Sapphire Falls opening day disaster

raven

Original Poster
My roommate got a reservation for the opening day at Sapphire Falls (7/14/16). He waited 2 1/2 hours in a line that wrapped around the lobby just to be checked in and said the resort General Manager was out in the lobby offering compensations to "select" guests. His reservation at the restaurant took another 50 minutes to be seated. He has yet to tell me about the rest of his stay, as he is still there, but I just wondered if anyone has heard similar horror stories so far?

21stamps

Why on earth are you blaming the customer? "They were asking for it" is a pretty silly response. There is nothing unreasonable about expecting a hotel to be functioning when it says it is open for business.
It's why I skip Jimmy John's on $1 sub days, and go to Panera instead ;) A wait time is a given.

Opening Day at a club/park/resort/restaurant- Wait times are a given.

Not blaming the customer, it's just an unfortunate fact.

JoeCamel

Why on earth are you blaming the customer? "They were asking for it" is a pretty silly response. There is nothing unreasonable about expecting a hotel to be functioning when it says it is open for business.

When an entire hotel full of guests checks in at once it is unreasonable NOT to expect issues. Locks and computers were proposed as problem areas and sure enough there were problems with locks and computers.

It will get better in the next few days as they enter normal operation but to expect everything to be perfect on opening day is unrealistic.

Rider

It's a very pretty resort but obviously not 100% finished yet. It probably needs another couple months to get everything in order.

Attachments

• IMG_2723.JPG
    IMG_2723.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2728.JPG
    IMG_2728.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 77

MKCP 1985

When an entire hotel full of guests checks in at once it is unreasonable NOT to expect issues. Locks and computers were proposed as problem areas and sure enough there were problems with locks and computers.

It will get better in the next few days as they enter normal operation but to expect everything to be perfect on opening day is unrealistic.
From what I hear and see, many hotels have near full capacity turnover on certain nights: holidays, summer weekends, but of course, that results in delays at check in with apologies, "we have 200+ guests checking in tonight."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom