rumors run rampant

epcot71

Original Poster
is it me or does it seem like there is an immense amount of non confirmed rumors going around-not only in this sight but in many others.
i spoke to a freind of mine who is in mid level mgt with disney and said al weiss(president of wdw)sent out a lettter to some divisions of wdw about many people calling and asking of this and that closing or changing etc.he said a great deal is coming from wesights and so forth.
i love disney and like this sight and have a lot of fun in here but can see how fast (like a fire) a rumor can spread to be soo big and soo wrong.
only a small amount of rumors seem to materialize into fact that is confirmed by disney
i think alot comes also from peoples interpretations of things they see while there like a hotel section empty with no cars-we first think hmmmm they must be closing that hotel down becasue of the attendance issues but maybe they are rehabing that section that week and will be open again soon
and hourly cast members in my own opinions are the last person id ask for the truth-lol.

if it has not been announced officially by the company than im not going to worry about it.
if disney is going to close a hotel down they will first tell upper and mid level mgt then trickles down to lower mgt then to cast members-(while at same time is being released by public relations or guest services) the company isnt going to decide to close a hotel or ride and first tell the parking attendant-so chances are it is hearsay and rumors which u get in any company:) :)

The Mom

Premium Member
Epcot71, rather than quote your whole post, I'll reply seperately. And please, this is not an attack, just an observation. When people post a rumor in the news and rumors section, they are hoping for confirmation or denial of said rumor by someone who is more knowledgable, such as yourself. Sometimes, someone does post a rumor as if it is fact, but the other posters are generally quick to ask for clarification or verification. (Cite, please?) wdwmagic will post any official information pertaining to rumors as he obtains it, and clearly identifies any unofficial information he posts. All in all, I think this board does a fairly good job of not spreading unconfirmed rumors, and most members can see the difference between opinion and fact.

Again, this is not meant to be insulting in any way, just my take on the issue, which is not the opinion of the whole forum! :)

DisJosh

Yes we've been hearing alot lately. But none of it has been rumours(for the most part). If its up on the wdwmagic main site it's been confirmed. If you were refering to the closure of POFQ as a rumour, well it's not......theyre relocating guests as we speak.

epcot71

Original Poster
i didnt mean my post to be negative towards anyone in here at all-i just wanted those out there who like myself (when first getting online) thought all the rumors were tru and lost lots of sleep over things that were misleading or just rumors-thats all
i have no problem with anyone posting info about rumors at all;)

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by epcot71
i didnt mean my post to be negative towards anyone in here at all-i just wanted those out there who like myself (when first getting online) thought all the rumors were tru and lost lots of sleep over things that were misleading or just rumors-thats all
i have no problem with anyone posting info about rumors at all;)

Then we have a meeting of the minds...hello, how do you do? ;) (you might regret meeting mine later; it sometimes wanders or slips into the gutter)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Well in regards to the spectro rumor. I can deny that one right now. Last night I spoke to a prominent MK parade manager and i was told that alothough the execs gave serious consideration to canning spectro, it is NOT cancelled.

The Mom

Premium Member
BTW, this thread is a good example of how to post a difference of opinion!!

Everyone was polite and respectful, no insults or sarcastic remarks were exchanged, everyone presented the information he/she used to form his/her opinion, any misunderstandings were clarified, and we discovered that we didn't really have a disagreement after all, there were no hurt feelings, and we parted on friendly terms. Now wasn't that easy? :)

Beauty and the

Originally posted by marciahahn
BTW, this thread is a good example of how to post a difference of opinion!!

Everyone was polite and respectful, no insults or sarcastic remarks were exchanged, everyone presented the information he/she used to form his/her opinion, any misunderstandings were clarified, and we discovered that we didn't really have a disagreement after all, there were no hurt feelings, and we parted on friendly terms. Now wasn't that easy? :)

Thats why you're the Mom an example to us all, keep up the good work:animwink:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Beauty and the

Thats why you're the Mom an example to us all, keep up the good work:animwink:

Of course, the fact that I was born 2 or 3 decades earlier than almost all of you might have something to do with it, too! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom