Saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time ever

powlessfamily4

Beauty and the Beast is my daughters favorite. She saw it for the first time when she was 3. She is now 24. She is still in love with the movie and still collects Beauty and the Beast memorabilia. The only difference is now her collectable wish list costs $$$$$. :) We took a Mother daughter trip in December the week Fantasy-land officially opened. Sadly she was less then impressed with Enchanted Tales but loved BOG and Gastons Tavern. We did spend a week at a Deluxe (our first time) and attended MVMCP so she was still very happy!

DancingPhoenix

Beauty and the Beast is my daughters favorite. She saw it for the first time when she was 3. She is now 24. She is still in love with the movie and still collects Beauty and the Beast memorabilia. The only difference is now her collectable wish list costs $$$$$. :)

Sounds like you have a cool daughter :)

I wish I had the cash to spend on my own collection. But sadly I don't right now, and the expensive wishlists are certainly hard to check off :p

J03Y

i really don't want to sound mean or prude but i'm sorry... did you have a deprived childhood? :confused: Beauty and the Beast is a classic!

litaljohn

not quite lion king in effect or finding nemo, but beauty and the beast was pretty good in 3d as well. a nice little addition to make you want to watch it a bit more, and take it all as it comes at ya

bethymouse

There are many Disney Classics I haven't seen in a while. There are so many!:) I know my boys like certain ones, but BATB is one of my faves due to the fact that it stresses that "looks" should not matter, it's how the person is "inside" that counts!:)

Magenta Panther

I love BatB, but I wish its production hadn't been so rushed. If you compare its animation's quality to that of Pinocchio, Cinderella and Lady and the Tramp, it's pretty shabby. But it gets the job done, I suppose. (It doesn't help that, in the audio commentary version on the BatB DVD, the animators/producers keep apologizing for the animation. They even make jokes about some of it, like the "disappearing" bats. Kind of cringe-worthy).

Animaniac93-98

I love BatB, but I wish its production hadn't been so rushed. If you compare its animation's quality to that of Pinocchio, Cinderella and Lady and the Tramp, it's pretty shabby. But it gets the job done, I suppose. (It doesn't help that, in the audio commentary version on the BatB DVD, the animators/producers keep apologizing for the animation. They even make jokes about some of it, like the "disappearing" bats. Kind of cringe-worthy).

I doubt many Disney fans know that movies like Beast, Mermaid and Aladdin were not made at the Disney Studios in Burbank, but in some thrown together trailer park-like setting elsewhere in town and had much smaller budgets and shorter production schedules (but long working hours) and fewer staff members than previous or latter Disney animated features. This explains why there are many instances of "off model" characters (especially Aladdin himself) and why the background characters and details, like in in BatB, are not very well done (just compare Belle at the fountain with the women behind her).

That they produced anything decent looking under these conditions is a great achievement on to itself.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I'm glad I never saw it, It gave me something new to see during the Disney Dark Ages. That is excluding Pixar. I wouldnt have watched it but my sister was sick all day and wanted me to watch it. It was nice to see something for the first time during a shortage of good movies. In a year or to I will dig out another classic I havent seen yet :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom