Sally Figure added to Haunted Mansion Holiday

LongLiveTheKing

Original Poster
Last edited:

FerretAfros

After all these years, I'm actually kind of surprised that they finally added her. It seems like HMH is becoming more of a nuisance than a feature to a lot of people, so I assumed (hoped?) that it was nearing the end of its run

Sally has been a part of TDL's Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare since it debuted in 2004. According to rumors at the time, copies were made of several of the elements including the Sally figures so that they could be used in WDW eventually. As we know, WDW hasn't had any particular interest in adding the holiday overlay, so I don't know what happened to the extra figures (or if they were ever actually made), but it appears that DL's new Sally isn't a copy of one of the Tokyo ones

She can be seen on the staircase at 4:40, in the conservatory at 5:30, and replacing Little Leota at 11:25

TP2000

Exactly. Mansion's wait time doubles every time HMH comes back.

I would agree. The "I'm over it" feeling only seems to exist with a handful of fans online. The paying customers in the park seem to go ga-ga over Haunted Mansion Holiday every year, even 15 years later.

I half expect to see some Internet Superfan standing at the entrance to Haunted Mansion Holiday, just under the wait time sign of 45 minutes or roughly double its normal wait time, saying "No, you guys, don't go on this ride! You are supposed to hate it! This isn't popular anymore! Seriously, get out of line! This is a dumb ride now. Go away! Why are you still in line?!?"

Californian Elitist

I would agree. The "I'm over it" feeling only seems to exist with a handful of fans online. The paying customers in the park seem to go ga-ga over Haunted Mansion Holiday every year, even 15 years later.

I half expect to see some Internet Superfan standing at the entrance to Haunted Mansion Holiday, just under the wait time sign of 45 minutes or roughly double its normal wait time, saying "No, you guys, don't go on this ride! You are supposed to hate it! This isn't popular anymore! Seriously, get out of line! This is a dumb ride now. Go away! Why are you still in line?!?"

Yep. According to wait times, those who dislike it belong to the online fan community.

What's funny is we've got people who've NEVER experienced it saying negative things about HMH. I always get a kick out of reading those comments.

BrianLo

Yep. According to wait times, those who dislike it belong to the online fan community.

What's funny is we've got people who've NEVER experienced it saying negative things about HMH. I always get a kick out of reading those comments.

Welcome to the Internet!

This will be my first year experiencing it, I'm certainly very excited.

Disneyland just blows me away with how much they do for the holidays.

180º

I have two problems with HMH:
• Its run is too long
• It has taken an unfortunate toll on the attraction's condition

Other than that, I think it's fun and I make the most of it every year! :)

Californian Elitist

Welcome to the Internet!

This will be my first year experiencing it, I'm certainly very excited.

Disneyland just blows me away with how much they do for the holidays.

It is certainly an experience. Whether one dislikes it or not, props should be given to Disney for the amount of detail that is put into the attraction.

One thing about HMH I don't like is how long it's kept. That I do agree with other fans. If anything, put it up during the Christmas season only.

NobodyElse

If you don't mind me asking, in what way? I thought that a positive byproduct of HMH was that it guaranteed an annual rehab (or at least the necessity to touch and pay attention to much of the attraction). Also, didn't it bring about good changes like improved audio?

180º

If you don't mind me asking, in what way? I thought that a positive byproduct of HMH was that it guaranteed an annual rehab (or at least the necessity to touch and pay attention to much of the attraction). Also, didn't it bring about good changes like improved audio?
It does guarantee that objects are moved around. In some cases, like with the decaying fruit effect, this has been a positive for the normal Mansion. In many cases, as with the Singing Busts and the bride, the props return wonky or misaligned. All of surfaces, like the walls in the stretching room and corridor of doors, take on lots of wear and tear. The lighting and audio are showing their age and their levels are never quite right. Unfortunately, the downtime the attraction gets every year don't take time to refurbish or replace things that should be, unless they are very damaged. As a comparison, I just returned from WDW where their Mansion is pristine and well-maintained, despite few closures since 2007.

mickEblu

I have two problems with HMH:
• Its run is too long

Other than that, I think it's fun and I make the most of it every year! :)

I agree. I would just add the fact that it's up and running for the Halloween season. The classic HM is much more spooky and better suited for Halloween.
November 10th to January 10th would be perfect for this overlay. Of course, that probably leaves a lot of Merch sales on the table.

Stevek

You know as well as I do that 99% of the time, the most vocal haters still end up showing up to ride things like this. #disneyaddiction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom