Sci Fi restaurant for Pooh sized guests?

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
We have never been to the Sci Fi restaurant in Hollywood Studios. We are planning our fifth trip and are looking for new experiences. Unfortunately, I'm afraid our years of "happy fat" my have taken us out of consideration for certain things. The drive in cars look like they could be a little tight. Does anyone "know someone" who has dealt with this issue? Also, can a group of five adults sit together?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you do not fit in the cars, they have regular tables as well.

3349903119_734b9dbd66_o.jpg

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
Thanks. It looks like a lot of fun, more for us grown ups than kids. I also heard you can get a milkshake for your drink on the dining plan as well as a dessert. ( How did I ever become Pooh sized? )

horizons82

As someone who is more than a little Pooh-sized, I have dined at Sci-Fi and LOVED the atmosphere. I felt the food was good in a fun kind of way, but as others have said, you do go for the atmosphere more so than the food (and the atmosphere IS worth the trip).

As for seating, the cars are pretty snug and would be difficult for anyone large or Pooh-sized to sit in. When I went, I had actually lost quite a bit of weight at the time and fit comfortably, but I would NOT try to be seated in the car now...my desire to get back to Sci-Fi is part of the motivation to lose weight again ;)

So I'd say to definitely request the tables. I've seen tables with umbrellas in the rear of the restaurant but I didn't notice the cars that have the regular tables and chairs within them until I saw the picture that Master Yoda posted, so that is nice they have those as well.

The only other suggestion is that you might want to request a table in advance before being taken to a seat...a CM may or may not think about your needs before trying to seat you, and I find it's always better to make such a request in advance before going to sit and then have a problem inside--especially since it's a darker restaurant (and it was completely full when we went).

It is a fun restaurant with an amazing atmosphere that is really unique. The food is decent, as long as you don't have too high of expectations--kind of think 50's road-side diner/greasy spoon food and that is what you'll get (which does fit the theme after all).

Enjoy and have fun!

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
As someone who is more than a little Pooh-sized, I have dined at Sci-Fi and LOVED the atmosphere. I felt the food was good in a fun kind of way, but as others have said, you do go for the atmosphere more so than the food (and the atmosphere IS worth the trip).

As for seating, the cars are pretty snug and would be difficult for anyone large or Pooh-sized to sit in. When I went, I had actually lost quite a bit of weight at the time and fit comfortably, but I would NOT try to be seated in the car now...my desire to get back to Sci-Fi is part of the motivation to lose weight again ;)

So I'd say to definitely request the tables. I've seen tables with umbrellas in the rear of the restaurant but I didn't notice the cars that have the regular tables and chairs within them until I saw the picture that Master Yoda posted, so that is nice they have those as well.

The only other suggestion is that you might want to request a table in advance before being taken to a seat...a CM may or may not think about your needs before trying to seat you, and I find it's always better to make such a request in advance before going to sit and then have a problem inside--especially since it's a darker restaurant (and it was completely full when we went).

It is a fun restaurant with an amazing atmosphere that is really unique. The food is decent, as long as you don't have too high of expectations--kind of think 50's road-side diner/greasy spoon food and that is what you'll get (which does fit the theme after all).

Enjoy and have fun!

Thanks for the suggestions. We really dont like much to eat in HS, although we have only had Mama Melrose and Hollywood and Vine. Just trying to shake things up a little.

RonAnnArbor

I've always enjoyed Sci Fi Diner -- the burgers are decent and the fries and sides are good -- much much better and the same cost as going to the ABC Commissary right next door (they share adjoining kitchens). Incidentally, ANYONE can ask for a table instead of the cars if they would like -- the tables are also a good option for families with very young children since otherwise they have to sit side by side facing forward in the cars (exactly the reason why the cars become a MUCH better option once your kids hit, say 8 or 9 and you want some freedom from them for a half hour or so)...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom