Save the Adventurers Club

shoppingnut

If you sit there and do nothing you have no right to complain about anything they end up putting in that spot. It's the same as if someone doesn't vote and yet sits there and complains about the elected officials.

Last time I checked, I still lived in the US and if I want to voice my opinion on something I have the freedom to do so. Therefore, anyone who says it's a waste of time, well it's MY time to waste and you have nothing to say about it.

Thiger

I concur,
hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I think with all the Hoopla we're generating that they may include a new AC somewhere, whether its in a resort, revised AK or 5th Gate.

Keep the faith,
although I've sent about 5 emails, I keep getting the same triggered messages but i dont care. What I care about is that somewhere there has to be someone saying 'wow, we're still getting messages about the AC'

lets hope and pray!

Brwneyedgirl72

:brick: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. Some things are worth fighting for, and this is one of them.

This is an open forum for people to say what they want - whether you agree with them or not. Just because I can accept the reality of PI and AC closing, doesn't mean that I "don't have anything nice to say". Just because I am not being a cheerleader, doesn't mean that I don't have the right to speak my mind. And for the record - I did not insult anyone or say anything offensive. Just like you - I have an opinon and chose to voice it.

Buried20KLeague

I concur,
hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I think with all the Hoopla we're generating that they may include a new AC somewhere, whether its in a resort, revised AK or 5th Gate.

Keep the faith,
although I've sent about 5 emails, I keep getting the same triggered messages but i dont care. What I care about is that somewhere there has to be someone saying 'wow, we're still getting messages about the AC'

lets hope and pray!

<ahem>

HOOPLA!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
This is an open forum for people to say what they want - whether you agree with them or not. Just because I can accept the reality of PI and AC closing, doesn't mean that I "don't have anything nice to say". Just because I am not being a cheerleader, doesn't mean that I don't have the right to speak my mind. And for the record - I did not insult anyone or say anything offensive. Just like you - I have an opinon and chose to voice it.

You are correct in your larger point -- you have as much right to your opinion about writing letters and mounting a campaign to save the AC as others do about theirs. But forgive me, your way of stating it is, in fact, insulting. "Just because I accept the reality..." is insulting.

Many believe that writing letters is a waste of time. Many others believe it is not a waste of time. It isn't about accepting or not accepting reality, or decisions, or the right of the Walt Disney Company to do as they place. Rather, it is about whether one feels that writing a letter to express his or her opinion is a good and useful thing to do or not.

CaptainMichael

You come on a thread full of hopeful Adventurers just to say "what's done is done" and "let it go". What's the point? Seriously:shrug: You make inflammatory remarks with absolutely no substance. Yes, the clubs are currently closing on Sept 28, but then again, there are rumors that there are no official replacements (with contracts). You weren't stating an opinion, you were trying to make facts. While it may not make a difference in the end, we have turned some heads, and that makes the fight worth it for me.

And in response to other posters...HOOPLA!:lol:

Thurp

Come on folks. Let's stay on topic or this thread is going to close.

For those like me who want to see the club to remain open, expanded or relocated, please write letters. Emails are nice. Letters are better. All it takes is to write a short and polite letter expressing your point of view, print it, change the name of the recipient and repeat. Stuff some envelopes and put them in your mailbox for the mailman to pick them up.

We are talking an hour of your time. It may not get us anywhere, but there is no shame in trying. We are reckless, brave, and loyal, and valiant to the end.

kingslyZISSOU

If I may offer some advice, If you send the letters in a more expensive manor, (like express mail overnight) It will be seen as more important. It will basically have a better chance of getting noticed, instead of just being thrown away

Disneykidder

I knew they were all closing but when I received my packet it confirmed it. There is a slip in there that says Sept. 28. It is very sad but it looks like it's a go. I will be there next month for one last time.

nibblesandbits

It's not as if we don't know that the club isn't closing...it's not like we thing we really have a shot of actually changing anything. However, the point is, you really never do know unless you act.

The point is, Disney is a business, but it's business is related to the guests who visit their properties. The Disney company has every right to know when it's consumers are unhappy with one of their decision.

It happens at my job. If someone is unhappy, they let us know. And they spend a lot less money where I work then they would on a Disney vacation.

You are correct in your larger point -- you have as much right to your opinion about writing letters and mounting a campaign to save the AC as others do about theirs. But forgive me, your way of stating it is, in fact, insulting. "Just because I accept the reality..." is insulting.

Many believe that writing letters is a waste of time. Many others believe it is not a waste of time. It isn't about accepting or not accepting reality, or decisions, or the right of the Walt Disney Company to do as they place. Rather, it is about whether one feels that writing a letter to express his or her opinion is a good and useful thing to do or not.

Thank you...that was very well stated.

I have to agree with other posters though. It really does disrupt the magic when you interrupt the CMs doing their job or interfering with other guest's enjoyment of the club. My theory...be happy you're getting to visit...but keep the campaigning either outside or online.

Club Cooloholic

I really think Dinsey is making a huge mistake by closing Pleasure Island in general. Las Vegas learned years ago that catering to families is not the way to make the big bucks. I realize Disney is not Vegas, but parents were more inclined to get a sitter or have their kids spend a night at the kids club and head to pleasure island, and maybe drink a little more than they would with the little ones around. Now that won't be an option.

My wife and I (no kids yet) are going in September, and were specificly looking forward to Pleasure Island because the clubs would be an oasis from the little kids. There are plenty of places to eat and drink in Disney with your kids with you.

Next year, a couple going to Orlando with no kids, is MUCH MORE inclined to consider staying at Universal where you still have CityWalk.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
So a quick quiz, which of the below looks like the better use of the island situated between The Marketplace and The West Side?

A.
DolbeRestaraunt.jpg

or

B.
PleasureIslandNewYearsEve.jpg

There is still time for this travesty of “Destruction of Disney Theming” for quick profit to be rectified, please continue to send your letters to Disney Executives, letting them know what the Disney Guests actually want.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Thelazer

As much as I hate to say this.. it's a done deal folks.
no letters can stop it now..... one way or the other it's all getting shut down and left to mold and rot until sometime in Feb 09.

For those who are thinking it, please do not try to steal items from the club.

Plan clothes security has been increased due to recent theft of items.

Also, please be aware that the cast members are trying to make the best of this and many have not yet been able to line up new jobs.

Please be kind to the Cm's. Just smile and let them do there job while they can.
You'll likely have some poor CM in tears backstage if you attempt to debate them inside of the adventures club and ask them “what are they going to do next.”

No campouts, or liberations of the kernel from his pedestal are needed.

Beyond that. Plans are shaping up for a little going away party on the last night. With luck, maybe some of our old friends will make an appearance and we might even see a favorite band return for a night.

TOCPE82

Doesn't mean we still can't try.

Getting to the right people is a serious part of what we need to do. Make them know that this will not stand, and that our money will be going elsewhere.

I for one won't spend a dime at DTD again if this closes. I can find everything I need in the parks.

nibblesandbits

I can tell you I recieved a phone call today from the Disney company regarding the letter I sent. I didn't answer, but they left a voicemail. Basically told me they'd recieved my message, that they would keep my opinions in mind, that the club was still closing, etc. But it was nice to have at least gotten a message.

CaptainMichael

I can tell you I recieved a phone call today from the Disney company regarding the letter I sent. I didn't answer, but they left a voicemail. Basically told me they'd recieved my message, that they would keep my opinions in mind, that the club was still closing, etc. But it was nice to have at least gotten a message.

I'm still waiting for a phone call. I got a generic email response sent to me, but addressed to someone else (with said person's original email).:shrug:

Master Gracey

Original Poster
As much as I hate to say this.. it's a done deal folks.
no letters can stop it now..... one way or the other it's all getting shut down and left to mold and rot until sometime in Feb 09.

Well of course its a done deal...If we let it become one! That is why letters need to be continuously sent to the powers that be (and as per Peter David's suggestion, http://peterdavid.malibulist.com/archives/006342.html, with maps, to indicate "that Disney has lost its sense of direction, and as dedicated adventurers, we can do nothing less than help them find their way"). Also, if the Pleasure Island Clubs are being left "to mold and rot until sometime in Feb 09" then this campaign can continue well past Sept 27 with the possibility of the Adventurers Club re-opening where it belongs, along the shores of Lake Buena Vista! Remember, The Disney Co. wanted the issue to vanish over the weekend this atrocity was announced, and so far things have not gone according to their plans. Let us continue to disrupt their plan, for as long as the issue stays alive, we have a fighting chance!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

TOCPE82

Tactics

Save the Adventurer's Club Strategies

1. Letter Writing

Write a letter to voice your concerns. Emails are great, and should be written, but because of their electronic nature, they can also be easily ignored. A form letter is fine, but writing from the heart is the best way to go. It shows that you are willing to take the time to physically write a letter and apply postage to make sure your concerns are heard. The addresses of the right people can be found here:

http://kungalooshforever.com/addresses.html

Be respectful, but firm. Let them know that you won't be spending your money, or as much money at WDW, especially at DTD as a whole. Be sure to specifically mention the good times and unique experiences you've had. Also, include photos of you enjoying the club(s). Some have even suggested sending in old maps or (paper) tribal masks.

2. Sales Slowdown

There is really no reason to purchase things at DTD necessarily. The vast majority of items at downtown Disney can be purchased at numerous other locations on Disney Property. Avoid spending money down there (Except PI and the AC). If you must purchase something, this is the suggested protocol:

Me: "Mr./Ms. CM, I'd love to purchase this. Could I speak to someone in charge? I'd like a few moments of their time."

CM: "Sure."

Me: "Mr./Ms. Manager, I would love to purchase this. However, given the current situation with PI/CW/AC, I refuse to spend another dollar at DTD until the situation is resolved. Could you assist me in locating this item elsewhere on the resort? I will go and purchase this item from the other location directly. Could you also convey to your management and Kevin Landsberry that you have customers that are directly refusing to spend their money at DTD because of the current PI/CW/AC situation? In return, I would be happy to phone call or e-mail whoever you'd like to let them know of the outstanding service I've received from you today."

Be respectful, but firm. They will be happy to assist you, because guest satisfaction is a huge concern of all DTD managers. This will also have the added benefit of tying up their time as well as hitting DTD where it hurts: The Bottom Line ($)

3. Phone Calls

There are two different types of phone calls that need to be made. The first type can be made by anyone.

3-1. Call Kevin Lansberry at (407) 828 - 4591 and leave him a message. This is his private and secure voicemail number. If you leave a phone number, they will most surely call you back and try to "sell" you off of your concerns using copious amounts of pixie dust and doublespeak. Tell them that this is unacceptable, again being respectful but firm. Mentioning a declining level of satisfaction with your Disney World trips couldn't hurt either.

3-2. When you are at the resort, call guest services from your room telephone and voice your concerns. Ask to recieve a call back from Kevin Lansberry or Meg Crofton personally. They may not actually return your call, but rest assured someone will. This not only shows them our resolve, but it also ties up their time and office staff doing rudamenary tasks that are usually shoved onto Guest Services cast members.

4. Resarchers / Guest Services

While on Disney property actively seek out Disney Research cast members and ask to take their survey. This is especially important when at Downtown Disney. Be sure to always rate your experience as poor, and for the reason, state the closing of the AC/CW/PI. These are the surveys Disney uses when they use the "Our Guests Say they want...." excuses.

In addition, stop at every Guest Services location you pass to lodge a formal complaint there. The cast members who work there are there to rectify problems and keep guests happy. A flood of upset guests regarding an issue will get it noiced. It is important to do this every time you go, many many times per trip. The more of their time we waste, and the more they hear us complain, the more high profile our cause becomes.

5. Anouncements / Busses and Guerilla Marketing

While on our trips to WDW, it is imperative that we spread the word to other guests we encounter on our stay. It is important to note that this does not mean we need to harass other guests and ruin their experience, but during a day in the parks most people strike up casual conversations with other guests during which the subject of the AC closing and what they can do about it can be brought up. You don't need to lecture them, but a quick mention of something they can do about it will help. Grow our numbers.

Disney's bus system is a great resource. Thousands of people traveling, very little going on and for the most part, quiet. One could simply make an anouncement that the AC/PI/CW is closing on Sept. 27th and that a great piece of what makes Disney, Disney will be lost. Make it clear we are not asking for money, simply a moment of their time to tell them what they can do to help our (and now hopefully their) cause.

Wear a pin, shirt, sticker, etc. supporting the AC/CW/PI. Not only will it strike up conversations about our efforts, but you'll clearly be one of the most dapper individuals around.

6. DVC Members and serious prospective Members

The first step is to have all current DVC Members call the DVC Member Services line at 1-800-800-9800 and let them know that you are not happy about this decision as a member, and that it will affect your decision to buy more points and/or reccomend the DVC to friends. They may mention that your real complaint it with Disney, and not the DVC. Do not accept this. Tell them that WDW and the DVC are the same company and that company is not treating is doing its best customers a HUGE disservice by closing down PI/AC/CW. They will list your name and tell you that your concerns have been heard. Also, be sure to contact your Sales Guide and DVC president Jim Lewis.

The CMs manning the DVC kiosks across the resort can't do anything to help our cause. Their job is to get potential customer's information into the DVC computer system & to get potential customers over to Saratoga Springs for a sales presentation. What prospective members can do is to go on a sales presentation, listen to what the guide has to say and then tell them something like this:

"I could be interested in what you have to offer. I want to think about it for a while. However, there is one thing I do want to make clear to DVC: For such an expensive purchase (current entry price is around $16K), I have an expectation that Disney will provide some sort of (evening) adult entertainment area as part of the resort that is not an additional shopping venue. I am watching the problems over at the Downtown Disney area carefully & if I see adult entertainment venues such as the CW & AC being eliminated, it will directly impact my decision to purchase a DVC ownership interest. Could you convey this message back to DVC management by e-mail & copy Kevin Landsberry on the e-mail?"

With the summer vacation season, Disney is now into one of their peak DVC selling periods. There are a limited number of DVC sales presentations each day. If you start cutting into these presentations with people who won't buy due to Mr. Landsberry's new strip mall project, it will get their attention. Remember, DVC is the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Remember, if we do all this our impact will be felt.

CaptainMichael

Save the Adventurer's Club Strategies

1. Letter Writing

Write a letter to voice your concerns. Emails are great, and should be written, but because of their electronic nature, they can also be easily ignored. A form letter is fine, but writing from the heart is the best way to go. It shows that you are willing to take the time to physically write a letter and apply postage to make sure your concerns are heard. The addresses of the right people can be found here:

http://kungalooshforever.com/addresses.html

Be respectful, but firm. Let them know that you won't be spending your money, or as much money at WDW, especially at DTD as a whole. Be sure to specifically mention the good times and unique experiences you've had. Also, include photos of you enjoying the club(s). Some have even suggested sending in old maps or (paper) tribal masks.

2. Sales Slowdown

There is really no reason to purchase things at DTD necessarily. The vast majority of items at downtown Disney can be purchased at numerous other locations on Disney Property. Avoid spending money down there (Except PI and the AC). If you must purchase something, this is the suggested protocol:

Me: "Mr./Ms. CM, I'd love to purchase this. Could I speak to someone in charge? I'd like a few moments of their time."

CM: "Sure."

Me: "Mr./Ms. Manager, I would love to purchase this. However, given the current situation with PI/CW/AC, I refuse to spend another dollar at DTD until the situation is resolved. Could you assist me in locating this item elsewhere on the resort? I will go and purchase this item from the other location directly. Could you also convey to your management and Kevin Landsberry that you have customers that are directly refusing to spend their money at DTD because of the current PI/CW/AC situation? In return, I would be happy to phone call or e-mail whoever you'd like to let them know of the outstanding service I've received from you today."

Be respectful, but firm. They will be happy to assist you, because guest satisfaction is a huge concern of all DTD managers. This will also have the added benefit of tying up their time as well as hitting DTD where it hurts: The Bottom Line ($)

3. Phone Calls

There are two different types of phone calls that need to be made. The first type can be made by anyone.

3-1. Call Kevin Lansberry at (407) 828 - 4591 and leave him a message. This is his private and secure voicemail number. If you leave a phone number, they will most surely call you back and try to "sell" you off of your concerns using copious amounts of pixie dust and doublespeak. Tell them that this is unacceptable, again being respectful but firm. Mentioning a declining level of satisfaction with your Disney World trips couldn't hurt either.

3-2. When you are at the resort, call guest services from your room telephone and voice your concerns. Ask to recieve a call back from Kevin Lansberry or Meg Crofton personally. They may not actually return your call, but rest assured someone will. This not only shows them our resolve, but it also ties up their time and office staff doing rudamenary tasks that are usually shoved onto Guest Services cast members.

4. Resarchers / Guest Services

While on Disney property actively seek out Disney Research cast members and ask to take their survey. This is especially important when at Downtown Disney. Be sure to always rate your experience as poor, and for the reason, state the closing of the AC/CW/PI. These are the surveys Disney uses when they use the "Our Guests Say they want...." excuses.

In addition, stop at every Guest Services location you pass to lodge a formal complaint there. The cast members who work there are there to rectify problems and keep guests happy. A flood of upset guests regarding an issue will get it noiced. It is important to do this every time you go, many many times per trip. The more of their time we waste, and the more they hear us complain, the more high profile our cause becomes.

5. Anouncements / Busses and Guerilla Marketing

While on our trips to WDW, it is imperative that we spread the word to other guests we encounter on our stay. It is important to note that this does not mean we need to harass other guests and ruin their experience, but during a day in the parks most people strike up casual conversations with other guests during which the subject of the AC closing and what they can do about it can be brought up. You don't need to lecture them, but a quick mention of something they can do about it will help. Grow our numbers.

Disney's bus system is a great resource. Thousands of people traveling, very little going on and for the most part, quiet. One could simply make an anouncement that the AC/PI/CW is closing on Sept. 27th and that a great piece of what makes Disney, Disney will be lost. Make it clear we are not asking for money, simply a moment of their time to tell them what they can do to help our (and now hopefully their) cause.

Wear a pin, shirt, sticker, etc. supporting the AC/CW/PI. Not only will it strike up conversations about our efforts, but you'll clearly be one of the most dapper individuals around.

6. DVC Members and serious prospective Members

The first step is to have all current DVC Members call the DVC Member Services line at 1-800-800-9800 and let them know that you are not happy about this decision as a member, and that it will affect your decision to buy more points and/or reccomend the DVC to friends. They may mention that your real complaint it with Disney, and not the DVC. Do not accept this. Tell them that WDW and the DVC are the same company and that company is not treating is doing its best customers a HUGE disservice by closing down PI/AC/CW. They will list your name and tell you that your concerns have been heard. Also, be sure to contact your Sales Guide and DVC president Jim Lewis.

The CMs manning the DVC kiosks across the resort can't do anything to help our cause. Their job is to get potential customer's information into the DVC computer system & to get potential customers over to Saratoga Springs for a sales presentation. What prospective members can do is to go on a sales presentation, listen to what the guide has to say and then tell them something like this:

"I could be interested in what you have to offer. I want to think about it for a while. However, there is one thing I do want to make clear to DVC: For such an expensive purchase (current entry price is around $16K), I have an expectation that Disney will provide some sort of (evening) adult entertainment area as part of the resort that is not an additional shopping venue. I am watching the problems over at the Downtown Disney area carefully & if I see adult entertainment venues such as the CW & AC being eliminated, it will directly impact my decision to purchase a DVC ownership interest. Could you convey this message back to DVC management by e-mail & copy Kevin Landsberry on the e-mail?"

With the summer vacation season, Disney is now into one of their peak DVC selling periods. There are a limited number of DVC sales presentations each day. If you start cutting into these presentations with people who won't buy due to Mr. Landsberry's new strip mall project, it will get their attention. Remember, DVC is the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Remember, if we do all this our impact will be felt.

Very nice, informative post. I've done the letters and phone calls, but it may be time for another round.

Scooter

God bless ya'll for trying...

...but this ship has sailed.

You can call, e-mail, write, cuss, and complain, but I have worked with Corporations all my life, and all my experiances, in the end, they always get their way.

This thread soooo reminds me of the Mr Toads Wild Ride situation.
So many people tried for so long to get Disney to not close the attraction down at WDW...but unfortunately the Disney people don't listen to the masses, they analyze the numbers...and thats all they care about.

Again...good luck with your endeaver....but don't be too upset if it's all for naught....I've been there and done that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom