Rumor: Will Alcoholic Beverages Be Included on the 2018 Disney Dining Plan?

Raineman

Get your point. But there are a ton of people on these threads that don't have the money and its helpful to hear both sides to determine what works best for your family.
I agree. Whatever people think about the DDP is fine with me, as long as they have the mindset of "it's not for me, not going to use it" or "I love it, I don't mind paying extra". Griping about it being too expensive when you have no plans to actually use it makes no sense to me.

21stamps

I agree. Whatever people think about the DDP is fine with me, as long as they have the mindset of "it's not for me, not going to use it" or "I love it, I don't mind paying extra". Griping about it being too expensive when you have no plans to actually use it makes no sense to me.

Have you ever seen a new upcharge offering thread? Or a party thread where people are griping about the prices when they aren't even traveling that time of year?lol

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Because you're too thick to realize it effects the oop cost as well.

21stamps

Because you're too thick to realize it effects the oop cost as well.

I've said this before, in threads that you have been in.. and you'll probably jump me again....but,

Comparatively, food at Disney World is the same or actually less than a lot of entertainment venues.
My friends are at wdw for 2 weeks right now, before they left we were at our kids' ballgame.. someone made a comment about Disney prices.. and we all, basically in unison, said how the food is cheaper than a lot of other places we go.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The key words are "looks like". Trust me each and every year we run the numbers with current menu prices. For at least the past 4 years it's is a better value paying cash for food that you will actually eat (and not throw out because it's to much) in conjunction with what ever room discount they are offering. I can't even tell you how many deserts or 3/4 full cups of soda we have thrown out or have seen thrown out. It totally depends on your family. Some days we are just not that hungry, so my daughter and I will split a meal. Paying cash gives us that choice. Free ice water at all QS locations saves $$ big time.
It might work out better for you visiting from in the States but for us pondhoppers we don't get room rates to compare it to. This is oir first ( and probably only ) year of using rhe dining plan because it works for us this time as we are meeting friends and will be eating a lot of table service. Normaly we wouldn't dine like this so it wouldnt work out for us. It really is a case of running the numbers for each trip and making an informed decision for your own family.

yedliW

From what the article said, people who do no the wish to have alcohol beverages could choose "specialty" non alcoholic beverages.

Have they defined 'Specialty' drink? Is it more than just milkshakes? Does it include the drinks with glowcubes or collectible cups? I've never really paid attention.. how many QS places have 'specialty' drinks?

We are going in March, and usually get the DDP for the convenience factor.. but we aren't drinkers and don't want to pay a premium for alcohol if we aren't going to be getting drinks.. We are doing a split stay, so we figured we may get it for the first (shorter) half of our trip. and pay OOP for the balance of the trip..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom