sci fi or prime time??

WDWhumanmap

its my first time this year in 4 days going with my cousins. one big happy family :rolleyes:
we are planed epcot mk and dak (they eat on there own :lol: )
but which is better with kids scifi or prime time???

thanks for the help in advance :wave:

nicholas

Kids (depending on age, I guess) would probably like sci-fi better just for the novelty of sitting in a car and watching a movie during dinner. However, I much prefer the interaction with the CMs at Prime Time. So it's a toss up. But for visual fun, the kids would probably like Sci-Fi better, I would guess.

Upvote 0

djmatthews

We ate the the Sci-Fi in April, everything was excellent excepet the food. We had the onion rings to start, they were average, not homemade, then the Ribs, I found the whole meal to be very dry. I did however have a lovely cocktail to wash it down with :sohappy:

The experience factor however was great and the waitress was excellent, unfortunatly I cannot comment on the Prime Time.

Upvote 0

jcarriv

Kids would probably enjoy Sci-Fi more just based on the movie playing. They will definitely enjoy the interaction with the CMs but some of the 50's nostalgia may be lost on them.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Prime Time is the one restaurant in all my trips to Disney that I never miss in terms of dinner. A friend of mine ate at Sci-Fi recently and thought it was just OK as far as food goes. He thought the atmosphere was great at the Sci-Fi but I still think the food is better at the Prime Time. Plus you are all cousins there even if you werent before you walked through the door!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Alexandra

We were VERY disappointed in the Sci Fi last trip. It used to have a burger/shake kind of menu but now it's more upscale and not good at all. The shakes are still there but that's about it. The 50's Prime Time is a lot of fun and you find yourself laughing at people the CM's are "punishing." I left my potatoes over and the CM fed them to me airplane style. Needless to say, everyone got a huge laugh out of that, espeically me. I say the 50's Prime Time. Decent food, decent price, good fun.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We were at WDW in June of this year 3-14th. We ate one lunch at Sci-Fi and one lunch at Prime Time. We basically had the burgers and shakes at Sci-Fi and had a great time..filled 2 cars near each other, the kids got their drivers permits. Our food at both places were priced about the same and the food at both places was good. The older adults appreciated the atmosphere at Prime Time but everyone had fun at Sci-Fi. Either way,you can't really go wrong.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
My almost 3 year old just LOVEDDDD eating in the car at Sci-Fi. I didn't care for the menu so we just had a quick dessert, but the only reason we went in there in the first place is because I knew my son would get a kick out of eating in the car.

I don't think kids would like 50's prime time. They might not understand that it's pretend so they could get a little scared if the server was yelling at them.

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

Sci Fi all the way.

I'm going to MGM for 2 days in September, and have reservations for both days at the Sci Fi.

The food at both is just sub par, but the setting at Sci Fi is the BEST!

Do however stop by the bar area at Prime Time and get a milkshake - Best on Disney proerty (that I've had.)

Upvote 0

bhg469

Alexandra said:
I left my potatoes over and the CM fed them to me airplane style.QUOTE]

my girlfriend didnt finish her green beans and they brought them back out covered in whipped cream and sprinkles and told her that was her dessert. i nearly fell out of my chair

Upvote 0

sarahj

They did the same thing to my brother-in-law's mother last year when we were there. She didn't finish her chicken pot pie, and ordered strawberry shortcake. She got the pot pie back with whipped cream, sprinkles and a strawberry. It was the best part of the meal!!! :lol:

Upvote 0

Kadee

sarahj said:
They did the same thing to my brother-in-law's mother last year when we were there. She didn't finish her chicken pot pie, and ordered strawberry shortcake. She got the pot pie back with whipped cream, sprinkles and a strawberry. It was the best part of the meal!!! :lol:
I LOVE SciFi, but have never eaten at PrimeTime for fear of ^^This^^ (see above quote). They don't actually NOT let you have your dessert, do they? I mean I know it is all in fun with them yelling at you to get your elbows off the table, etc..., but do they MAKE you eat everything? I thought I wanted to eat there on my next trip, but now I'm not so sure. Please tell me and all the others who have never eaten there how it really works. THANKS!

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Kadee, don't worry about it. It's all in fun and they will not force you to eat your meal, and if you order dessert they will give you what you ordered (after playing with you a little). :)

Upvote 0

Kadee

Laura22 said:
Kadee, don't worry about it. It's all in fun and they will not force you to eat your meal, and if you order dessert they will give you what you ordered (after playing with you a little). :)
Thanks. We have always wanted to eat there because my daughter and I LOVE the old B&W sitcoms & such. But we were both a bit intimidated by the reputation of the place. I guess we will just have to give it a try. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I think the food is MUCH better at Prime Time. We have never been impressed with Sci-Fi and most likely won't go back. (unless we are with someone who really wants to go there. For one thing I don't like eating in the dark (I want to see my food.) It was over priced and not that great. But then again the last time we went DD was 9 months old and that was the one time she cried the whole meal. (it was so nosey in there I don't think it bugged anyone else, but we had enough.

I really think they should turn the whole place into a "House of Mouse" and show cartoons. Have radom chartacters show up and decorate with hidden Mickeys. It would be such a hit!

Upvote 0

ILOVEDISNEY

Kadee said:
Thanks. We have always wanted to eat there because my daughter and I LOVE the old B&W sitcoms & such. But we were both a bit intimidated by the reputation of the place. I guess we will just have to give it a try. Thanks again.

It's all done in fun. Mom, Gramps and the gang are good judges of character. They only pick on you if they think you will play along. We had a male CM last time in April and he was a stitch. He was featured on the recent episiode about WDW food on either the Food or Travel Channel--can't remember. When it is really crowded and you have to wait outside you'd better be close by or they will yell for you to get inside for lunch/dinner and really embarrass you. P.S. Don't forget to wash your hands before eating and take your hat off at the table.

Upvote 0

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
well i love both and thanks for all your help the only problem is my cousins are 7 and 5 they won't sit still no matter what probaly but thanks for the helpful hints. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom