Sanford airport info needed!

Bimmy56

Original Poster
Help!! I booked a flight from Chicago/Gary airport to the Orlando/Sanford for only $200. (That's a really good price from Chicago!) I know that the Sanford airport is north of Orlando, but I need some information on shuttles. Does Mears run from there? It does not mention Sanford on it's website. What about other limo services? I don't want to rent a car if I don't have to - there are only 2 of us going, but a limo service from that far away may be too expensive.

Thanks!!

DisneyWorldGuru

It is a half hour drive from the greater Orlando area. I can tell you that renting a car is your best bet but I am sure mears does not go to Sanford. You might want to look into a smaller airport shuttle company. I would call the airport and find out the best shuttle company that goes to Sanford. I would get a rental car if it was me. Also if you get a rental car get a map or get one with GPS because it is easy to get lost there. And what ever you do don't take the Green Way because there is a toll every 3 miles. Hope this helps you. I think in the long run you will be happy with your airport choice because I hear it is not a jammed as Orlando International. Have a good trip!

Bimmy56

Original Poster
Thank you very much - I guess I will rent a car then. It's just that we never use a car once we get to WDW - too much hassle when you can use the busses or boats ( staying at Dolphin)

Originally posted by Bimmy56
Help!! I booked a flight from Chicago/Gary airport to the Orlando/Sanford for only $200. (That's a really good price from Chicago!) I know that the Sanford airport is north of Orlando, but I need some information on shuttles. Does Mears run from there? It does not mention Sanford on it's website. What about other limo services? I don't want to rent a car if I don't have to - there are only 2 of us going, but a limo service from that far away may be too expensive.

Thanks!!

Ah, the Sanford trap. The airfare sure seems cheap, doesn't it?

Mears does (or at least did) run to/from Sanford. Rental cars are quite a bit more expensive from Sanford -- so much so that, when I considered this, the rental car charges more than made up for the airline ticket savings. I don't remember the Mears prices, but Mears also costs more to make the run to/from Sanford (since it's a longer run).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom