Save the Adventurers Club

Thiger

Signed the petition, emailed the website and the contact addresses placed here...

I've received the general triggered message 'someone will get back to you'

at least its something and I know I did my part

I'm also planning to rock out at the AC on the week of the 14th, come out say hi!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
I will never understand why naysayers waste their time in opening up a post read through it, disagree with it and then throw in a quick jab to the principals of the original post.

i.e.:

:brick:

Honestly, how many times do we need to hear this?? Please don't make this another ZOMBIE THREAD(The threads that just won't die!!)...

All the petitions in the world won't save AC at this point. Even if it did, it would only delay the inevitable, as much as we would like it to stay. Sure petitions and write-in campaigns might have worked for some TV shows, but they didn't last long after they were renewed...

Put a fork in this one.. Sadly, it is done:(..

or

Remember Save Toad...?

No amount of emails or petitions will stop them:fork:

Honestly, if you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread, please restrain yourself, move on and read another next topic.

I am just as aware as everyone that this campaign is a long shot, but how is anyone to know what can be done unless we try. I've always believed that The Disney Company was supposed to listen to its public, (Walt did for goodness sake, otherwise the Jungle Cruise would still be an educational attraction) and while they have not in the recent past, we can only hope that this time they will. Please Adventurers, do not give up hope until Sept. 28th when, if the need arises, a new campaign along the lines of "Bring Back The Adventurers Club" will be unveiled. We still have time to correct one of Disney's biggest mistakes.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

wdwfan100

I will never understand why naysayers waste their time in opening up a post read through it, disagree with it and then throw in a quick jab to the principals of the original post.

i.e.:

or

Honestly, if you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread, please restrain yourself, move on and read another next topic.

I am just as aware as everyone that this campaign is a long shot, but how is anyone to know what can be done unless we try. I've always believed that The Disney Company was supposed to listen to its public, (Walt did for goodness sake, otherwise the Jungle Cruise would still be an educational attraction) and while they have not in the recent past, we can only hope that this time they will. Please Adventurers, do not give up hope until Sept. 28th when, if the need arises, a new campaign along the lines of "Bring Back The Adventurers Club" will be unveiled. We still have time to correct one of Disney's biggest mistakes.

KUNGALOOSH!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Not that I am against differing opinion. However, this thread seemed to illiminate the need for that due to the title to save the AC. If you don't want to help save it, don't open the thread

Rosso11

If you guys really want Disney to notice your campaign you can't just go to Disney directly. Disney can simply throw away your letters. What you need to do is get to the media. Every way you possibly can get the media involved to write stories about this. This is the one thing Disney is scared of and thats why they released this information on a Friday afternoon, to bury the story. There are thousands of us on these Disney boards throughout the world many of whom I am sure are involved or know someone who is involved in the media in one form or another. The more media that gets involved the more presure will be put on Disney. We need to also use other Disney sites not just this one to get the word out. Probably the most influential person on the internet for Disney is Al Lutz. We need to get as many people on board as possible to write stories about this and get the word out. This is your only chance to save the Adventurers Club.

JLW11Hi

Ultimately, you are at least going to let the people that handle these letters know your stance on the matter. Even if they barely read it and throw it away, you've already gotten your point accross: The Adventurer's Club is closing and people are not happy about it.

disnyfan89

Anything can happen if you let it! I have personally signed both petitions and believe that as long as people have faith there is always a chance. I know that I have faith, after all I also started my own petition to save the character dinner at Liberty Tree. Even if you don't think the petition will work you can at least lend your support and sign the petition. And while your at it, if you could sign mine as well it would mean a lot to me.

EpcotServo

Anything can happen if you let it! I have personally signed both petitions and believe that as long as people have faith there is always a chance. I know that I have faith, after all I also started my own petition to save the character dinner at Liberty Tree. Even if you don't think the petition will work you can at least lend your support and sign the petition. And while your at it, if you could sign mine as well it would mean a lot to me.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fCw2Q-t8g5o&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src=http://www.youtube.com/v/fCw2Q-t8g5o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:lol:

Sorry, I just had too.

BrandonDeHoyos

Call The Disney Executives--directly! Today!

We can do more than just sign petitions. We need to do more than just email letters. We need to write, in our very hand, directly to Disney executives--and then, we need to call them.

On the "Save the Adventurers Club" radio show (http://blogtalkradio.com/savepi), we advocate the following:

CALL Downtown Disney Vice President Kevin Lansberry (407-828-4591) and Barry Carlson, General Manager of Operations (407-934-6688). These numbers are their PERSONAL VOICEMAIL NUMBERS.

Use this phone script or adapt for your own purposes:

"Hello (Barry or Kevin),

My name is (Your Name Here) and I am a patron of Pleasure Island/The Adventurers Club. I was calling to let you know while we appreciate the Disney Company's concern for building a better guest experience, I hope you will respectively re-consider the plans to close this Downtown Disney attraction.

I am considering taking my business outside of Disney if this plan goes through.

Thanks!"

nibblesandbits

I for one know this is a long shot...however, we do have another instance in which the fans were instrumental in bringing something back and that was Figment. Without the fans the Imagination pavillion would probably not have that lovable dragon back in it...

now sure, these are tad different circumstances...however, it doesn't hurt anything to send letters and that's what I intend to do.

Cmdr_Crimson

Soo...I guess the House of Wong doesn't want to help fund the club anymore...They somehow have been saving their keisters since 1937!

meowmarie

Subject: EMERGENCY EPISODE OF SAVE AC RADIO--TONIGHT!

If ever there was a time we needed every minute of the radio show filled, it is tonight. After a long hiatus, we are back tonight after a short but critical fight with our BlogTalkRadio network, who dropped the show because of an email complaint.

CALL TONIGHT! 11:30 p.m. EST (AC TIME!)
http://blogtalkradio.com/savepi

CaptainMichael

If ever there was a time we needed every minute of the radio show filled, it is tonight. After a long hiatus, we are back tonight after a short but critical fight with our BlogTalkRadio network, who dropped the show because of an email complaint.

I'm listening right now. Very interesting rumors. I'm not sure there should be any movement to "fire Bob Iger" though. Very counterproductive.

nuttyskadork

I never did get a chance to see the AC when I was there in April. In fact I didn't go to any of the clubs in PI. I was in line for a bit to Motion and it seemed pretty lame. I know on the PI Radio they play songs from different clubs, so I heard them play Finger Elevens Paralyzer, sure enough none of the clubs were playing it. I was slightly aghast that they had no rock bar at all.

Master Gracey

Original Poster

According to the "Save The Adventurers Club" Facebook Group messages, the Executives are begining to monitor the program. So "every voice is needed to fill every minute. Bring your opinions and lets ask the executives to save the Adventurers Club/Pleasure Island".

Tonight, 11 p.m. EST (that's Florida time, ya'll! Adjust for your own state... 10 p.m. CST (Texas), 9 p.m. Mountain (Utah), 8 p.m. Pacific (California).

Friday night, from 10 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. EST (again, adjust to your own time slots if you're not in Lake Buena Vista, FL.)

CALL IN NUMBER (CALL FROM WHEREEVER YOU HAVE A SIGNAL!!!): (347) 633-9577

P.S: POST THIS ON EVERY DISNEY BOARD YOU CAN THINK OF. EMAIL EVERYONE. DON'T STOP.

KUNGALOOSH!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Here is the new Facebook Group Message concerning the "Save the Adventurers Club" Radio Show:

"TONIGHT'S SHOW: STEVE JOBS MAY BE IN THE AUDIENCE

Everyone,

Tonight, our final show of the week, may very well include Apple CEO
Steve Jobs as an audience, maybe a caller, according to an email I
received from an executive at Apple.

This executive told Steve about our fight and Steve said he'd consider,
from what I've been told; HOWEVER, I am not going to verbalize this as
much as I am going to ask him for help on tonight's program.

AND I NEED YOUR HELP.

If we have dead air at all tonight, he might think its not a real fight
and might care less...BUT, if we fill those precious 90 minutes with our
stories and our suggestions--and of course--Apple/iPod/iPhone worship,
we might stand a chance haha

TONIGHT! 10 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. EST TIME (Florida Time!)
STUDIO LINE--CALL IN: (347) 633-9577

--Brandon (Executive Producer, Host)

P.S: PASS THIS ON!"

KUNGALOOSH!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I've personally listened to this show the last 2 nights and it's becoming very popular. Nice work :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom