Scammers in the parks

dreamfinder912

I've had countless parents try and shove their kids (and now a days, themselves as well) in front of me for a parade. If you insist on being rude to me, I'll hand it right back.

Though I suppose I'm guilty of bad behavior too. If I'm waiting at my hotel bus stop for less time but in the sun (and closer to where the bus actually stops) as all the guests who got there before me are sitting in the benches in the shade, I'm getting on the bus.

jloucks

Line cutting confrontation happened just this past weekend at Six Flags. Two Indian guys let 10 other Indian folks cut in line. I called them on it. They looked me straight in the eye and said they didn't cut. I acted shocked and yelled "magic" loudly, while pointing. I accused them of being a band of magicians! The crowd was laughing. Security arrived, and a strange argument broke out. The 2 head cutting guys not only invaded my personal space but were so close our arms hairs kept rubbing. Lots of pointing and heated discussion. G rated because kids every where, which was funny in and of itself. It was actually kind of liberating. I think everybody was enjoying themselves. Then the weirdest call came from security, they sent them in line behind us and didn't kick them out! I spent the next 30 minutes hearing them talk in Hindi, but every few minutes I would hear the words "magicians" and "magic" spoken in clear English. Made me laugh.

So yes, if everybody just acts like sheep and allow themselves to be taken advantage of, it will happen. However if everyone calls people on their shenanigans, it will happen less.

jloucks

I've had countless parents try and shove their kids (and now a days, themselves as well) in front of me for a parade. If you insist on being rude to me, I'll hand it right back.

Though I suppose I'm guilty of bad behavior too. If I'm waiting at my hotel bus stop for less time but in the sun (and closer to where the bus actually stops) as all the guests who got there before me are sitting in the benches in the shade, I'm getting on the bus.

I don't really mind other people's kids in front of me, and will often times invite them if they are pressing up against my posterior. That is not however an invite for the adults in the party.

dreamfinder912

I don't really mind other people's kids in front of me, and will often times invite them if they are pressing up against my posterior. That is not however an invite for the adults in the party.

If they don't just assume I'll let them in I do offer it. But the families who don't let me offer? The ones who insist that by nature of having a child they get to go in front, or the ones who go with the kids? Nope.

bjlc57

My hubby and I won't travel to WDW anymore with my Mother (who is usually so wonderful) because she starts her own lines to cut people. Mostly for food. So she starts a line, when they all next she just says she was in line and cuts. It's super embarrassing and awful. She says she has earned it!!!! Needless to say we were shocked and won't be traveling with her anymore. When we tried telling her it was wrong she stormed off and said we were embarrassing her lol. So that was the last trip to Disney with her!
what type of MOTHER does. this? and WHAT TYPE OF EXAMPLE is she.. and what in her life has she done to "EARN IT".. was she Mother Teresa? obviously NOT.. but what example is that to the grand children as well.. Wow.. my dad would have SLAPPED ME SILLY at age 60 if he were alive and watched me do this.. and I MEAN IN FRONT OF MAIN STREET IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM.. this is unbelievable behavior and I applaud you FOR MAKING HER STAY HOME>. And TELL HER THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE ACROSS THE COUNTRY THAT AGREE WITH YOU AND NOT HER.. wow..

Smiley/OCD

That one hits close to home and I respect and appreciate that you declined. My cousin suffered from spinal bifida for years and I cannot tell you how many times we had to park in the road to unload him becuase the handicap spots were taken by cars with no stickers, or we would be unloading and watch a person walk right out and drive off. Its infuriating for those that actually need it. They might be empty alot but when they are needed they are truly needed.

.I'm a newbe at the threads, and I agree 100%!!...A little about myself...I'm 51, am 6'3" and weigh 160...NOT the normal scooter rider of 400 lbs. I have MS, and I CAN walk about 100' with a cane, then my leg gives out and I start walking like Frankenstein, dragging my foot. You don't know HOW guilty I feel, taking my scooter up to the entrance, and then walking up to the ride. I wish I had a sticker on my scooter that said I have MS, so MAYBE people wouldn't think I'm scamming... I'm just waiting for the time I hear someone mumbling under their breath about me trying to scam the system so I can just blast them...they know they (hopefully) will be able to walk their daughters down the aisle when they get married...I DON"T...They don't have to take injections 3 times a week that costs $7700.00 A MONTH (thank God for insurance)...

Nothing me off more than someone scamming the system, and I have to feel guilty about MY situation...I even refuse to get out of my scooter on the bus (even though you're supposed to) so there's one EXTRA seat.

I agree with you 100%!! The scammers ruin it for everyone...I'm a firm believer in someday having to answer for one's deeds....it might not be tonight, tomorrow or even in 10 years, but scammers will have to answer for themselves.

As far as dealing with the public, I worked in retail management for 30+ years (until my MS reared its "ugly head"), and I can show you the scars in my tongue where I had to bite it without getting loud with scamming customers. I have TOTAL respect for MOST retail workers. The creedo I always worked with is to do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer within reason...ONCE. Then I put my size 13 foot down, and KEPT it there.

It's a shame that back in the day, if you saw someone on a scooter or parked in a handicapped spot, you never gave it a second thought that they had a physical disability...now it's the OTHER way around.

My heart goes out to anyone with disabilities, and DETEST the scammers Keep fighting the good fight, don't EVER be afraid or embarrased to say something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stitchmon

A few years ago the missus and I were in line for JIYI (why, I don't know) but two people said their group was up ahead. Well, they did that all the way up to the front and just jumped in the ride car. Based on my astute powers of observation, I can assure you, there was no group waiting for them at the front. They had very smug looks on their faces as the ride started. I truly hope that 8 minutes of time you saved was worth it.

That is about 16 times the length I've waited on that ride, so I'd be happy lol

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
The lady who was trying to get her meal free ruined her kids experience at Crystal Palace. This truly went on for over an hour. They got in her in before her reservation but that was not enough for her. She had two managers at her table and at one point they called in security. Characters were skipping over her table and her kids looked mortified. Some people are so selfish.

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
On our most recent trip as well we were on line to meet Peter Pan and before a bunch of us had the chance to meet him a few teenage girls cut the line and Jumped in claiming they follow him on Instagram. So rude!

Stitchmon

My favorite two stories:

Maelstrom's queue where it's the high walls on either side as it's already narrow - had two kids from a Brazillian tour group push past us (literally, push. Think cats trying to get out of hugs). About 2 minutes later, 16 more show up and say their family is up ahead and start pushing through. My dad and I see them coming and stand shoulder to shoulder. One still managed to get through so my dad and I kinda widen our stances a little and strike a superhero pose to block all remaining space. Thankfully nobody tried crawling through my legs because I would've just dropped on them. After about 10 minutes of pushing at our backs, they gave up.

The other was while waiting for Illuminations. I am pretty sure we were by Mexico and were sitting/standing literally right up against the fence. After a while, a large family comes and sets up camp uncomfortably close (they still had quite a bit of space available they decided not to use. They were to my side as well as behind me. I got knees to the back, elbows to the side as the person next to me turned to hand things behind them, bright camera lights in my face, popcorn dropped repeatedly on me, etc. Final straw was right before the fireworks started and the obnoxious kid climbing all over the fence and running around just to come to a stop standing on the curb/my knee. Once he got out of my face, I checked behind me and saw they were the only ones behind me and were relatively short. Good ol' 6'4" me stood up for the entire show.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
o my, no. I actually had not thought about anyone thinking that was ok but after reading it ... there has to be a crazy story or two to go with it.
Mostly creepy dudes from where kissing is more culturally acceptable, but there are instances where it's just American dads that think they're entitled or funny or don't understand how interacting with people works.
And you would be SHOCKED at the amount of creeps that hit on Lisa Simpson. Seriously; it's weird.[/QUOTE]

Rachel S1321

what type of MOTHER does. this? and WHAT TYPE OF EXAMPLE is she.. and what in her life has she done to "EARN IT".. was she Mother Teresa? obviously NOT.. but what example is that to the grand children as well.. Wow.. my dad would have SLAPPED ME SILLY at age 60 if he were alive and watched me do this.. and I MEAN IN FRONT OF MAIN STREET IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM.. this is unbelievable behavior and I applaud you FOR MAKING HER STAY HOME>. And TELL HER THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE ACROSS THE COUNTRY THAT AGREE WITH YOU AND NOT HER.. wow..

It was shocking to say the least. Now we don't even tell her when we are going. I don't know if she was always like that and being a kid I didn't notice, or since all her kids are grown and she is aging if she is changing to be that way. Not how I raise mine though. We wait in all our lines. And actually enjoy that time together.

SayCheers!

Looking for a reality check, so please don't blast me: If I've been waiting in line with my family and suddenly my little one is doing the potty dance, if I duck out with him while my husband and daughter stay in line, and then return to join them, this is wrong? Should my family have to come to the end of the line and do the hour long wait again because someone's bladder couldn't hold it for the entire first hour we were waiting? If that's the case, some people would never get to ride anything because their capacity for "holding it" is less than the average wait time.

Is this truly a faux pas under any and all circumstances, or is it a case of people taking advantage of other's good will ruining it for everyone?

I've definitely planned ahead during the potty training years by using pull-ups even once they were done with them in normal circumstances, but eventually that doesn't work any more. I've got a teacher's bladder - so I can literally "hold it" for 6+ hours, but those kids in the early elementary stage don't have that capacity. Especially when I'm pushing fluids in that Florida heat.

Cautionary tale about holding it, funny & true: we convinced my 60-something grandmother to go on Space Mountain with us (almost 30 years ago now). As we got to the tube with the lighted arches she was so freaked out and laughing so hard she literally wet her pants.

So I ask you, better to put up with the potty break line jumpers, or would you rather hazard sitting in my grandmother's vacated seat? ;-)

The Mom

Premium Member

There's no need to shout.

EOD K9

Looking for a reality check, so please don't blast me: If I've been waiting in line with my family and suddenly my little one is doing the potty dance, if I duck out with him while my husband and daughter stay in line, and then return to join them, this is wrong? Should my family have to come to the end of the line and do the hour long wait again because someone's bladder couldn't hold it for the entire first hour we were waiting? If that's the case, some people would never get to ride anything because their capacity for "holding it" is less than the average wait time.

Is this truly a faux pas under any and all circumstances, or is it a case of people taking advantage of other's good will ruining it for everyone?

I've definitely planned ahead during the potty training years by using pull-ups even once they were done with them in normal circumstances, but eventually that doesn't work any more. I've got a teacher's bladder - so I can literally "hold it" for 6+ hours, but those kids in the early elementary stage don't have that capacity. Especially when I'm pushing fluids in that Florida heat.

Cautionary tale about holding it, funny & true: we convinced my 60-something grandmother to go on Space Mountain with us (almost 30 years ago now). As we got to the tube with the lighted arches she was so freaked out and laughing so hard she literally wet her pants.

So I ask you, better to put up with the potty break line jumpers, or would you rather hazard sitting in my grandmother's vacated seat? ;-)
I suppose if you are in the line, and as you are walking back make eye contact with others and say something like, "potty emergency, be right back" people will be more forgiving as they see you returning.

G00fyDad

You will be passing people on your way out that see your issue and shouldn't have a problem allowing you back in. A little child cannot hold it all the time so it is understandable. THAT is something I would move out of the way for every time. What I don't like are the teens/adults that cannot seem to stay with their party or who just cut the line because they think it is funny.

Cowboy Steve

You will be passing people on your way out that see your issue and shouldn't have a problem allowing you back in. A little child cannot hold it all the time so it is understandable. THAT is something I would move out of the way for every time. What I don't like are the teens/adults that cannot seem to stay with their party or who just cut the line because they think it is funny.
Agree 100%. Though most of the teens/adults do it more because they have the attention span of a gnat... and the concept of standing in line and the patience that entails is beyond them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom