Save Off kilter

RMichael21

850 members strong in 50 hours!!!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/364817680340041?ref=bookmark

Come join our group as we overflow disney with emails in support of this great act!!!
I hate to break your bubble, but a thousand emails from a group of Disney Fans isn't going to get Off Kilter back. Disney is a massive company and budget cuts are necessary in any organization. I love Off Kilter, but iff Disney thinks it's for the best for them too leave, it's for the best.

Cmdr_Crimson

Look if they couldn't save a club filled Island. They won't save the Entertainment for Epcot....

Ironically they offically get cut one day earlier to the 6 year Anniversary when the clubs closed...

Last edited:

cw1982

I hate to break your bubble, but a thousand emails from a group of Disney Fans isn't going to get Off Kilter back. Disney is a massive company and budget cuts are necessary in any organization. I love Off Kilter, but iff Disney thinks it's for the best for them too leave, it's for the best.

Respectfully, how many decisions has Disney made lately that appear to not be "for the best?"

I agree that a Facebook campaign may not have the desired outcome, but not because the change is for the best. Budget cuts seldom, if ever, result in improvements.

I do hope the group gets signed on at DtD or somewhere nearby soon, though. Clearly, they are popular enough that their fans would follow them.

squidward

I agree it probably won't help. However, where's the harm in trying? I'm not even a fan and I joined. To me it's more about the bigger issue of Disney being so cheap. If things like this start to hit the news which they often do, it looks awful on a company like Disney, no matter what spin they try to put on it.

ETA: Group now has over 1,700 members.

Last edited:

BoarderPhreak

Look how much crap we gave Disney over the Poly... Yet the walls went up. Or look at FW @ EC in general. Disney doesn't care about our opinions, they'll fill the place one way or the other. It's when that stops happening that we might get their attention.

cw1982

Maybe the Off Kilter band members are ready to hang it up? Ever consider that?

People who are in the know have already confirmed that this group being cut, along with the others around the same date, are being let go due to budget cuts. These groups are all being replaced with cheaper acts.

Last edited:

copcarguyp71

They are all being replaced with cheaper acts.

Has it been proven that they are cheaper or is that speculation by those waxing nostalgic? I am not being confrontational as I am entirely neutral about the change but just wondering what the facts are.

JIMINYCR

Look how much crap we gave Disney over the Poly... Yet the walls went up. Or look at FW @ EC in general. Disney doesn't care about our opinions, they'll fill the place one way or the other. It's when that stops happening that we might get their attention.

Unfortunately there arent enough of us Off Kilter fans complaining or able to make an impact to make a difference to Disney. The majority of guests could care less about whether Off Kilter or another group were playing, as long as something is there to entertain them. We always stayed through their entire sets but the majority of guests stop momentarily to listen and then they are off onto something else. It would be different if it were a paid ticketed event that Disney could see some kind of revenue coming in or it guaranteed an added number of guests coming into the park to see them. We will miss them but to the vast number of Disney guests they will be "that band in the kilts that we saw one time".

cw1982

Has it been proven that they are cheaper or is that speculation by those waxing nostalgic? I am not being confrontational as I am entirely neutral about the change but just wondering what the facts are.

That's admittedly an inference on my part, but @marni1971 did confirm that these acts are being let go due to budget cuts and we know that Disney has announced their replacements. If the replacements were not going to cost Disney less money, they wouldn't be coming in as part of a budget cut. I don't see how anything else could be true at that point.

copcarguyp71

Long and short of this entire thread and many others like it is unless it hits their pocketbook they will truly not care one bit...IMHO. If we (Disneyphiles) keep going back and complaining about how disappointed we were then we still went back and that begets and even feeds into the issue. If you are dissatisfied then don't go, THAT is the only way anything will ever change.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Respectfully, how many decisions has Disney made lately that appear to not be "for the best?"

I agree that a Facebook campaign may not have the desired outcome, but not because the change is for the best. Budget cuts seldom, if ever, result in improvements.

I do hope the group gets signed on at DtD or somewhere nearby soon, though. Clearly, they are popular enough that their fans would follow them.

When Elliott Dyson was originally cut from Scat's at the FQ he was quickly snarfed up by a City Walk venue.
Depending on what they would request for compensation I could imagine Uni has quickly analyzed if Kilter would be feasible.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's admittedly an inference on my part, but @marni1971 did confirm that these acts are being let go due to budget cuts and we know that Disney has announced their replacements. If the replacements were not going to cost Disney less money, they wouldn't be coming in as part of a budget cut. I don't see how anything else could be true at that point.

From what my son has told me it is a two fold issue and of course the dollars rule. The release is also an opportunity to do what DL is doing and trying to limit the impact of locals within the parks. Curtailing the large following Kilter has with the locals similar also to the issue once at the FQ resort with Scat's being clogged with locals vs for guests at the resort. If Disney has a cult-ish following congesting an area of a park or resort by the same AP guests loitering for long periods repeatedly and the vacationing guests on a whole will enjoy a good band that isn't Kilter that it is cheaper Disney is going to go for that and fix two issues, cost and groupies with one change in entertainment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom