Same day re-entry? Ticket expiration

Brennyzee

So I'm planning a trip in late October as a surprise for my SO. I don't have the funds to purchase all at once for two of us, so thinking flights, then hotel (offiste- take advantage of free breakfast/cheaper rates), then purchasing tickets to parks. I'd like to do one park/day but for ticket pricing, it seems like leaving out 1 park is cheapest.

1. I need help weighing the ticket options. Cheapest seems to be a 3 day single park ticket, we would leave out HS. However, it seems that I wouldn't be able to leave the park mid-day if needed and return at night, right? Also, the current 4 park promotion doesn't extend out to my dates-do they usually release more?

2. Is park hopper worth it? Ideally I'd like to have a relaxing time not running from park to park, but would it give me the opportunity to re-enter? The last thing I want is to be exhausted in the middle of the day but either leave half the park unturned or have to keep pressing on!

3. Sell me on HS!! Or any parks you would skip. Not AK as we are zookeepers in the real world so....AK is our mecca

4. Need help on ticket expiration? As mentioned, I'm a zookeeper. That means funds are TIGHT. so, in the event that I buy tickets but never use them, what happens? Is there a large price increase if I have to wait to buy until closer to the trip?

5. I'm interested in magic bands, even though we are staying offsite. Seems easier than keeping track of a card. Thoughts?

UNIVERSAL:
does anyone know when/if the harry potter section will close for Xmas decorating? I'll be there the first few days of November but the Xmas thing opens the 18th- I want to make sure it's not closed but can't find anything online.

THANK YOU!!!! I appreciate any advice!!

Rob562

The 4 park magic ticket is relatively new. I don't think we'll know if it'll be extended until/if it happens.

As for re-entry, all tickets allow for same-day re-entry to the same park. Thats not considered "hopping". There'd be a lot of angry guests if they went back to their car or hotel and couldn't get back in the park.

Generally tickets don't expire if they're unused. However they've started introducing an "expiration date" on some tickets. What that means in practice is that if you don't use the ticket by it's expiration date, you'll have to use that ticket as credit toward a new ticket at the new prices. So you don't lose the value you paid, but you won't necessarily be able to use the ticket as-is 10 years from now.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Brennyzee

Original Poster
The 4 park magic ticket is relatively new. I don't think we'll know if it'll be extended until/if it happens.

As for re-entry, all tickets allow for same-day re-entry to the same park. Thats not considered "hopping". There'd be a lot of angry guests if they went back to their car or hotel and couldn't get back in the park.

Generally tickets don't expire if they're unused. However they've started introducing an "expiration date" on some tickets. What that means in practice is that if you don't use the ticket by it's expiration date, you'll have to use that ticket as credit toward a new ticket at the new prices. So you don't lose the value you paid, but you won't necessarily be able to use the ticket as-is 10 years from now.

-Rob

That's great news, thank you! The fine print said "one admission per day" so I didn't know if that was one person or literally ONE entrance period

Upvote 0

bee

1. You can re-enter the same park on the same day without a park hopper, or a different park with a park-hopper.

2. This totally depends who you ask. Some like the flexibility of multiple parks per day and some prefer to stay in one park all day (with or without a break in the middle). You'll have plenty to do without the hopper and, as mentioned above, you don't need the hopper to re-enter the same park on the same day.

3. Honestly I probably won't bother going to DHS until significant work on the new lands is finished, but plenty of people just love the park even as it is.

4. See Disney's expiration policies at the bottom of this page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/
They can increase their prices at any times and sometimes do so with short notice. Watch this site and other Disney news sites to see if they announce a price increase, and if they do you may be better off just buying some right before the increase. Also check out discount sites like Undercover Tourist; not sure what their cancellation/refund policies are but I've used them in the past and found the service and pricing to be good.

5. If you're trying to save money don't bother. You can't charge anything to your room since you're offsite and you'll still need money or credit cards for purchases in the parks, so what's one more card (your ticket)?

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

Everyone has answered your important questions but there is one thing I want to add. You are probably aware of Fastpass+ and how it works. Just in case you aren't since you are staying offsite(which can be just as wonderful as onsite) make sure your tickets are purchased and linked to your My Disney Experience account in plenty of time for you to be up and ready at 7 a.m. at your 30 day mark. Those onsite guests will be able to book at 60 days so it may be a little more difficult at 30 days but don't despair. If you can't get everything you want keep checking back. People do cancel and slots open up. Also have a good touring plan. I use touringplans website and your days will go perfectly. I know you didn't ask for any of this but seeing that you are a new member here I just wanted to throw it out there. Have a wonderful trip!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom