Scariest Ride at WDW

katins7

I've never done Dinosaur and am wondering what species of scary it is. Is it an immersion in the story kind of scary (like Haunted Mansion) or does it feel like actual physical danger in the way that drops do (like ToT)? I'd be fine if it's just "oooh, the big dinos are gonna get me" but I don't do things like ToT or MS because they'd make me feel yucky. To answer the question, the scariest I've done is probably Space Mountain because I'm a middle-aged mom and something of a wimp.

Kamikaze

I've never done Dinosaur and am wondering what species of scary it is. Is it an immersion in the story kind of scary (like Haunted Mansion) or does it feel like actual physical danger in the way that drops do (like ToT)? I'd be fine if it's just "oooh, the big dinos are gonna get me" but I don't do things like ToT or MS because they'd make me feel yucky. To answer the question, the scariest I've done is probably Space Mountain because I'm a middle-aged mom and something of a wimp.

Its more of the Haunted Mansion type, but the cars move faster. Its... lame. It won't make you feel bad, its not fast, it basically just shakes back and forth and up and down.

Mark Dunne

Na,your no wimp,I won't do TOT,no way,but I remember going on rock and rollercoaster 5times in a row,felt very weird for an hr or so,so let's have a raise of glasses to the wimps ,HURRA!!!

Chef Mickey

There really isn't one, but Tower of Terror has to be the "scariest" and most intense for kids. Pretty daunting lead up, gigantic stature, dark, fast, unpredictable, boiler room, etc.

I've seen a decent number of "I don't wanna go anymore" kids go to the real elevator to leave the attraction

Jedi Stitch

My wife won't go on the Rockn Roller Coaster because it goes upside down.

The only thing scary for me is getting into a ride que and either they lie when it is an hour not 15 minutes and then you find your self behind the family with BO or the Poopy Diaper they seam to not be able to smell.

GVentola

Have you ever been on the Indiana Jones ride out at Disneyland? This is a cousin to that. It's a bumpy jeep ride in the dark. There is at least one small hill, but it is like casually driving down a hill in your own car. You get stalked by a Carnotaur (or is it Carnotaurus?) while trying to locate a dinosaur like Aladar in the movie also known as "Dinosaur". The scariest part to me is at the end, where you try to get back to modern times right as the carnotaur is about to grab you and your host, Dr. Grant Seeker, is yelling, "We're not gonna make it! We're not gonna make it!"

I know this ride well enough to know where they take the souvenir photo. One time, I smiled and waved at the camera above the carnatour's head. I bought the photo. I'm all jolly and the other people in the jeep with me are like, "Aaaahhh!"

The time I treated my cousin's dinosaur-loving son to a day at Animal Kingdom, he wanted to ride this again and again. There was no line to speak of, and I dig the ride, too, so we rode it four times in a row.

DABIGCHEEZ

The scariest ride for me personally would be Mission Space which I will never ride. I'm claustrophobic and afraid of being trapped so that's a no go and from what I've heard of the G experience...I'm good.

I am the same way. When it first opened... we went on and I said...Oh no, I need to get out right now. They had to unlock and let me out. My wife rode alone.

Bronson55

TOT is my favorite. Mission space is probably one I won't do again. Getting up in years now but I remember going on it the first summer it was open. All those warning signs kept my wife from getting on so I went alone. My fear was getting sick which didn't happen. What I do remember was the rides great weightless and blast off simulation. Relieved that I didn't get sick I got off and made the exit walk. I remember sweating a bit and walking a little unsteady but tried to strut out like a macho astronaut. In actuality I was ghost white and all the blood had settled in my big toes. My wife was hysterical. Didn't feel quite ride the rest of the day.

PurpleDragon

There isn't really a "scary" ride in WDW, IMO. But as far as thrills go, I'd say ToT or RRC.

Dinosaur is thrilling in because the dinos are in your face and loud. Its not scary in the least, might make you jump a little due to the loudness, but nothing else.

NormC

Primeval Hurl. Scared to count the bruises after the ride. Tear that POS down and put a real coaster not a stupid Wild Mouse you can ride at any amusement park.

DfromATX

The Yeti on Expedition Everest reminds me of the abominable snowman from Rudolph.

Hey, he can be scary! When my now 21 year old son was 2 and watching that, when the abominable snowman came on he actually got scared and said, "Mama I don't like that. Turn it off!" I will never forget that as long as I live! :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom