Rumor: Will Alcoholic Beverages Be Included on the 2018 Disney Dining Plan?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Why as americans does everyone think they can not have fun without being drunk? we can't go to sporting events concerts or even Disney world without drinking.
Not everybody drinks to excess, and not everybody needs to drink. Many people, however, enjoy alcohol responsibly, even at WDW. Many people you see walking around the parks are doing so with measurable levels of alcohol in their bloodstreams, and for the most part, you can't even tell.
You may as well just stay home and drink because after a few drinks you have no clue where you are anyway.
Not so -- after a few drinks at WDW, I know I'm not at home anymore, because if I was, I'd have to get out of my chair and get them myself. WDW has wonderful CMs working their bars and lounges, both behind the bars and working the tables.

Last edited:

Hockey89

Why as americans does everyone think they can not have fun without being drunk? we can't go to sporting events concerts or even Disney world without drinking. You may as well just stay home and drink because after a few drinks you have no clue where you are anyway. And sugar is a stupid thing to compare to alcohol because eating a dole whip is not going to render you drunk and obnoxious.
Two glasses of wine and I don't know where I am? Who do you think you are? Seriously... If you don't drink that is fine.... Get off your high horse...

Hockey89

Excuse you, who posts without knowing what you are talking about. Just because you have a drink does not mean you are drunk. If you do not like to drink, don't drink. But don't judge others who do. It's ridiculous. I"ve seen more sober people who were obnoxious than people who have had a drink or two. The sober people who let their children run around a restaurant screeching their brains out are the best.
Nailed....

Hockey89

And sugar is a stupid thing to compare to alcohol because eating a dole whip is not going to render you drunk and obnoxious.
Are you drunk right now bc you are pretty obnoxious.... Sugar is so bad for you... We have so many fat people in the country... It should definitely be banned at Disney.... Fat food? Yup banned.... All it leads to is more peopl being on scooters that take up space...

jakeman

Why as americans does everyone think they can not have fun without being drunk? we can't go to sporting events concerts or even Disney world without drinking. You may as well just stay home and drink because after a few drinks you have no clue where you are anyway. And sugar is a stupid thing to compare to alcohol because eating a dole whip is not going to render you drunk and obnoxious.
I had something reasonable type up then I reread this and decided to delete it and just go with the below:

If you ate as many dole whips as it takes for the average person to get drunk you're going to be spray vomit crazy. I'd rather deal with a tipsy tumbles then someone scream puking into the Adventureland bushes.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I had something reasonable type up then I reread this and decided to delete it and just go with the below:

If you ate as many dole whips as it takes for the average person to get drunk you're going to be spray vomit crazy. I'd rather deal with a tipsy tumbles then someone scream puking into the Adventureland bushes.
What if they are the dolewhips with rum ???

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Are you drunk right now bc you are pretty obnoxious.... Sugar is so bad for you... We have so many fat people in the country... It should definitely be banned at Disney.... Fat food? Yup banned.... All it leads to is more peopl being on scooters that take up space...
Thus showing you personally can be obnoxious without the benefit of alcohol....

Joeamc

Original Poster
Why as americans does everyone think they can not have fun without being drunk? we can't go to sporting events concerts or even Disney world without drinking. You may as well just stay home and drink because after a few drinks you have no clue where you are anyway. And sugar is a stupid thing to compare to alcohol because eating a dole whip is not going to render you drunk and obnoxious.[/QUOTE

Well Alcohol is already being offered at all disney parks now, so there is no reason to comment or argue that fact. But the question is how does everyone feel about it being offered in the dining plan. I think it's pretty cool because it gives people more options/value to the plan.

Joeamc

Original Poster

Well Alcohol is already being offered at all disney parks now, so there is no reason to comment or argue that fact. But the question is how does everyone feel about it being offered in the dining plan. I think it's pretty cool because it gives people more options/value to the plan.

Phonedave

I take it you have never had a drink in your life. Many people, myself included, enjoy alcoholic beverages, and yes part of that enjoyment is the effect that alcohol has on a person. Do I enjoy being drink, no, not at all. But many people enjoy relaxing with a drink or two, and are perfectly able to handle alcohol in a responsible way.

As for sugar, no, drinking soda al day long is not going to render you drunk and obnixous, but I posit that there are many more people who would be up in arms if WDW banned soda, than those who would be upset if they banned alcohol.

-dave

danyoung56

I think it's wrong they have alcohol at Disney at all. I do not understand why people think they must have it, this is Disney, can't we survive without it for a few days?

Ms. Princess, you of course have every right to your opinion. I for one really love that there's alcohol available at Disney. I've spent many a delightful night in the Rose & Crown, sipping martinis, chatting with folks from all over the world, and then going outside to watch IllumiNations with a healthy buzz. I don't get rude, I don't slur, I don't puke on people. I just have a fun time. I don't NEED it, but I WANT it.

njDizFan

I just can't see the benefit of this program. I like to have some drinks at Disney, sometimes with my meal and sometimes by itself...but adding an extra $5-7-9?/day onto my DDP does not seem to add any convenience. What if I didn't want it a drink with that specific meal or decided to have more than 1 (I'd be taking out my wallet anyway in that case). It just seems too limiting, you get 1 beer/wine/cocktail a day and only with your TS dinner. And by pre-ordering this beverage we will charge $2 less??

Can this drink credit be saved up for later until I have 7 for the week and make it most of the way around the WS?;)

Courtney6682

Saw this today on Facebook.....

2018diningplan.jpg

susan lees

We've already paid for our 2018 dining plan so no increase in price for us :happy:.
The comment from Ms Princess about no alcohol in Disney makes me lol. Sometimes while at Disney a stiff drink in definitely required:D

Magic Vet

I like this addition to the dining plans. At my last Disney vacation I tried the DP for the first time (Im a pass holder). On one aspect, I know that financially I am paying more for the DP than I would if I just purchased the same food without it. That being said, it was a great way to budget in advance, since I knew all my meals (minus tips) were already covered. It also gave me a freedom of trying things I normally wouldn't eat. Normally, I would just go with safe foods (burgers, salads, etc). With the DP I was a little more open (wanting to use it to it's full capacity). I tried more new things in one trip than ever! The addition of alcoholic beverages excites me, as I am already purchasing them. It also opens that opportunity to try things I otherwise would have passed up. Im excited for this change and look forward to trying it out next year :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom