Sad but interesting: Discovery Island

Martian Crab

Original Poster
I keep seeing posts that argue against the idea that Disney's quality is slipping yet more and more evidence sits in plain sight.

Martian Crab

Original Poster
Wait, isn't this a different one? The other one had all the photos of the flumes and the employee of the month stuff. Or is this just an extension?

If you saw flumes, that would be River Country. It is also abandoned and mouldering away. It's right across from Discovery Island.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2010/04/RiverCountry012-550x412.jpg

You can see some evidence of structures and a dock.This article provides an array of important information for all those who are planning to take flights to Halifax.

LilSuzy

Do you think they will do ANYTHING with it? Perhaps something in the future....such a shame to just leave an island just like that.:shrug:

Martian Crab

Original Poster
Do you think they will do ANYTHING with it? Perhaps something in the future....such a shame to just leave an island just like that.:shrug:

They let River Country rot in plain sight. Sadly I think it's now Disney's standard operating procedure to simply abandon what they deem unprofitable.

Lorange

Thought I'd throw in a scan of an old Discovery Isle Map I have, for anyone Interested. '79 if I'm not mistaken.

Note: If you're comparing this to Google Maps, Etc. the long "Beach" side of this map is the south side of the island. The Original Dock is on the east side (check the past aerials on Google Maps, Pretty Neat Stuff)

23h1y6r.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom