Saratoga Springs to get internal bus service and other transport changes

nicb88

I presume they will offer intermittent bus service to Disney Springs during times when the boat service can't run, such as during storms?

allymonkey

I presume they will offer intermittent bus service to Disney Springs during times when the boat service can't run, such as during storms?

I certainly hope so. We took the boat to Disney Springs one night last year and in the time we were eating dinner a fierce storm blew up with lightning so bad that they stopped the boat service and it would not have been wise to walk back across the bridge either.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Not sure this is a good thing. Does this mean everyone who wants to go to DS has to bus to Congress Park then walk or bus to Springs and wait on the boat?

They finally fix one problem for SSR and run busses to DS from the parks and then turn around and take the DS bus away from SSR. Odd

I don't mind the walk from Congress Park but those who may have more trouble getting around or are in ECVs etc this seems like more of an inconvenience to me. Plus as another poster mentioned what happens during bad weather when the boats don't run or no one wants to walk?

What about the boats that don't run in the mornings when busses did before? Has this schedule changed?

rob0519

Take the Water Taxi or walk? I certainly hope they add more Water Taxis. The wait for one of those even on a weekday morning seemed like forever and they certainly do not hold as many people as a bus. In our one and only stay at Saratoga Springs, I found the overall transportation options and efficiency to be the worst of any resort in which our family has stayed.

DisneyDebRob

I am fine with all this. It's much needed for this big resort, and the walk to DS is a nice one .
My problem has always been the packed buses going back to SS after a day at the parks. I have always believed that the guests here should have a card, or for that matter, use your magic band showing that you are staying at the resort before you are able to get a spot on the bus. Just way to many people using these buses to go to DS. I understand that they are also starting bus service from the parks to the springs, which is great and hopefully now the people actually staying at SS can get a seat now.

betty rose

This change will cause us not to go to the Springs. Too much of a walk from the Grandstand area. Will skip the Springs altogether. We wanted to try a couple of the new restaurants. Not without bus service.

Bocabear

We stayed at Saratoga Springs and they had us out in the Carousel section which was so mserably far from everything, we had them move us the next morning to Congress Park...I really dislike that resort in general for many reasons, one of which is how far spread out eveything is... We will never stay there again... we will stick to our home resort of Bay Lake Tower...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Eight bus stops? I can only think of 7, if you're including the two Treehouse bus stops...
Unless maybe they're adding a stop somewhere near the boat dock?

-Rob
My mistake, miscounted. Should be 7.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
We stayed at Saratoga Springs and they had us out in the Carousel section which was so mserably far from everything, we had them move us the next morning to Congress Park...I really dislike that resort in general for many reasons, one of which is how far spread out eveything is... We will never stay there again... we will stick to our home resort of Bay Lake Tower...

Some like it because it is spread out and more quiet.

Bocabear

They are welcome to enjoy all that spread out, isolated quiet! As for me, when we go to Walt Disney World, I like to be moderately close to something...while still having some privacy... Where they booked us at Saratoga Springs was unreasonably remote...When you need a car to get to the lobby or the pool, it's too far.

Garfield

Not sure this is a good thing. Does this mean everyone who wants to go to DS has to bus to Congress Park then walk or bus to Springs and wait on the boat?

They finally fix one problem for SSR and run busses to DS from the parks and then turn around and take the DS bus away from SSR. Odd

I don't mind the walk from Congress Park but those who may have more trouble getting around or are in ECVs etc this seems like more of an inconvenience to me. Plus as another poster mentioned what happens during bad weather when the boats don't run or no one wants to walk?

What about the boats that don't run in the mornings when busses did before? Has this schedule changed?

I agree. This doesn't make sense. Does this mean they think the DS bus was mostly being used by non-SSR guests to get to DS? What about people who have difficulty walking as well as the mentioned ECVs? I could see it taking an hour for those people to take the bus to the Springs, walk down to the dock and then wait for a boat. I just don't see any reason other than cost-cutting. I guess they had to take something away when they added the Parks to DS routes.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I agree. This doesn't make sense. Does this mean they think the DS bus was mostly being used by non-SSR guests to get to DS? What about people who have difficulty walking as well as the mentioned ECVs? I could see it taking an hour for those people to take the bus to the Springs, walk down to the dock and then wait for a boat. I just don't see any reason other than cost-cutting. I guess they had to take something away when they added the Parks to DS routes.

Agreed. Not good

cr3346

They've always had an internal shuttle, no? In all the times we've stayed there, there has been one. This will be a real hassle if you want to get to SS now and are so far away.

ThemeParkJunkee

I was under the impression they already an internal shuttle as well. I have been researching this resort for 2018. I will have to watch the "fallout".

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If you know the bus system at SSR every bus was basically an internal shuttle. The only other internal shuttle was for the treehouse villas

The Disney springs bus went in the opposite direction through SSR and the park busses went the other way. Now that they'd removed the DS bus this basically forces them to add an internal bus system for that one direction through the resort. Doesn't make any sense to me. Just keep the DS bus and be done with it. At least that would spread out the time a little more. Otherwise that new internal shuttle bus will be making a lot of quick useless stops

Disneykings

We love SSR for the peace and quiet. Not to bothered about this as we planned on walking to Springs once this year if Planet Hollywood reopens in time. Sorry for being stupid but what is an internal bus? Is that just circling the resort all day? Will the buses to the parks still be the same? Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom