Sales and great deals!

mouselvrmom

Hmm. That sounds like a deal. I don't think I'll be purchasing three anytime soon though. Michael's doesn't usually have sales on them anyway, do they?

k.hunter30

Original Poster
Hmm. That sounds like a deal. I don't think I'll be purchasing three anytime soon though. Michael's doesn't usually have sales on them anyway, do they?
Yeah... three would stil be quite an investment. It would be great for someone just starting out, wanting to get more than just the George cart that comes with it. But I'm not ready to put down $180+ just for the design studio. :shrug:

Disneyfalcon

Now what does the design studio do? Just skimming a page about it, I thought it said it contains the whole library of cartridges. If that's right why would anyone buy cartridges?

So I'm confused, can someone help?:D

ljs1691

When they first introduced the Design Studio software you could download it free off the internet so you could see what it was all about. (It may have had limited function on the download but I can't remember for sure.) So you could play with all of the images on your computer but not be able to print what you created unless you had the cartridges.

So, to further confuse you, you can manipute the images on the computer but you can't do anything with it until you pay for the individual cartridges. Makes perfect sense! :D

I actually played with it a couple of times and then deleted the software because I just don't have the time to sit and play with that stuff.

Hope this is as clear as mud.

edit: I just checked and you can still download a free trial from the Cricut site. FYI

KnK

In Louisville this week the Michael's had them on sale for $40.00 each. We bought 2 on Sunday....looks like I need to buy one more!

Disneyfalcon

When they first introduced the Design Studio software you could download it free off the internet so you could see what it was all about. (It may have had limited function on the download but I can't remember for sure.) So you could play with all of the images on your computer but not be able to print what you created unless you had the cartridges.

So, to further confuse you, you can manipute the images on the computer but you can't do anything with it until you pay for the individual cartridges. Makes perfect sense! :D

I actually played with it a couple of times and then deleted the software because I just don't have the time to sit and play with that stuff.

Hope this is as clear as mud.

edit: I just checked and you can still download a free trial from the Cricut site. FYI

Okay, thanks Laurie! That makes more sense! Kind of?:lol:

k.hunter30

Original Poster
No joke, I purchased a Christmas Cheer cartridge at WalMart for $1 on Sunday!:sohappy:

I sure hope this isn't a sign they're no longer going to carry cartridges...

Coree

Wow!! That's unbelievable. Our Walmart doesn't have many cartridges any more, but the ones they do have aren't on sale. :(

mouselvrmom

A dollar is awesome, Kat! :sohappy: I would love a christmas cheer cartridge for a dollar! I'll have to check walmart out.

Although, I did break down and buy the pooh cartridges for $40 each. :D

DisneyGigi

Wow, Holy thread bump!! But I wanted to let everyone know that Michaels has cricut cartridges for $40 right now again and it includes Disney ones.I have been looking for a good deal and saw their ad today, verified with the store that it does include the Disney. :wave:

Disneyfalcon

Wow, Holy thread bump!! But I wanted to let everyone know that Michaels has cricut cartridges for $40 right now again and it includes Disney ones.I have been looking for a good deal and saw their ad today, verified with the store that it does include the Disney. :wave:

That is a thread bump!:lol: But we always want to hear about sales!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom