Sales tax for Florida on Amazon purchases

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was hoping the day would never come, but it has. :cry:

Amazon is now collecting sales tax for purchases made from Florida from May 1 2014.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anyone know if any other states are affected?
Not that I have heard, but I would not expect that to last for long.

Amazon is building 2 large warehouses in Florida which is the reason they are no longer exempt from charging sales tax in Florida. If Amazon continues with its plan, they will eventually have a physical presence in almost every state.

BigTxEars

We've been dealing with it in Texas for a while. Although, I have to say...I can handle the sales tax...them raising the minimum purchase amount to qualify for free super saver shipping is what really ticked me off. :mad:

Agree, God Bless Texas and our lack of income tax at least!

Sooner or latter they (good ole federal government) will tax all the purchases on the internet with some crazed national commerce tax or something. It's to big and growing for them to keep their hands out of it IMO.

tribbleorlfl

Not that I have heard, but I would not expect that to last for long.

Amazon is building 2 large warehouses in Florida which is the reason they are no longer exempt from charging sales tax in Florida. If Amazon continues with its plan, they will eventually have a physical presence in almost every state.
Technically, they were not exempt from collecting sales tax all this time; the state simply had no means to enforce the collection. With the physical presence, they now do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom