Sanna Popularity

KTaylor

Original Poster
Good Morning Disney Friends!
Today we are 181 days from our trip home and we can't wait. I am a little bit of a weirdo when it comes to my ADRS because for the past month I have checked everyday for the date that is 180 days out to see which restaurants are already booked for my time and party size (just so I know which to ask for first). Much to my surprise Sanna has been completely booked for dinner and a party of 9 (I know they will sit this many because we have eaten there before) for the last week and half at least. I am a little bummed that our little secret got out! I mean I know my family could eat the bread service everyday and be happy!

HolleBolleGijs

Just a thought, if you really want to eat there, you could try splitting it up. Instead of one group of 9, you could do 5+4. I just looked into this for my trip in October out of curiosity, and there's nothing available for a group of 9, but there are a few times for parties of 4 and 5. You might not all get to eat together, but you'll all get to eat there at least!

Alternatively, if you feel comfortable winging it, you could check the day before. I just looked at tomorrow for a group of 9, and there are two available for dinner - 5:00 and 8:35. You could book dinner somewhere else, and switch just before the 24-hour mark if something opens up at Sanaa.

KTaylor

Original Poster
Just a thought, if you really want to eat there, you could try splitting it up. Instead of one group of 9, you could do 5+4. I just looked into this for my trip in October out of curiosity, and there's nothing available for a group of 9, but there are a few times for parties of 4 and 5. You might not all get to eat together, but you'll all get to eat there at least!

Alternatively, if you feel comfortable winging it, you could check the day before. I just looked at tomorrow for a group of 9, and there are two available for dinner - 5:00 and 8:35. You could book dinner somewhere else, and switch just before the 24-hour mark if something opens up at Sanaa.

I'm going to check with everyone and see if it is absolutely necessary to eat there. We have gone the last 3 times we went to WDW and its my nieces favorite, but I'm kind of leaning towards trying Whispering Canyon since we have never eaten there. If Sanna is a must we will have to split tables, but that isn't a huge issue for us.

HolleBolleGijs

I'm going to check with everyone and see if it is absolutely necessary to eat there. We have gone the last 3 times we went to WDW and its my nieces favorite, but I'm kind of leaning towards trying Whispering Canyon since we have never eaten there. If Sanna is a must we will have to split tables, but that isn't a huge issue for us.

I've never eaten at Sanaa, but Whispering Canyon is my family's favorite! Definitely give it a shot if Sanaa isn't must. I know this sounds crazy, but the more crowded it is, the more fun the meal will be! So try to avoid the earlier end if you have a choice.

Plus, who can pass up those bottomless milkshakes :)

KTaylor

Original Poster
I agree! One of our favorite places to eat on the whole resort !! We are "foodies" so we have eaten in a lot of the restaurant on property. This is still the hidden gem in my opinion. Let's hope more people do not learn our secret.

My family LOVES Sanna!!! My niece is 12 and tries her hardest to recreate the bread and dips regularly.

KTaylor

Original Poster
I've never eaten at Sanaa, but Whispering Canyon is my family's favorite! Definitely give it a shot if Sanaa isn't must. I know this sounds crazy, but the more crowded it is, the more fun the meal will be! So try to avoid the earlier end if you have a choice.

Plus, who can pass up those bottomless milkshakes :)

The day we would go is our Animal Kingdom day so we are hoping for a 7:30ish reservation. Would that be a good time?

CaptainAmerica

Good Morning Disney Friends!
Today we are 181 days from our trip home and we can't wait. I am a little bit of a weirdo when it comes to my ADRS because for the past month I have checked everyday for the date that is 180 days out to see which restaurants are already booked for my time and party size (just so I know which to ask for first). Much to my surprise Sanna has been completely booked for dinner and a party of 9 (I know they will sit this many because we have eaten there before) for the last week and half at least. I am a little bummed that our little secret got out! I mean I know my family could eat the bread service everyday and be happy!
Try lunch? Sanaa usually isn't that difficult but you're traveling during the busiest week of the year.

HolleBolleGijs

The day we would go is our Animal Kingdom day so we are hoping for a 7:30ish reservation. Would that be a good time?

I would think so, although I can't say for sure! I haven't been there for dinner in over 5 years. The last time we ate there (2 years ago), we had an early lunch reservation. The restaurant was practically empty and it just wasn't the same. Although maybe the difference is lunch vs. dinner?

CaptainAmerica

Where are you staying? Will you have a car? If you go after DAK closes, getting back to your resort via Disney transportation could mean a bus to DTD/DHS/Epcot/MK and then a transfer to a different bus. If you did lunch or something while DAK was still open, you could go back there and have an easier hike back to your resort.

KTaylor

Original Poster
Where are you staying? Will you have a car? If you go after DAK closes, getting back to your resort via Disney transportation could mean a bus to DTD/DHS/Epcot/MK and then a transfer to a different bus. If you did lunch or something while DAK was still open, you could go back there and have an easier hike back to your resort.

We are staying at PORS. I didn't think about the bus part. We will have a car so that is an option...although going to DTD and taking the boat could be kind of fun too.

dreamfinder

I would think so, although I can't say for sure! I haven't been there for dinner in over 5 years. The last time we ate there (2 years ago), we had an early lunch reservation. The restaurant was practically empty and it just wasn't the same. Although maybe the difference is lunch vs. dinner?

Lunch does tend to be less busy at the resort restuarants overall. One reason why many don't offer it, but I think they do at Sanaa since there is no other food option at Kidani.

HouCuseChickie

Another vote to try lunch. I don't know what time you were looking for dinner, but at lunch, you know you will have daylight for your entire meal. i.e. views of the animals the entire time. I do agree though, that the secret is getting out. Not only is the food wonderful and interesting, the prices are also pretty decent (at least for Disney pricing) for what you get.

epcotisbest

Another vote to try lunch. I don't know what time you were looking for dinner, but at lunch, you know you will have daylight for your entire meal. i.e. views of the animals the entire time. I do agree though, that the secret is getting out. Not only is the food wonderful and interesting, the prices are also pretty decent (at least for Disney pricing) for what you get.
Right. And, there is just something special about the whole experience. Heck I would probably like it if they served Big Macs, but fortunately the bread service, for us is something very special. I have tried duplicating the bread service, to some degree of success, at home several times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom