• Somewhere else

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Save the credit for another day

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mdubm

Original Poster
We have the dining plan. We are doing lunch at Akershus and then dinner at San Angel Inn for our one day in Epcot. I'm reading somewhat negative reviews on San Angel lately. Should I scrap the second meal in Epcot altogether, switch to another restaurant, or just leave it?

We are ~40 days out, so availability slightly limited. We are a family of 4 with a 4 yo and 14 month old. Our other park days are 1 day in Hollywood, 3 days in MK.

DisneyPrincess5

We've gone to San Angel Inn multiple times over the years and have always had wonderful experiences, both with food and atmosphere. Reviews are tricky: it's somewhat important to consider because mass opinion holds important data, but I'm all about figuring things out for myself. It's not terribly expensiveso try it. If you love it, great. If you hate it, you move on and let it go.

belledream

San Angel is a great atmosphere restaurant, and what the food can sometimes lack is made up by the experience itself. However, it doesn't strike me as a restaurant kids that young will appreciate, but if the adults need it, treat yourself. ;)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's also a question of palate and what foods you normally consume. For my wife and I who live part of the year on our ranch in West Texas it's not familiar Hispanic culture food and we don't like it. La Hacienda is much better in our opinion.

MSCollins77

We have the dining plan. We are doing lunch at Akershus and then dinner at San Angel Inn for our one day in Epcot. I'm reading somewhat negative reviews on San Angel lately. Should I scrap the second meal in Epcot altogether, switch to another restaurant, or just leave it?

We are ~40 days out, so availability slightly limited. We are a family of 4 with a 4 yo and 14 month old. Our other park days are 1 day in Hollywood, 3 days in MK.

I like the San Angel Inn more for lunch than for dinner. It might be a little too dark and compact though for 4 of you esp a 4 year old and a 14 month old. I think Coral Reef in the living seas with the Tank to look at or Garden Grill... family style buffet with characters (Chip Dale, Mickey and Pluto) might be a better fit.

mdubm

Original Poster
San Angel is a great atmosphere restaurant, and what the food can sometimes lack is made up by the experience itself. However, it doesn't strike me as a restaurant kids that young will appreciate, but if the adults need it, treat yourself. ;)
I guess my thought was that we're doing so many restaurants geared toward them that we wanted an adult pick too. We go out to eat pretty often as a family, so they're pretty acclimated to different types of restaurants. We'll hope the best! We are staying at YC, so at least it's a short trek home if they don't like it.

belledream

I guess my thought was that we're doing so many restaurants geared toward them that we wanted an adult pick too. We go out to eat pretty often as a family, so they're pretty acclimated to different types of restaurants. We'll hope the best! We are staying at YC, so at least it's a short trek home if they don't like it.
Oh for sure! They'll definitely be interested in the volcano in the distance. It can just feel very dark, intimate, and maybe a little cramped depending on where you sit. But I agree it's definitely more interesting for a kid than say Chefs de France.

MSCollins77

I would amend my recommendations then and suggest two restaurants more geared toward adults but that might be a better option with the kids than and have food that is generally better anyway. Coral Reef remains a recommendation. I make it even thought I hate seafood because my friend loves seafood and always loves going here. I get the New York Strip Steak, one of the best on property I have ever had, The other place I think is better than San Angel Inn is even closer to your hotel and that is Chefs De France.

If you plan to stay with your current choice make sure you look over the Dinner menu. I remember it being different than the lunch menu

mdubm

Original Poster
I would amend my recommendations then and suggest two restaurants more geared toward adults but that might be a better option with the kids than and have food that is generally better anyway. Coral Reef remains a recommendation. I make it even thought I hate seafood because my friend loves seafood and always loves going here. I get the New York Strip Steak, one of the best on property I have ever had, The other place I think is better than San Angel Inn is even closer to your hotel and that is Chefs De France.

If you plan to stay with your current choice make sure you look over the Dinner menu. I remember it being different than the lunch menu
Good to know. Is Chefs 2 dining credits?

MSCollins77

Good to know. Is Chefs 2 dining credits?

Nope just one credit. I think there is another French restaurant that is two creds but Chefs de France is just one per person. If you are on the regular dining plan there is a fixed price menu with appetizer entrée and dessert option if you are on the dlx plan anything goes

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
To my mind, San Angel Inn is the closest you'll come to the atmosphere of the Blue Bayou in WDW. The food, on the several occasions we've eaten there, was always good to excellent, although they were prone to drop special requests (like birthday cakes)...

disneydaughter96

My family and I love San Angel Inn, the atmosphere is amazing, and we have always enjoyed their food. however, I can understand some of the reviews, as we wish the menu could be a little different. I'm not quite sure the kids would love it as much as adults. Depending on your meal plan, there could be the option of just doing the counter service La Cantina de San Angel, we love their food too and have definitely stopped by for a dinner instead of the whole sit down dinner.

correcaminos

With only one day at Epcot and a larger lunch planned, I would skip it (or one of the two). Many people think Epcot isn't worth it but it has been my son's favorite since he was very little. I vote simply so you ahve more time to explore the park.

larandtra

Two large meals that close seems like a lot of money. Typically we will do a dinner like that if we had a breakfast. But, if you are looking for a good meal more adult oriented. If you want Mexican style food, La Hacienda is a much better option as far as quality of food goes. For other options Ive found that Italy offers some of the best options for all types of meals. Via is more family oriented and serves great food, Tutto Italia is more upscale but kids would be ok, and if it were just adults for drinks and apps Tutto Gusto is a no brainer. R&C is a good sit down especially if you can get the patio and the food is solid.

mainedisfan

San Angel Inn is my favorite Epcot restaurant. I love the pollo a las rajas!
When I went to San Angel Inn in late August they had taken Pollo a las rajas off the menu! The waiter said many people were upset. Definitely the best dish there. Anyone know if they have brought it back? It's still listed on the menu online but not sure if that is up to date.

aw14

We have done San Angel multiple times. We always greatly enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The only issue we ever had was the service was very slow. Polite, but slow.

With that said, we would go there again for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom