Same Source Image Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Well, it was a close race in the end, but The Skyway won out by only one vote.

UPDATE. All normal wallpaper contest rules apply for size. Deadline is this coming wednesday at 10:00CST.

Here's how it's gonna work:

Below will be posted 3 source images. These are the ONLY images you may use in creating your wallpaper. If you so choose to recreate these pictures with your own artwork, you may. But you CANNOT use any other source images or pictures. Nor can you make up your own artwork without using these source images as reference. This is meant to be a little tough on the brain, so don't get discouraged.

Also, you DO NOT have to use all of the images, but you must use at least one.

Fonts and type can be added at free will. This rule may change in future contests, depending on usage in this one.

Well, I can't think of anything else at the moment, so that's it.

The source images will be up as soon as possible. Once all 3 are posted, you may begin.

Enjoy!
:)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Image 1:

Attachments

• sign1.jpg
    sign1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 278

Blizz

One more question just to clear it up:

What is this? An attraction poster? And what is the max sizes?

Shaman

Hopefully I didn't violate any rules...I think I didn't...anyway here's my entry:

*Edit*

Making a few changes...should be up in a bit....

Shaman

Originally posted by mrtoad
That is excellent!

Thanks...

BTW I liked that effect you made with the pic in your entry...is that watercolor? Looks great...its almost as if someone stood and painted that scene...one of the best filtered pics I've seen...

:wave:

mrtoad

Originally posted by objr
Thanks...

BTW I liked that effect you made with the pic in your entry...is that watercolor? Looks great...its almost as if someone stood and painted that scene...one of the best filtered pics I've seen...

:wave:

Thanks. I have an action in photoshop that does a sketch sort of thing. It is not totally automatic, you need to do some adjusting at various parts of the process. When finished, I added some noise. That was about it.

Thanks again,
Mike

SirNim

This is going to be tough! The ones we have posted already are all very nice, all capture the essence of the three source pics as well as the Skyway itself... They are excellent! :sohappy:

I'm awfully busy, I'll have one up this weekend. :D

BenS

Originally posted by daniam2188
heres mine... i couldnt resist

Hehe, I was originally going to do something like that with red crosshairs aiming at one of the people, but I eventually decided on the one I did.

mrtoad

I hope I don't regret changing mine. ( I don't want to mess up my consistancy rating with 2 votes per contest :animwink: )

MSU - I will try to delete my other entry, but last time it did not work for me.

Anyway, here is my try number two:

** Changing again ** Posting new image.

ACE

Originally posted by Blizz
Well I am just going to guess its a wall paper...

Blizz,
Is the Skyway sign in your entry from the source photo provided? If it is you did a great job on it.

:wave: ACE

Blizz

Originally posted by ACE
Blizz,
Is the Skyway sign in your entry from the source photo provided? If it is you did a great job on it.

:wave: ACE

LOL, actually I did that from scratch. I tried to lift the image from the picture but it just didnt work right. So insted i recreated the image with the vector tools in Fireworks MX. I think it looks like the one in the image...

Yup, so i dont know if that violates rules, but I did do it from scratch with vector tools.

mrtoad

Originally posted by Blizz
LOL, actually I did that from scratch. I tried to lift the image from the picture but it just didnt work right. So insted i recreated the image with the vector tools in Fireworks MX. I think it looks like the one in the image...

Yup, so i dont know if that violates rules, but I did do it from scratch with vector tools.

MSU would have to say, but I would think you are cool from what he said: "Nor can you make up your own artwork without using these source images as reference". You did use the original as reference. You just recreated it.

Where did you get the font? Or did you trace it in Fireworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom