Scariest Ride at WDW

barkerbird

Original Poster
In your opinion, what is the scariest ride on property?

I'm going to go with Dinosaur at AK. I'm not sure if it's because of how loud it is, or the AAs. If I could pick another, I'd say Everest...when the Yeti was functioning, lol.

Go!

GVentola

I haven't been on Tower of Terror--that sounds too scary for me. And I love Animal Kingdom's Dinosaur ride. But I do have an attraction in mind that I've been on only twice, years apart, and been absolutely horrified by. The Astro Orbiter in Tomorrowland. I should shrug it off and say it's just Dumbo on a roof. But being higher off the ground than a usual spinner, and the rocket buggies flying so fast through the air, and the feeling of insecurity when you feel the rocket's gonna throw you into midair and you'll plummet to your death, makes it terrifying. The one at Disneyland I can handle--it's planted on the ground, not a roof.

JIMINYCR

th
It used to be Alien Encounter.... now I guess I'd have to say Dinosaur gets my heart pumping but its not the scare factor that does it as much as the action of the ride vehicle. EE comes in second.

GVentola

I'm really amazed at the amount of attention Dinosaur is getting. (Not that I think bad of anybody here for choosing that one, or good on me.) Up until a few years ago, I refused to go on roller coasters or rides like Tower of Terror. Now I can handle full-fledged coasters, though I still haven't braved ToT. But I've been riding Dinosaur since back when it was Countdown to Extinction. I've found it scary--for a while, it seemed scarier each time I rode it--but I enjoy it and almost always go on it when I'm at Animal Kingdom. So, Dinosaur is more scary than ToT's 13 story drop? I'll have to keep that in mind next time Dad begs me to go on ToT with him!

DisneyPrincess5

The scariest ride for me personally would be Mission Space which I will never ride. I'm claustrophobic and afraid of being trapped so that's a no go and from what I've heard of the G experience...I'm good.
Alien Encounter was freaky due to the alien, effects, and also enclosed space.
And while I love it now, I didn't open my eyes on Haunted Mansion until I was about 24:cautious:

Last edited:

WDW_Emily

Mission Space. I was obsessed when it first opened and loved it the first time but as I got older, I liked the fight space less and less and the ride now I dread when someone in my group wants to go on that ride.

I used to be terrified of Dinosaur but after working the YES programs and going on dinosaur numerous times with a bunch of middle schoolers, I now find it hilarious.

DanielleOG

I haven't been on Tower of Terror--that sounds too scary for me. And I love Animal Kingdom's Dinosaur ride. But I do have an attraction in mind that I've been on only twice, years apart, and been absolutely horrified by. The Astro Orbiter in Tomorrowland. I should shrug it off and say it's just Dumbo on a roof. But being higher off the ground than a usual spinner, and the rocket buggies flying so fast through the air, and the feeling of insecurity when you feel the rocket's gonna throw you into midair and you'll plummet to your death, makes it terrifying. The one at Disneyland I can handle--it's planted on the ground, not a roof.

I completely agree! I went on it thinking "oh this will be nothing" and I wouldn't allow the spaceship to go any higher b/c I was totally freaked!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom