? - because it wouldn't make a lot of sense... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom