Sassagoula Floatworks Rennovation Thoughts; Horray or Neigh?

What do you think about the rennovation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PortOrleans

Original Poster
image.jpeg

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory in Port Orleans Resort French Quarter has been recently renovated, however the theming aspect previously present has been, in my opinion, removed. However, this is only one man's opinion. What do you think about this rennovation?

wdwfan4ver

I am very disappointed with the design based on the pictures I saw at the Disney Food Blog site and at the Portorleans.org website.

JIMINYCR

From what I've seen .... NAYYYYY. Very unfestive and bland. If this it the extent of theming, its a failure. I agree it needed a clean up but Port Orleans should be shouting PARTY... COLORS... FUN... but this is not even close :banghead::banghead::banghead:. Oh.. yeah... nice silver chairs :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PortOrleans

Original Poster
From what I've seen .... NAYYYYY. Very unfestive and bland. If this it the extent of theming, its a failure. I agree it needed a clean up but Port Orleans should be shouting PARTY... COLORS... FUN... but this is not even close :banghead::banghead::banghead:. Oh.. yeah... nice silver chairs :rolleyes::rolleyes:
What was the design team at Disney thinking when they created this?

BigChris77

I like the new theming actually.. But then I've always like minimal design. Odd for someone who loves the over-the-top Disney style, I know..

Maybe they'll add a few of the floats back, to make it more of a float factory rather than just a factory..

PortOrleans

Original Poster
I like the new theming actually.. But then I've always like minimal design. Odd for someone who loves the over-the-top Disney style, I know..

Maybe they'll add a few of the floats back, to make it more of a float factory rather than just a factory..

I agree, if they added some of the previous elements back into the space, making the ceiling above look less empty, it could be better than before.

22YrsDVC

View attachment 176447

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory in Port Orleans Resort French Quarter has been recently renovated, however the theming aspect previously present has been, in my opinion, removed. However, this is only one man's opinion. What do you think about this rennovation?
Ain't nothing there that says The Big Easy to me! Cold and sans soul.
But, on the other hand, the menu do look better.
Lets hope for some return of a soul to the place, in the near future.

Herdman

We stayed at French Quarter last week, just in time for the grand re-opening. It is a little bland right now so hopefully it will be spiced up some more. The main reason to go though is the food, and we found it to be very good. We had lunch one day, and the burgers that my daughter and I had were terrific!! My wife had a pizza that she said was quite good also. Of course, we had beignets a couple times and they were as delightful as always.

The Incredible Schmulk

It's definitely from the Post-IKEA Industrial school of design, but I don't hate it. It's inviting like a clean and bright kitchen, and it looks like they kept some of the old decor for nostalgia's sake, which is nice. Those light fixtures, though... Could they not find anything with a little more personality? I mean, I don't want a gas lamp shooting up through the middle of each table, but something that doesn't look like it belongs in a budget hotel suite breakfast nook would have been nice.

No complaints about the new menu. Looks like a fine set of upgrades. Hope they add some fun seasonality to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom