SDMT OPENING DATE (RUMOR)

Wildflower

If this ends up being the actual opening date, when would it show up online to book FP+?
Imagine shortly after they make official announcement (and actually put the ride on their site as an attraction...currently doesn't even look to exist on the system!). would think THAT happens after the soft openings show it to run smoothly and all that? We're already booked for 4/30-5/4 so am checking daily regardless!

TinkandCrew

I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about this. Our one and only MK day is May 2nd!!! We need to cram in as many rides as we can. I guess it could be our top fastpass option? The good news is...maybe lines for the other rides will be slightly less????

Tobe

I am going to cross my fingers that maybe we'll get lucky and hit a soft opening on our upcoming April 5 - 15 trip. We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour on the 11th. I keep fantasizing that they may incorporate something on the ride in the tour. If not a ride during a soft opening maybe just some facts about it. I know that the chances of that are slim and none but I keep hoping anyway. :happy:

Our 2014 trip to WDW Coronado Springs and Art of Animation!  

Last edited:

kendalljo

I wouldn't worry too much about getting fastpasses. Although for the record, I hope I'm completely wrong about this. I have to say before (and shortly after) the new fastpass+ system was in place I had become pretty savvy at the whole fastpass system and we hardly ever waited in line for anything. And NEVER more than 20 minutes. But the last few trips (Oct, Dec, & Feb 2014) it seemed to get progressively worse in this area. Particularly the Feb trip. We had fastpasses booked but didn't use but a couple of them. We would get to the ride and the fastpass line would be so backed up that we just got in the standby line and ended up waiting less than half the time posted at the entrance. It was insane. And the craziest part...since they opened up all those fastpass+ kiosks for those who don't have the phone app (or aren't resort guests or passholders), the lines for the fastpass+ kiosks were out the wazoo. I've never seen anything like it. I really hope they get it sorted out soon, or the whole fastpass+ system will be a flop in my opinion. And it used to be such a beautiful thing. :( Still hoping I'm very wrong and they're just working out the kinks.

danv3

I wouldn't worry too much about getting fastpasses. Although for the record, I hope I'm completely wrong about this. I have to say before (and shortly after) the new fastpass+ system was in place I had become pretty savvy at the whole fastpass system and we hardly ever waited in line for anything. And NEVER more than 20 minutes. But the last few trips (Oct, Dec, & Feb 2014) it seemed to get progressively worse in this area. Particularly the Feb trip. We had fastpasses booked but didn't use but a couple of them. We would get to the ride and the fastpass line would be so backed up that we just got in the standby line and ended up waiting less than half the time posted at the entrance. It was insane. And the craziest part...since they opened up all those fastpass+ kiosks for those who don't have the phone app (or aren't resort guests or passholders), the lines for the fastpass+ kiosks were out the wazoo. I've never seen anything like it. I really hope they get it sorted out soon, or the whole fastpass+ system will be a flop in my opinion. And it used to be such a beautiful thing. :( Still hoping I'm very wrong and they're just working out the kinks.

I'm just so thankful they spent $1B+ on this instead of new rides! :facepalm:

MOXOMUMD

Unfortunately I think there are a lot of kinks to work out.

WelshBatman

since they opened up all those fastpass+ kiosks for those who don't have the phone app (or aren't resort guests or passholders), the lines for the fastpass+ kiosks were out the wazoo. I've never seen anything like it. I really hope they get it sorted out soon, or the whole fastpass+ system will be a flop in my opinion

I agree. I had no idea these lines would be this long and they're everywhere. I was at the Studios last week and every kiosk had a line at least 15-20 people deep and there were so many. Meanwhile, I got on everything in under 30 minutes including 2 Star Tours trips (and one of those there were about 10 people in the starspeeder with me). It wasn't that busy but people are spending a lot of time at these kiosks feeling like they need to have a fastpass.

Be warned if you're going that these lines for fast pass+ kiosks are that bad.

JoeT63

Will be at MK on May 11...Mother's Day. Thankfully it's an evening EMH ('til 1am) cuz I have a feeling we'll be waiting in standby until then! Oh but who cares. A day waiting in line at the Magic Kingdom is better than any day just about anywhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom