Santa look-a-like causes distraction at WDW

HM Spectre

This guy is a serious creep. He knows exactly what kind of attention he's going to get by dressing in "Santa-related" clothing and walking around children all day... and it's pretty clear he likes it. Now he wants to be treated like a celebrity? Here's how I'd help him avoid similar problems: put his tickets on will call at Harmony and tell him he can either stop creeping around like Santa or get a trim. Save it for Christmas buddy... sheesh.

TropicalFig8

xYUwXWWr_kKFImtpOWVRfQ2.jpg

file.php

My daughter and I sat behind a man on the Carosel of Progress that looked just like Santa (a pleasant looking Santa, not creepy like this guy). He wore a Hawaiian shirt with little Santa's in the print. I only think we noticed him because we were so close to him. My daughter was excited to be on a ride with Santa, but we didn't want to bother him because he was on vacation. After the ride we saw him and he never appeared to be drawing attention to himself and I never saw any child approach him either. He just looked like a guy enjoying a vacation.

Because of our Santa experience, I have to believe this man brought this attention on himself. He could have tried to blend in and I think most people wouldn't have noticed him or would have respected that he was on vacation and not asked for a picture with him.

JimboJones123

I've seen several "Santas" throughout the years on my trips to WDW. Always at MK. During Christmas last year there was a "Skinny Santa" that would wear Bermuda shorts and a green/red tiki shirt. He was basically powerwalking around MK throughout the New Years. I have also seen another that wears green suspenders, a red shirt, and a red golf cap he actually has kids sit on his lap (supercreepy). Never seen this Jolly Odd Elf before though.

STOP BEGGING FOR ATTENTION FROM LITTLE KIDS!!! IT IS PETTY AND BEYOND DISTURBING.

j0e1306

Saw this guy in the Brown Derby in mid June, he was attention seeking so not too sure what he's complaining for... Even then he was walking around tables and offering pictures and autographs... pretty creepy.

jasonfresta

oh yeah.. i forgot.. it's 2012.. and this guy is automatically a "pedophile" if he likes making kids happy. this guy is not a pervert.. not a creeper.. not a pedo... he's a professional Santa. they're all over the place. what was he doing wrong? from what I hear... Disney instructed this guy to tell kids to "Go away.. i'm on vacation"... yeah.. i can just imagine how well that would go.

i have a friend who is a Santa Claus...in fact, his NAME is Santa Claus. he had it legally changed.. on his credit cards.. license...etc. he's a perfectly normal guy...one of the nicest guys i know... has a wife.. teenage kids... does charity work.. parties... professional Santa commercial model...runs his own BBQ catering business. plays the part all year round. and MOST importantly... a Disney Vacation Club member and avid park goer. he'll be down there this week. he's never been bothered before... we'll see if they have their claws out this time.

Millionaire2K

If I went around Disney looking like Walt Disney.. Disney would tell me to stop! Now does that make me a “creep”?
Maybe you guys are all the "creepy" ones? Nowhere is the story about a creepy guy Disney asked to do something. The story is about a guy that happens to look like Santa (he is a mall Santa). And he likes to wear santa related shirts because he embraces his curse/gift. He cant just take off his weight and shave. He uses his look as a JOB in the winter. That beard wont grow in a few weeks. Disney also did NOT think this guy was a creep. They just do not allow ANY guest to cause distractions to other guest. Even if a guest didn’t mean to do so, Disney cannot allow it.
No "creep" story here folks!
But I guess that how you all get your kicks. Turn an innocent man into a criminal. WOW!! I’m disgusted.

toolsnspools

This guy probably makes a good buck at the local mall every year, and if he's in Atlanta it's probably a REALLY good buck. You can't grow a beard like that overnight, so it's no wonder he plays the part year round. He looks like Santa in plain clothes in the video, so he probably gets the attention regardless of what he's wearing. I blame the weird photos on the photographer. Santa has to be laying on the floor playing with planes? Really?

As a parent, I would steer my kids clear of the guy. Not because I think he's a creep (btw - I presume every stranger is a creep and keep my guard up for my kids), but because I would presume that he's a guy that plays Santa every Christmas, and would rather not be bothered by my kids when he's on vacation in July. As for Disney, they have no choice but to ask him to not make a scene. Nothing wrong with what they did either. If he's intentionally making a scene, like walking the tables in a restaurant or ringing a bell on Main Street, then they have every right to ask him to leave.

sublimesting

I've seen enough Christmas movies to know that there is a very good chance this is in fact Santa coming to Disney to see if enough children (and adults) believe so that he can recharge his fading magic for Christmas this year. You all have failed. Christmas will surely be cancelled. Better start writing your apology letters to Ho Ho.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Actually, it would be funny to have someone dressed as Dreamfinder (not totally, but close enough) go in Epcot and the have a flash mob come up to him yelling "dreamfinder!!"....see what kind of reaction Epcot execs have...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom