Sanaa or Disney Springs?

Mickey5150

Since you are already going to Jikos, which is an incredible restaurant, and your DH and DS don't seem thrilled with Sanaa, then I would definitely go to Disney Springs. I haven't been to Wolfgang Pucks so I cannot answer for that but I have been to many other restaurants in the Springs and have loved them all. I would recommend Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'. Chef Smith is from Florida and the menu reflects the food he grew up with. Fried Chicken and donuts, yum.

correcaminos

Thank you, this is exactly what I think. We have many restaurants in Montreal that would better fit the "signature dining" description, we took our son to a couple of them and never had an issue. Of course, he's not yelling and running or standing up on is chair! (Which he never does at home, humhum....:oops:)
LOL

Not to say that there aren't true 'signature dining' experiences at Disney, but they are rare, but like you we go out all levels and don't think twice about it. I think you'll be more than fine at Jiko. Sanaa is obviously far more casual but really not to be missed.

katie123

Sanaa is definitely a unique experience, and you can see the animals, especially if you go a little earlier whilst there is good light and manage to bag a table near the window.
From your 'little mans' perspective, have you considered one of the themed restaurants at DS- T-Rex& Rainforest were favorites of both my boys when younger. Whichever you choose, you'll have fun, after all you are still in the most magical place on earth!

sophie_the_pooh

Original Poster
Sanaa is definitely a unique experience, and you can see the animals, especially if you go a little earlier whilst there is good light and manage to bag a table near the window.
From your 'little mans' perspective, have you considered one of the themed restaurants at DS- T-Rex& Rainforest were favorites of both my boys when younger. Whichever you choose, you'll have fun, after all you are still in the most magical place on earth!

We did try Rainforest Cafe once and T Rex twice with him, and he really enjoyed it. We were hoping for a break from T Rex, we had a bad experience last time (food was cold and not so good), but maybe going back to Rainforest cafe is a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion !

bethymouse

Wow, defensive much? My suggestion was about your family being comfortable. I'm letting you know that other diners will be jerks, I'm not saying they'll be justified in being jerks.

And Le Cellier is nothing like Jiko. Miles apart in terms of atmosphere and elegance. Le Cellier is an expensive restaurant in an amusement park. Jiko is fine dining. There's a major, major difference.
I just have to tell you about JIKO. My husband and I loved it! However, the waitress asked me, "Do you need help with your napkin, M'am?". I was so embarrassed ! I had not put my napkin in my lap. Also, when my husband went to the bathroom, the waiter adjusted the napkin ( had put it in its "proper" place). Just thought I'd share this funny and memorable moment with you.:eek::D

bethymouse

My personal opinion would be go ahead and keep your reservation at Sanaa. I love the AKL experience, and I could've just stayed there my entire trip! I guess what I'm saying is, I'd rather eat at all of the AKL restaurants rather than take a bus to Disney Springs ( if it's not already in your plans).;)

danyoung56

I just have to tell you about JIKO. My husband and I loved it! However, the waitress asked me, "Do you need help with your napkin, M'am?"

What you had there was a bad waiter. It's one thing for them to know where the napkin goes and notice that someone didn't do it. It's quite another for them to embarrass you like that. Not cool at all!

alissafalco

I would stick with Sanaa and enjoy the resort. The last time I stayed at AKL it took us 45 minutes to get to DS by bus, no joke! The bus stopped at every stop at Saratoga springs and the ride itself is so far from DS. You pay all that $$ to stay at the resort you should enjoy all it has to offer.

My 5 and 3 year old hands down declared Sanaa their favorite meal of the trip...given we went to Akershus and a lot of other fun places, I think this speaks volumes!

BTW, if you are on the dining plan, they will let you swap your desserts (both adult desserts) for the full bread service. Well worth it for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom