Sassagoula Floatworks Rennovation Thoughts; Horray or Neigh?

What do you think about the rennovation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Courtney6682

From the pictures it looks very different than the old food court. I didn't like the change at first glance, but I'll have to judge in person. The new menu items sound great. Can't wait to check it all out in 64 days

Minnesota disney fan

It does look kind of drab, especially from it used to look like. I think Disney got a lot of complaints about the big, ugly heads looming over them while eating? There seemed to be a lot of this kind of sentiment voiced on here. I felt that the old décor was kinda creepy with the big giant heads, but the new look went way too far the other way. Maybe they are going to add more festive decorations later?

Thebolt

If you woke up in that room, after a B._A._Baracus style trip; New Orleans French Quarter would be a long way down your list of guesses for where you were.
The current position looks unfinished and doesn't fit the resorts theme at the moment. Hopefully there is a substantial layer of theming to arrive in the next few months.

Jahona

I'm a bit torn. I never liked the old theme at all. The floating masks were just creepy in my opinion. That said the new redesign doesn't do it for me either. Having just recently spent a day filming in a factory they got the look and feel correct, it's cold and bland. It might have been a bit better to go with a warmer color palate instead of cooler and the complete removal of props makes it feel empty. Putting in machinery or old parade floats would have gone a long way to making it have a better appeal.

mf1972

a big nay for me. looks very bland. i do like the updated menu. some interesting choices. i'll have to try & convince my wife to go here next year instead of AOA.

MySmallWorldof4

I will say that while I liked the past theme with the Mardi Gras masks, my kids were always creeped out by them. It does look pretty blah though now. Hopefully as they are not completely finished as some have stated, it will eventually not look like the cafeteria at IKEA.

P_Radden

They really messed this up. I mean come on. That gray paint on the ceiling does make it look like a warehouse somewhere. Cold and bland. I liked the color scheme before much better. The props before were also pretty cool. Yes one or two masks were a little creepy, but everything else was fine. I really hope they are not finished here, because this is down right disappointing.

pbrsaau

I'm wondering if the Coke Freestyle machines also employ the cup system (I forget the name) that restricts use of old mugs and limits drinks to one's length of stay?

Jahona

I'm wondering if the Coke Freestyle machines also employ the cup system (I forget the name) that restricts use of old mugs and limits drinks to one's length of stay?

They work with the current rapid refill program. AKA NFC chip at the bottom.

jpinkc

WOW that is a big change, looks kinda like a college cafeteria. Has the food improved? I wasnt wild about it but its been a few years since I stayed there last, but if we have a bunch of family going this year we were thinking about it.

Mickey81

I've got to say, the new design and look is lame. FQ is my favorite resort, and I love the real NOLA as well. This does not stand out, it's a modern industrial looking cafeteria...the exact opposite of what it should be. Downgrade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom