Saw something interesting today at Epcot

Grotto123

Original Poster
I was walking around Epcot today I noticed in future world a bunch of imagineers walking around holding what looked like blue prints. First I saw them around mission space then over between the land pavilion and journey. I figured the mission space one was for the refurb but why would they be over by the land? And ideas ?

Phicinfan

I was walking around Epcot today I noticed in future world a bunch of imagineers walking around holding what looked like blue prints. First I saw them around mission space then over between the land pavilion and journey. I figured the mission space one was for the refurb but why would they be over by the land? And ideas ?
one rumor has some updates to Land, and Seas with the Epcot updates

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

If you must know. We were looking for more festival center space. Wonders of Life just can't handle the amount of merch we need you rubes to buy for Epcot to stay profitable. The working plan is to sell off everything in Energy, use those profits to buy folding tables and chairs, and turn that building into a seminar center. Therefore freeing up more space in the WoL building for retro merchandise.

$$$

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
If you must know. We were looking for more festival center space. Wonders of Life just can't handle the amount of merch we need you rubes to buy for Epcot to stay profitable. The working plan is to sell off everything in Energy, use those profits to buy folding tables and chairs, and turn that building into a seminar center. Therefore freeing up more space in the WoL building for retro merchandise.

$$$
I thought they were going to use the area to sell Universal Orlando merch as it is better quality and sells much better .

peter11435

How do you know they were imagineers?

peter11435

I doubt it was a bunch of day guests with blue prints so I'm sure it was somebody important somewhere ...
If it were imagineeing then yes it could be interesting. But there are other departments it could be that would be much less exciting. People here get excited thinking its imagineers with blueprints for new attractions, but it just as easily could be FAM with blueprints for replacing stinger boxes.

Kman101

If it were imagineeing then yes it could be interesting. But there are other departments it could be that would be much less exciting. People here get excited thinking its imagineers with blueprints for new attractions, but it just as easily could be FAM with blueprints for replacing stinger boxes.

Oh I'm sure it wasn't as exciting as the poster thought. I just can't imagine someone walking around with blueprints to fool guests but I guess stranger things have happened :D Actually sounds like a fun idea ...

But yeah, it could easily just be something very minor

peter11435

Oh I'm sure it wasn't as exciting as the poster thought. I just can't imagine someone walking around with blueprints to fool guests but I guess stranger things have happened :D Actually sounds like a fun idea ...

But yeah, it could easily just be something very minor
I doubt anyone was walking around trying to fool guests. There's just far more non glamorous work that goes into running the resort than people realize. Multiple different departments including FAM, RCID, even horticulture could be walking around with blueprints for ordinary mundane projects that nobody would get excited over.

Now that said it's possible they were WDI, which is why I asked the OP why he thought they were.

Clamman73

Probably looking at the current blueprints...whut...too mean?
Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 5.28.56 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom